Description: CLASSIFICATION TITLE:
Student Services Professional II UNION CODE:
R04 TEMPORARY END DATE:
This position is temporary and ends on or before December 31, 2023. Any continuation beyond December 31, 2023 is contingent upon satisfactory performance and available funding. FT/PT:
Full-time PAY PLAN:
12-month WORKPLACE TYPE:
On-site (work in-person at business location). ANTICIPATED HIRING RANGE:
Starting salary upon appointment is not expected to exceed $4,610 per month CSU CLASSIFICATION SALARY RANGE:
$4,610 - $6,556 PAY BASIS:
CSUB offers a best-in-class benefit package for eligible employees that includes an array of medical plans, choice of dental plans, vision coverage, retirement participation in CalPERS, CSU tuition waiver, up to 24 vacation days per year, sick leave with unlimited accrual, 14 paid holidays per year and more! See our benefits website for additional information. CANDIDATES ELIGIBLE TO APPLY:
Open to all qualified applicants SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT: FOR PRIORITY CONSIDERATION
, applications must be received by January 2, 2023
; however, the position will remain open until filled. CSU requires
faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19
or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. The systemwide policy can be found at CSU Vaccination Policy [calstate.policystat.com] and questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org . POSITION PURPOSE:
Within the Division of Student Affairs, the Campus Programming (CP) department is a vital member of the Student Affairs division and provides opportunities for campus collaborations between faculty, staff and students on programs and events. The Campus Programming department is responsible for traditional programs including but not limited to, Week of Welcome (WOW), Latinx Heritage Month, Black History Month, New Student Convocation weekend, Homecoming Week, Finals Week, Runner Nights, Brown Bag Discussions, Lunch with our Leaders, Roadrunner Society, and other social, educational, and cultural events/programs.
Under general supervision of the CP Director, the Campus Programming Coordinator works alongside the CP team to enhance the student life experience and school spirit at CSUB. The incumbent contributes to the department’s mission of promoting active and informed engagement through traditional and innovative educational, cultural, and social programs and provides leadership opportunities that nurture the personal and professional development of our students.
The Coordinator is responsible for working closely with the Director and part-time coordinator on a broad range of moderately complex projects involving the day-to-day operations of the department including event planning, marketing, social media, student assistant supervision, budget monitoring, rental space scheduling on 25Live and working with on-campus and off-campus clients. The coordinator will assist in supervising day-of event logistics that will require schedule flexibility for evening and weekend events. DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: Event Planning & Marketing
Department Rental Space Scheduling & Billing
- Lead in planning and coordinating campus programming events throughout the year to help promote school spirit and enhance the student life experience.
- Provide leadership and direction on event details, marketing materials, layout, timelines, communication, and day-of responsibilities.
- Work alongside students and campus partners in various committees to discuss ideas, plan logistics and execute fun, educational, and engaging events.
- In consultation with director, work with student graphic designer(s) on content, layout, and design of advertising materials for events.
- Develop partnerships and serve as point of contact with students, faculty, staff, vendors, general public, etc.
- Manage event specific budgets and process expense reconciliation.
- Responsible for assisting in successful completion of projects and events lead by Campus Programming using initiative and resourcefulness in planning work assignments and implementing long-range program improvements.
Office Administration and Day-to-Day Department Operations Support
- Daily work on 25Live, alongside part-time coordinator, to manage department rental space requests, approvals and billing for events, meetings and programs.
- Acts as liaison between department and students, faculty, staff, vendors, etc. regarding department events.
Department Operation Budget Support
- Provide supervision of student assistants through scheduling and assigning daily responsibilities.
- Oversee department email account inquiries and assist with answering and responding to department calls using high level of customer service.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE -
- Perform regular operational budget review and management; expense and procard reconciliation, invoice management, reports.
Equivalent to graduation from a four-year college or university in one of the behavioral sciences, public or business administration, or job-related field and two (2) years of experience in coordinating student services programs or experience in a related field. Specialized experience during which the applicant has acquired and successfully applied the appropriate knowledge and abilities may be substituted for the required education on a year-for-year basis. A master’s degree in a job-related field may be substituted for one year of the professional experience. SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES (SKA’s) -
- Regular and reliable attendance is required.
- Ability to interpret and apply program rules and regulations and use initiative and resourcefulness in planning work assignments and in implementing long-range program improvements.
- Ability to obtain factual and interpretative information, reason logically; collect, compile, analyze and evaluate data and make verbal or written presentations based on the data.
- Ability to advise students individually and in groups on routine matters where required; recognize multicultural, multi-sexed and multi-aged value systems and work accordingly.
- Ability to rapidly acquire a general knowledge of the overall operation, functions, and programs of the campus.
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions and carry through actions having implications with regard to other programs or service areas.
- Ability to foster an environment of inclusion and commitment to social justice.
- Possess strong event planning and marketing skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and leadership ability.
- Experience with graphic design (Adobe Creative Cloud) and budget management software.
- Demonstrated customer service experience requiring a very high level of diplomacy and professionalism.
- Ability to use tact and diplomacy to effectively handle and respond appropriately to conflicts and problems.
- Ability to initiate, establish, and foster communication and teamwork by maintaining a positive, cooperative, productive work atmosphere in the university with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships within a diverse population and with those from various cultural backgrounds.
- Excellent communication skills; ability to effectively communicate information in a clear and understandable manner, both verbally and in writing.
- Thorough knowledge of English grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Ability to interpret, communicate and apply policies and procedures.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to set own priorities to coordinate multiple assignments with fluctuating and time-sensitive deadlines.
- Excellent computer skills and competence with a variety of computer applications including word-processing, spreadsheets, databases, on-line systems, internet as well as online calendaring and email.
- Working knowledge of or ability to quickly learn University infrastructure.
- Experience and demonstrated involvement in programming and/or student activities or leadership programs.
- Master’s degree preferred
- Demonstrated skills in an institutional/educational environment utilizing a customer-oriented and service-centered attitude.
LIGHT WORK - involves mainly sitting, up to 25% standing or walking; lifting medium weight objects limited to 25 pounds. ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS:
N/A SPECIAL CONDITIONS: SCREENING:
Only those applicants possessing experience most directly related to the immediate needs of the office will be invited to appear before a Qualifications Appraisal Board for the purpose of appraising training, experience, and interest in the position. BACKGROUND CHECK:
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. CSU will make a conditional offer of employment, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was conditionally offered the position. SENSITIVE POSITION:
Sensitive positions are designated by the CSU as requiring heightened scrutiny of individuals holding the position, based on potential for harm to children, concerns for the safety and security of the people, animals, or property, or heightened risk of financial loss to the CSU or individuals in the university community. MANDATED REPORTER: Limited
: The person holding this position is considered a limited mandated reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083, revised July 21, 2017. CONFLICT OF INTEREST:
A “designated position” in the CSU’s Conflict of Interest Code. The successful candidate accepting this position is required to file Conflict of Interest forms subject to the regulations of the Fair Political Practices Commission. GENERAL INFORMATION:
It is the policy of California State University, Bakersfield to hire only United States citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States. All new employees will be required to present documentation verifying their right to accept employment. You will also be requested to present a social security card at the time of initial appointment in compliance with state payroll regulations. State regulations require that every state employee sign the Oath of Allegiance prior to commencing the duties of his/her State employment, except legally employed non-citizens. These individuals are required to sign the Declaration of Permission to Work. EEO STATEMENT:
California State University, Bakersfield is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. Applicants will be considered without regard to gender, race, age, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, disability or covered veteran status.
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled