The Position Bargaining Unit: Local 1 - FACS Site Supervisor Unit
The Contra Costa County Community Services Department is recruiting to fill Site Supervisor II vacancies in full-day child education centers serving approximately 2500 low-income families. Incumbents may be required to travel to child education centers countywide in the performance of assigned job duties.
Under supervision of the Assistant Director-Project, the Site Supervisor II's provide the day-to-day administration of an intermediate capacity child development site providing general child care, infant/toddler care and/or preschool services.
- Ensures that daily staffing requirements and child/staff ratios are met at all times
- Provides guidance and supervision to teaching and support staff as required
- Ensures compliance with State licensing, Federal requirements, and contract requirements
- Reviews instructional programs to ensure compliance with State and Federal requirements and developmentally appropriate practices
- Makes recommendations on staffing, program and expenditures, and maintains inventory documents
- Assists in interviewing, hiring, training, evaluating, and mentoring staff
- Monitors parent involvement through individual and group contacts and meetings
- Prepares and submits accurate and timely reports and correspondence as required
- Maintains effective community relations, and advocates for young children
- Interviews and certifies parent eligibility for services
- Ensures maintenance of required children, family, and program files
- Ensures appropriate career development for self and staff and maintains documentation as needed
- Follows procedures for making verbal and written reports of suspected child abuse to Children's Protective Services and to others as required.
- Reports unusual incidents to Community Care Licensing and to supervisors are required
- Complies with standards of conduct as required by Federal, State, and County regulations
- Performs other tasks as may be required for the efficient operation of the comprehensive, integrated program
Minimum Qualifications License Required:
Possession of a valid California Vehicle Operator License. Out of state valid motor vehicle operator's license will be accepted during the application process.Experience:
Two (2) years of full time or its equivalent experience as a Site Supervisor in a publicly funded preschool or child development program.Certificate Required:
Possession of a Child Development Site Supervisor Permit issued by the State of California or official written verification that all requirements for the permit have been completed and application has been made to the State. Employment will require mandatory maintenance of the permit by taking continuing education courses as specified by the State for its renewal.Special Requirements:
Ability to meet such standards as may be required by the Federal Head Start Performance Standards, California Department of Education Title V, and California Department of Social Services Title XXII regulations dealing with preschool and child development programs. Note: As required by law, all appointees must successfully pass a physical examination and fingerprint and tuberculosis clearances and a current physical examination.PLEASE NOTE: All applicants must submit official or unofficial transcripts and verification of their Child Development Site Supervisor Permit with the application. Make sure to include your name on all application documents. If you are unable to attach your permit and/or transcripts to your online application you may email scanned copies to firstname.lastname@example.org within seven (7) days of applying. Failure to do so will result in your automatic rejection.
For full information regarding the requirements of all Child Development Permits issued by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing as well as instructions on how to apply, please see the Child Development Permit Leaflet.
You may obtain additional information and assistance by contacting:
California Commission on Teacher Credentialing
1812 9th Street
Sacramento, CA 95814-7000
Web Site: www.ctc.ca.gov
Selection Process Application Filing:
All applicants must apply on-line at www.cccounty.us/hr
and submit the information as indicated on the job announcement by the final filing date.
If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact the Community Services Bureau directly at 925-608-5020. COVID-19 VACCINE REQUIREMENTS
Contra Costa County enacted a mandatory COVID-19 vaccine requirement for employees. Proof of full vaccination will be required of all employees, including new hires. The policy requirements can be found here: https://www.contracosta.ca.gov/DocumentCenter/View/72164/2021824-Mandatory-Vaccination-Policy-PDF?bidId= CONVICTION HISTORY
After you receive a conditional job offer, you will be fingerprinted, and your fingerprints will be sent to the California Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). The resulting report of your conviction history (if any) will be used to determine whether the nature of your conviction conflicts with the specific duties and responsibilities of the job for which you have received a conditional job offer. If a conflict exists, you will be asked to present any evidence of rehabilitation that may mitigate the conflict, except when federal or state regulations bar employment in specific circumstances. Having a conviction history does not automatically preclude you from a job with Contra Costa County. If you accept a conditional job offer, the Human Resources department will contact you to schedule a fingerprinting appointment. DISASTER SERVICE WORKER
All Contra Costa County employees are designated Disaster Service Workers through state and local law. Employment with the County requires the affirmation of a loyalty oath to this effect. Employees are required to complete all Disaster Service Worker-related training as assigned, and to return to work as ordered in the event of an emergency.EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
It is the policy of Contra Costa County to consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, ancestry, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, or other protected category under the law.
To find more information on Benefits offered by Contra Costa County, please go to https://www.contracosta.ca.gov/1343/Employee-Benefits
Closing Date/Time: Continuous