Physician & Surgeon (IM/FP) - Integrated Substance Use Disorder Treatment Program (ISUDT)
$302,424 - $317,556 annual (Time-Limited Board Certified)
$287,268 - $301,656 annual (Lifetime Board Certified)
$272,184 - $285,804 annual (Pre-Board Certified)
Do you have a keen professional interest in addiction medicine and substance abuse treatment? California Correctional Health Care Services is seeking Internal Medicine/Family Practice physicians to join this newly-created program dedicated to providing specialized care to patients with a history of substance abuse who require additional medical assistance.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Direct patient care, including assessments and evaluations
- Diagnostic testing and interpretation
- Prescribing and monitoring medication
- Managing co-morbidities
Special requirements for this program:
- Significant recent experience treating addictions (at least 3 years in the last 5 years)
- Possession of an X waiver on DEA license
- Addiction medicine specialty/certification (desirable)
We currently have opportunities at Wasco State Prison located in the heart of central California’s Kern County. With an array of metropolitan conveniences, natural attractions, and recreational activities, this is the ideal place to enjoy the work-life balance you’ll find with CCHCS.
CCHCS offers a competitive compensation package, including:
- 40-hour workweek
- Generous paid time off and holiday schedule
- Relocation assistance for those new to State of California service
- Robust 401(k) and 457(b) retirement plans (tax defer up to $45,000 - $60,000 per year)
- Paid CME, with paid time off to attend
- Dedicated assistance visa sponsorship
- Comprehensive malpractice insurance coverage
- And much more
Submit your CV to CentralizedHiringUnit@cdcr.ca.gov or call (877) 793-4473 for more information.
Candidates new to CCHCS are required to submit to a background investigation process utilizing Live Scan Fingerprinting, and Tuberculosis (TB) testing prior to appointment followed by department annual TB testing/evaluation thereafter.
"CCHCS uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce. For more information about E-Verify, please go to www.e-verify.gov
Closing Date/Time: Until Filled