CERTIFIED NURSING ASSIST 1 - Requisition ID: 15873
Recruitment Type: Open Competitive
Posting Close Date: N/A
Geographical Location: Las Vegas, Boulder City, Indian Springs, Jean, Henderson
Department:DEPARTMENT OF VETERANS SERVICES
Division: DEPARTMENT OF VETERANS SERVICES
Business Unit: HR-OFFICE OF VETERANS SERVICES
*Pay Grade: GRADE 21
Salary Range: $30,025.44 - $42,824.88
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full Time
Recruiter: PRICILLA GUZMAN TRUJILLO
Phone: 702 332-6702
For over 75 years the Nevada Department of Veterans Services has been dedicated to helping an estimated 250,000 Nevada veterans get the services, benefits and quality of life they deserve. We understand that our employees enable our veterans and their family’s ability to enhance their standard of living, that is why we focus on creating career opportunities that are rooted in our employees’ sense of purpose and passions.
At the Southern Nevada State Veterans Home (SNSVH) our mission is to provide skilled nursing services to veterans, their spouses, and Gold Star parents. Our nursing staff-to-resident ratios promote quality patient care, and our ‘team’ approach encourages participation at all levels. “As a team, we all share the responsibility of “Serving Nevada’s Heroes”, and we take that responsibility very seriously.”- SNSVH Administrator.
The SNSVH has maintained the highest 5-Star Quality Rating by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) and has also earned the highest ranking of “High Performing” in the 2022-2023 “Best Nursing Homes” ratings by U.S. News & World Report.
Learn more about the quality of care we provide by visiting our website at veterans.nv.gov .
If you desire to have more than just a job, and desire to make a difference for the greater good in helping our local Veterans that have already given so much this is your opportunity.
Certified Nursing Assistants (CNA) perform basic restorative services and basic nursing services which are directed at the safety, comfort, personal hygiene, basic mental health and protection of patient rights in accordance with the Patient’s Bill of Rights and within the authorized scope of practice specified in the Nurse Practice Act.
The Nevada Department of Veterans Services, Southern Nevada State Veterans Home (SNSVH) located in Boulder City is recruiting for Certified Nursing Assistant 1 positions to underfill for Certified Nursing Assistant 2's. Under the supervision of a licensed nurse, you will provide personal care, which includes assisting the residents with daily living activities per SNSVH policy and procedures and the Nevada Nurse Practice Act. Duties include monitoring and reporting vital signs including weight and pain; ensuring adequate hydration and nutrition and reporting any concerns; documenting the care given to residents and the specific parameters of health status monitored for the residents; responding to residents' requests noting changes and pertinent information; and other relevant CNA duties as assigned. Progression to the Certified Nursing Assistant 2 level may occur upon meeting minimum qualifications, satisfactory performance, and with the approval of the appointing authority. This is a 24-hour facility; therefore, day, evening and night shifts are available.
To see full class specifications, visit: http://hr.nv.gov/uploadedFiles/hrnvgov/Content/Resources/ClassSpecs/10/10-368spc(8).pdf
- Certification as a Certified Nursing Assistant by the Nevada State Board of Nursing.
Application Evaluation Exam
- The exam will consist of an application evaluation. It is essential that applications include detailed information with time frames regarding education and experience. The most qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for interview. The hiring agency may require specific skills related testing as part of the interviewing process.
- Certification as a Nursing Assistant by the Nevada State Board of Nursing is required at the time of application and as a condition of continuing employment for the Certified Nursing Assistant I, II and III.
- This position requires CPR certification at time of appointment and as a condition of continuing employment.
- A State of Nevada/FBI fingerprint based background check is required as a condition of appointment and as a condition of continuing employment.
- Working overtime on short notice, weekends and/or holidays is required.
The NSVH is located in Boulder City. Just minutes away from the City of Henderson and is south of Las Vegas.
100 Veterans Memorial Drive
Boulder City, NV 89005
What’s In It for You:
Medical coverage with a generous contribution
Dental, Vision, and Basic Life Insurance
Time Away from Work and Work/Life Balance
- 3 weeks of Vacation annually
- 3 weeks of Sick Leave annually
- 11 paid holidays per year
- Day, evening, and night shifts are available.
Retirement and Savings Plans
- Nevada Public Employees’ Retirement System
- Deferred Compensation
- College Savings Plans
This recruitment may close at any time based on the number of applications received. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
*The salary range indicated in this announcement is based on the Employee/Employer retirement compensation schedule. An employer-only option is available at a reduced salary range.
The State of Nevada is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action in recruitment of its employees and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or belief, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, domestic partnership, genetic information (GINA), or compensation and/or wages. Nearest Major Market: