Provides quality fitness instruction for the benefit of the participants. The days of work and hours will vary with each class. This position will report to a Recreation Coordinator.
The salary range for this position is $17.02- $20.67
per hour, depending on qualifications and experience. Position will remain open until filled. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide safe and effective class instruction to registered participants; provide make up sessions as required
- Develop and implement lesson plans
- Participate in required trainings & safety meetings
- Inspect classroom/program environment and equipment to insure safety
- Handle emergencies according to established procedures
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Keep current on the trends and advancements in the area of assigned class activity/training utilizing approved educational sources
- Complete and maintain accurate administrative & record keeping tasks including but not limited to participant medical assessments, written consent forms, written exercise plans, guest evaluations, descriptions for promotional brochures
Other duties as assigned.JOB QUALIFICATIONS: Knowledge, skills and abilities:
Knowledge of activity required. Strong oral communication skills required. Ability to work effectively and diplomatically with diverse groups required. Strong customer service skills required. Ability to handle difficult situations involving participants with patience, good judgment and diplomacy required. Ability to build and maintain strong participant enrollments. Education and/or experience
: Instructor II:
- Course work in recreation, education or related field preferred.
- A minimum of three (3) months of experience teaching specific exercise/fitness classes discipline required or a minimum of 3 months class participation and ability to complete supervisory led training within 45 days of hire.
- Previous participation in and sound knowledge of the activity required.
Degree in recreation, education or related field preferred. Minimum of three (3) years' experience teaching a variety of fitness classes required. Previous participation in and sound knowledge of the activity required. Licensure and/or certifications: Instructor II:
Current CPR & First Aid certificates or ability to obtain within 30 days of hire date required. Instructor III
Current certification from a nationally recognized primary group exercise certification organization preferred (e.g ACE or AFAA). Current CPR & First Aid certificate or ability to obtain within 30 days of hire date required. Core Competencies:
Accountability, Integrity, Transparency & Honoring the Public Trust, Collaboration, Innovation, Safety, Excellent Service with Courtesy and Kindness
Material and equipment directly used:
Audio-visual equipment, exercise and sports equipmentWorking environment/physical activities:
Must be able to physically & safely lead and demonstrate the skill and/or activity.
Will be required to work varied hours, including evenings and weekends. May require pushing, pulling, stooping, kneeling, crouching, climbing, positioning and moving equipment necessary for the activity.
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
With over 300 days of sunshine, and just 30 miles from Rocky Mountain National Park in the heart of northern Colorado, Loveland is an ideal community for anyone to call home. Known as the Sweetheart City, this vibrant cultural hub is home to nearly 500 sculptures and public art installations, the world-famous Valentine Remail Program, and picturesque views of the Rocky Mountains. The community is bustling with a thriving arts, brewery, foodie and shopping scene. Enjoy headliner concert and theatre productions, professional hockey events, endless community recreation and open space opportunities, art and sculpture shows, and several local festivals. Loveland also boasts an award-winning golf course and an inclusive library and community center. Loveland, Colorado has EVERYTHING YOU LOVE!
In 2020, Loveland was the only Colorado City to win the Governor's Award for Downtown Excellence, is the top residential recycling City in the state for 4 consecutive years and has been ranked as one of the top places to live, work and raise a family in the U.S. and as one of the Most Idyllic Picturesque towns in America.
Apply today to join more than 800 employees who work to meet the core values of: Accountability & Integrity, Transparency & Honoring the Public Trust, Collaboration, Innovation, Safety, Excellent Service with Courtesy and Kindness. The City of Loveland is a diverse and welcoming community organization and our employees enjoy a competitive benefits program, various opportunities for growth and development, and an exceptional work-life balance.
A vibrant community, surrounded by natural beauty, where you belong! Non Benefit Eligible Benefits Package Includes:
- Retirement - 457 employee funded plan
- Medical Leave - Up to 48 hours accrued. Accrue 1 hour of leave per 30 hours worked
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The City of Loveland provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.
A criminal history background check will be obtained pre-employment.