Summary MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN I SALARY RANGE - If hired as MAINTENANCE MECHANIC I
$ 41,600.00 - $ 60,320.00 /Annually $20.00 - $29.00/Hourly MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN II SALARY RANGE - If hired as MAINTENANCE MECHANIC II #9912
$ 46,742.00 - $ 67,777.00 /Annually $22.47 - $32.58/Hourly MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN III SALARY RANGE - If hired as MAINTENANCE MECHANIC, Senior
$ 52,520.00 - $ 76,155.00 /Annually $25.25 - $36.61/Hourly WORKING FOR THE CITY OF MCKINNEY
Working for the City of McKinney is more than a job. It is an opportunity to make a meaningful difference in the lives of others. It is also an opportunity to have a hand in the development of one of the fastest growing communities in the nation. In 2014, our community was named “The #1 Best Place to Live in America.” Although proud of that honor, everyone on our team is committed to making McKinney an even better place to live, work and raise a family. That’s why we exist. OUR CORE VALUES
City of McKinney employees work hard and at a very fast pace. However, we also look after and support one another. All of us are guided by four employee-inspired values - Respect, Integrity, Service, and Excellence (RISE). We are also supported by servant-based leaders who foster and support a healthy, family-oriented culture. All new employees are expected to embrace and live by our core values and commit to helping us sustain our exceptional work environment as a high performance organization. SUMMARY OF POSITION
Under close supervision, the Facilities Maintenance Mechanic I is responsible for making minor plumbing repairs and performing routine general maintenance of facilities. This is the entry-level classification in the Facilities Maintenance Mechanical series. The incumbent follows routine procedures and guidelines in the application of prescribed duties and works under close supervision with work frequently reviewed by a superior. This classification is distinguished from Facilities Maintenance Mechanic II, in that the latter performs complex technical duties requiring a higher level of knowledge and skill.
Essential Functions/Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities GENERAL EXPECTATIONS FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
In order for us to continue to achieve our primary function of making McKinney a better place to live, work, and raise a family, we hold these expectations for all employees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Learn and demonstrate an understanding of how team, department, and City goals are interconnected.
- Contribute to a positive work culture.
- Maintain regular and reliable attendance.
- Ability to assess his/her work performance or the work performance of the team.
- Contribute to the development of others and/or the working unit or overall organization.
- Ability and willingness to work as part of a team, to demonstrate team skills, and to perform a fair share of team responsibilities.
- Ability to continuously learn and develop through a mix of internal and external training opportunities, and if applicable, encourage subordinates to do the same.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assists in performing minor plumbing repair, light carpentry, minor electrical and lighting repair, painting and routine filter changes on HVAC systems.
- Provides assistance to the Facilities Maintenance Mechanic II or Facilities Maintenance Mechanic III with required installation, maintenance or repair of equipment.
- Assists in general construction and remodeling work.
- Maintains records of work activities, as well as of supplies, parts and materials used.
- Inspects and performs scheduled preventive maintenance services (changing belts, fluids, hoses, lubricants, etc.) of City facilities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND BEHAVIORS
- Responsible for inspecting and maintaining assigned equipment.
- Identify abnormal readings or trends in data collected from gauges, meters, dials and instruments.
- Identify potential safety hazards.
- Perform other duties as assigned or directed.
- Ability to embrace and embody the City’s core values of Respect, Integrity, Service, and Excellence (R.I.S.E.).
- Ability to communicate effectively with peers, supervisors, subordinates, and people to whom service is provided.
- Ability to produce desired work outcomes, including quality, quantity, and timeliness.
- Ability to plan and organize work, time, and resources, and if applicable, that of subordinates.
- Requires technical education, certifications, licenses, previous job experience to perform the essential duties and responsibilities with minimal supervision i.e. electrical maintenance, HVAC repairs, appliance repairs, etc.
- Requires the ability provide guidance, assistance, and/or interpretation to others on how to apply procedures and standards to specific situations.
- Requires the ability to operate, maneuver and/or control the actions of equipment, machinery, tools, and/or materials used in performing essential functions.
- Requires the ability to utilize a wide variety of descriptive data and information, such as electrical diagrams, work orders, policy manuals, and equipment instructions.
- Requires ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagrammatic form. Involves semi-routine standardized work with some latitude for independent judgment concerning choices of action.
- Requires the ability to exercise the judgment required in situations characterized by repetitive or short cycle operations covered by set procedures or sequences.
- Requires the ability to perform coordinated movements involving placing and turning motions, such as operating a tractor, drill press, hand held radio, table saw, and computer terminal.
- Basic knowledge of data entry, MS word, & MS excel, the ability to learn the current Work Order System and the ability to learn the Tracer Summit HVAC Control System
- Knowledge of minor repair and maintenance methods used in areas or responsibility; safety practices and procedures.
- Ability to work in a stressful environment
- Build professional relationships with internal staff and customers.
- Offer flexibility and adaptability, especially during times of change.
Required Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
High school diploma or GED equivalent.Any work related experience resulting in acceptable proficiency levels in the above Minimum Qualifications may be an acceptable substitute for the above specified education and experience requirements. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
One (1) year of experience in general maintenance and repair of buildings and facilities preferred. CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Will be required to work on-call.
- Must pass a drug screen and background check.
- Must have Class C Texas Driver’s License.
- CJIS background check.
Physical Demands/Supplemental PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Tasks involve the ability to exert heavy physical effort in heavy work, with greater emphasis on climbing and balancing, but typically also involving some combination of stooping, kneeling, crouching, and crawling, and the lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling of moderately heavy objects and materials (20-50 pounds); may occasionally involve heavier objects and materials (up to 100 pounds). Some tasks require visual and odor perception and discrimination. WORK ENVIRONMENT
Tasks may risk exposure to extreme cold/heat or extreme weather conditions, strong odors or smoke, dust or pollen, and toxic chemicals.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed as of the date of preparation and approval. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee, and all requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
The City of McKinney is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) committed to an alcohol / drug free workplace and to providing equal opportunities regardless of age, race, color, gender, religion, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
The City offers a full complement of benefits:
Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance, Long Term Disability Insurance, Legal Services, Flexible Spending Medical and Child Care, Employee Assistance Program, Supplemental Insurance; Paid Vacation and Sick Leave, Ten Paid Holidays. Texas Municipal Retirement System (TMRS) mandatory 7% employee contribution with City match of 2:1; 457 Deferred Compensation Plans; Tuition Reimbursement
For more detailed information, please see the City of McKinney'ssummary of benefits by clicking on the link below:
Closing Date/Time: Continuous