Job Summary Camp Supervisor for Tony Shotwell Life Center Spring and Summer 2023
Determines program content and methods used in providing service, coordinates, promotes, implements and evaluates summer camp activities and events assigned. Plans and supervises a program of arts and crafts, youth sports, and other summer camp specialties. Essential Job Functions
- Knowledge of recreation, cultural and social needs of the community
- Procedures for planning, implementing, and maintaining a variety of recreation leisure time activities and programs through community participation, hazards and accepted safety precautions associated with the task, principles and techniques used in supervision and training.
- Standard program evaluation methods and report writing procedures.
- Handles cash and closes cash register by accepting payments; making receipts; recording money that was received; ensuring that customers were charged properly by having knowledge of all program times and prices; counting money for the day; separating petty cash; and placing money in the safe.
- Requires a High School diploma or GED and one year of recreation experience. An Associates degree or two years of college with major course work in leisure services, park administration or a related field preferred.
- A valid Texas Class C drivers license required.
- Experience working and supervising children in a recreation or camp environments preferred and cash handling a plus.
Closing Date/Time: 9/1/2023 5:00 PM Central