Physician & Surgeon (IM/FP)
$173,892 - $182,592 annual (Time-Limited Board Certified) (.50/20hr week)
$165,180 - $173,454 annual (Lifetime Board Certified) (.50/20hr week)
$156,504 - $164,340 annual (Pre-Board Certified) (.50/20hr week)
- Physicians providing care at select institutions receive an additional 15% Stipend of Base pay ($45,360 - $62,760 Time-Limited Board Certified; $43,092 - $59,640 Lifetime Board Certified; $40,824 - $56,496 Pre-Board Certified)
Are you looking to practice medicine and maintain a positive work-life balance? A career with California Correctional Health Care Services (CCHCS) allows you to focus on providing quality care without the burdens of managing insurance paperwork or maintaining a private practice while committing to providing optimal care, promoting patients’ successful reintegration into society, and reducing recidivism.
We currently have opportunities at Kern Valley State Prison located in the heart of central California’s Kern County. With an array of metropolitan conveniences, natural attractions, and recreational activities, this is the ideal place to enjoy the work-life balance you’ll find with CCHCS.
Here, in a supportive and collaborative environment, you will:
- Enjoy a practical patient panel
- Deliver basic primary care to our diverse patient population
- Provide education to patients related to chronic disease management
CCHCS offers a competitive compensation package, including:
- 40-hour workweek
- Generous paid time off and holiday schedule
- Relocation assistance for those new to State of California service
- Robust 401(k) and 457(b) savings plans (tax defer up to $45,000 - $60,000 per year)
- Paid CME, with paid time off to attend
- Dedicated assistance with visa sponsorship
- Comprehensive malpractice insurance coverage
- And much more
Submit your CV to CentralizedHiringUnit@cdcr.ca.gov or call (877) 793-4473 for more information.
Candidates new to CCHCS are required to submit to a background investigation process utilizing Live Scan Fingerprinting, and Tuberculosis (TB) testing prior to appointment followed by department annual TB testing/evaluation thereafter.
Please review the appropriate bulletin/assessment on the Bulletin Page for the Minimum Qualifications and, if qualified, complete the Assessment according to the instructions.
How To Apply: You ma y apply for this position by clicking “Apply Now” on the top or bottom of this page.
"CCHCS uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce. For more information about E-Verify, please go to www.e-verify.gov ."
Closing Date/Time: Until Filled