Clinical Social Worker (Health/Correctional Facility)-Safety - Integrated Substance Use Disorder Treatment Program (ISUDT) *Depending on Experience*
$89,040 - $113,244 Annual Range (Licensed)
$82,764 - $105,612 Annual Range (Non-licensed) Clinical Social Workers providing care within one of our Psychiatric Inpatient Units receive an additional 15% Stipend of Base Pay
Do you have a keen professional interest in addiction medicine and substance use treatment? California Correctional Health Care Services (CCHCS) is seeking California-licensed clinical social workers to join our Integrated Substance Use Disorder Treatment Program (ISUDT). This newly-created statewide program is designed to provide integrated, specialized care to patients with a history of substance use who require additional medical assistance. ISUDT staff are committed to providing optimal care, promoting patients’ successful reintegration into society, and reducing recidivism. During the COVID-19 state of emergency, the program will offer Telework options which will be provided based on operational availability. In addition, hiring interviews will be available virtually using teleconferencing or video conferencing options.
We currently have opportunities at California Institution for Men, located in Chino 35 miles southeast of Los Angeles. This family-friendly bedroom community has been recognized as one of the “100 Best Communities for Youth.” Here, you’ll find multiple parks and recreational facilities, easy access to the culture and entertainment of Los Angeles, and an easy commute from a variety of Southern California communities. Plus, with the positive work-life balance you’ll find with CCHCS, you’ll be able to enjoy all Chino has to offer.
Within this program and under the general direction of the Supervising Psychiatric Social Worker I, you will:
- Provide screening and assessment for substance use disorders to determine treatment needs and level of care
- Develop comprehensive treatment plans
- Coordinate with the Primary Care Team to provide quality care
- Provide short-term counseling intervention to address client needs surrounding substance use disorders
To thrive in this position, you must be:
- Knowledgeable in substance use disorder assessment and treatment
- Skilled in the area of motivational interviewing
- Knowledgeable in the area of trauma-informed care
In return for your efforts, we offer true career balance with all of the stability and benefits found in employment with the State of California:
- 40-hour workweek (affords you true work-life balance)
- Generous paid time off and holiday schedule
- State of California retirement that vests in 5 years (visit www.CalPERS.ca.gov for retirement formulas)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Robust 401(k) and 457 savings plans (tax defer up to $45,000 - $60,000 per year)
- Free on-site, in-person CEUs
- Dedicated assistance with visa sponsorship
- Potential NHSC Loan Repayment (depending on location)
Candidates new to CCHCS are required to submit to a background investigation process utilizing Live Scan Fingerprinting, and Tuberculosis (TB) testing prior to appointment followed by department annual TB testing/evaluation thereafter.
Submit your CV to CentralizedHiringUnit@cdcr.ca.gov or call (877) 793-4473 for more information.
Please review the appropriate bulletin/assessment on the Bulletin Page
for the Minimum Qualifications and, if qualified, complete the Assessment according to the instructions.
How To Apply: You may apply for this position by clicking “Apply Now” on the top or bottom of this page.
"CCHCS uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce. For more information about E-Verify, please go to www.e-verify.gov ."
Closing Date/Time: Until Filled