HWY MAINTENANCE WORKER 2 - CREW 170 - UNDERFILL - Requisition ID: 17388
Recruitment Type: Open Competitive
Posting Close Date: N/A
Geographical Location: Tonopah
Department:DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION
Division: DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION
Business Unit: HR-TRANSPORTATION ADMIN
*Pay Grade: GRADE 26
Salary Range: $36,393.84 - $52,826.40
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full Time
Recruiter: STEPHANIE L SWANSON
Phone: 775 888-7276
Highway Maintenance Workers are certified by the Nevada Department of Transportation (NDOT) to operate a variety of complex or specialized highway maintenance and construction equipment in order to restore and maintain the integrity of roadway surfaces; maintain roadside slopes, shoulders, culverts and ditches to restore drainage and prevent erosion; and repair or replace related roadway appurtenances such as guardrails, markers, guide posts and fences.
This position is located in Tonopah, Nevada on crew 170. This position is located in a rural area. The applicant must reside in the area. is responsible for performing routine maintenance, including keeping pavement surface, shoulders, clear zones, and associated roadways in good repair; winter maintenance, including snow plow operation and anti-icing activities; summer betterment projects, and assistance in emergency operations. The hours for these positions are subject to change depending on the needs of the appointing authority and may be five 8-hour shifts or four 10-hour shifts. These positions may require working in inclement weather.
**THIS IS THE CONTINUING TRAINEE LEVEL IN THE SERIES AND INCUMBENT MAY PROGRESS TO THE NEXT LEVEL UPON MEETING THE MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, SATISFACTORY PERFORMANCE AND WITH THE APPROVAL OF THE APPOINTING AUTHORITY.**
Copy and paste https://youtu.be/V9QL_LHwY0c into the navigation bar of your browser for an inside look at NDOT's maintenance crews.
To see full Class Specifications, visit: http://hr.nv.gov/Resources/ClassSpecs/Class_Specifications-9_0/
One year of experience performing basic highway maintenance work; OR one year of experience as a Highway Maintenance Worker I in Nevada State service.
Application Evaluation Exam
- The exam will consist of an application evaluation. It is essential that applications include detailed information with time frames regarding education and experience. The most qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for interview. The hiring agency may require specific skills related testing as part of the interviewing process.
- Pursuant to NRS 284.4066, positions in this series have been identified as affecting public safety. Persons offered employment in these positions must submit to a pre-employment screening for controlled substances. In addition, federal law requires random testing for controlled substances during employment.
- A valid driver's license is required at the time of appointment and as a condition of continuing employment.
- This position may require working alternate shifts and outside of traditional business hours. The hours for this position are subject to change depending on the needs of the appointing authority and may be five 8-hour shifts or four 10-hour shifts.
- A valid Class A or B commercial driver's license is required within six months of employment.
This recruitment may close at any time based on the number of applications received. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
*The salary range indicated in this announcement is based on the Employee/Employer retirement compensation schedule. An employer-only option is available at a reduced salary range.
The State of Nevada is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action in recruitment of its employees and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or belief, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, domestic partnership, genetic information (GINA), or compensation and/or wages. Nearest Major Market: