PSYCHIATRIC NURSE 2 - NON-DIRECT CARE QA - Requisition ID: 17379
Recruitment Type: Open Competitive
Posting Close Date: 6/9/2023
Geographical Location: Las Vegas, Boulder City, Indian Springs, Jean, Henderson
Department:DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
Division: DHHS - AGING AND DISABILITY SERVICES DIVISION
Business Unit: HR-DESERT REGIONAL CENTER
*Pay Grade: GRADE 39
Salary Range: $62,848.80 - $94,085.28
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full Time
Recruiter: VICTORIA L SHEEHAN
Phone: 775 684-0133
The Aging and Disability Services Division (ADSD) is currently recruiting for Psychiatric Nurse II (Non-direct Care QA) in Las Vegas, Nevada. This recruitment may be used to fill current and future vacancies as they occur in the Desert Regional Center (DRC).
Psychiatric Nurses provide professional nursing care to individuals with developmental delays, developmental disabilities, intellectual disabilities, or social, emotional, and/or behavioral disorders, in an institution or out-patient setting in accordance with the authorized scope of practice specified in the Nurse Practice Act.
This is a non-direct care nursing position and incumbents are required to complete and type pages of Nurse assessments, nurse consultations and hospital discharge consults, conduct death reviews identifying health and safety risks, and develop appropriate supports to improve/maintain health conditions. Incumbents are required to complete Quality Assurance (QA) reviews of supported living homes in relation to health and safety issues. Ability to use Word, and Excel for drafting nursing reports.
Psychiatric Nurses in this position are involved in developing and conducting training programs for agency staff, and community providers in health-related areas and are required to attend eligibility, human rights, and other meetings where they provide nursing recommendations for individuals served. As a nurse in the DRC Community Services QA department, incumbents must be able to work with various agency personnel, outside agency staff, division staff, and contracted community provider staff. Building effective working relationships is an important aspect of the job. Incumbents are responsible for conducting investigations of serious incidents including suspected abuse and neglect while treating individuals with dignity and respect and supporting them to make personal choices and achieve desired goals.Incumbents possess a degree of knowledge and proficiency sufficient to perform work independently with little or no additional training.
To see full Class Specifications visit: http://hr.nv.gov/Resources/ClassSpecs/Class_Specifications-10_0//
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse and two years of professional nursing experience, one of which included working in a facility or institution with individuals with mental illness, developmental disabilities or intellectual disabilities; OR one year of experience as a Psychiatric Nurse I in Nevada State service; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience as described above.
Application Evaluation Exam
- The exam will consist of an application and resume evaluation. It is essential that applications/resumes include detailed information with time frames regarding education and experience. The most qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for interview. The hiring agency may require specific skills related testing as part of the interviewing process.
- A Bachelor’s degree in nursing is equivalent to a diploma or Associate’s degree in nursing and one year of experience.
- Out of state applicants must have a temporary license as a Registered Nurse issued by the Nevada State Board of Nursing at the time of appointment and must obtain permanent licensure as a Registered Nurse issued by the Nevada State Board of Nursing as a condition of continuing employment.
- A State of Nevada/FBI background check will be required of the selected applicant.
- A valid driver's license is required at the time of appointment and as a condition of continuing employment.
- Pursuant to NRS 284.4066, this position has been identified as affecting public safety. Persons offered employment in this position must submit to a pre-employment screening for controlled substances.
- A pre-employment criminal history check and fingerprinting are required. Persons offered employment in this position will be required to pay for these items.
- CPR certification is required at the time of appointment and as a condition of continuing employment.
This recruitment may close at any time based on the number of applications received. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
*The salary range indicated in this announcement is based on the Employee/Employer retirement compensation schedule. An employer-only option is available at a reduced salary range.
The State of Nevada is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action in recruitment of its employees and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or belief, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, domestic partnership, genetic information (GINA), or compensation and/or wages. Nearest Major Market:
Closing Date/Time: 6/9/2023