Under direction of the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), County of Santa Clara Health System (CSCHS), the Chief Nursing Officer (CNO) is responsible for the operations of the nursing and patient care services including the care management and social services functions within CSCHS. The CNO is responsible for the standards of care, practice and quality governing autonomous nursing practice. In addition, the CNO has authority for recruitment/retention/credentialing, education and oversight of the practice of nursing, care management and medical social services throughout all clinical practice areas including acute care, ambulatory and acute psychiatric services.
Click here for the brochure.COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: The County of Santa Clara, as a condition of employment, requires that all County employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved exemption request. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of vaccination or have an approved exemption request prior to your start date. Filing Period and Application Procedure
Final Filing Date: Continuous until filled. The first review of applications will be on Friday, March 24, 2023. The 2nd review of applications will be on Friday, April 7, 2023.
The recruitment may be extended or closed as early as 10 days after issue date. You are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and to monitor this site for updated closing information.
This recruitment requires the submission of an online application. No paper applications will be accepted. Applicants must apply online at www.sccjobs.org . It is important that the following information be included in your application packet as it will be evaluated during the competitive review process:
2. References contact information (minimum of 3);
3. Cover letter explaining why you are the ideal candidate including specific examples from your experience (maximum of 3 pages);
4. Complete responses to the supplemental questions.
Questions regarding this Executive recruitment may be directed to Quynh Truong, Executive Services at (408) 408.315.9559 or firstname.lastname@example.org STAY UP-TO-DATE ON OUR LATEST EXECUTIVE LEADERSHIP RECRUITMENTS
Subscribe to our Executive Leadership Careers Newsletter!
Click Here Or follow us on: Instagram
Typical Tasks Typical Management Responsibilities
- Direct the daily operations of the acute care nursing services to ensure safe, timely, effective, efficient, equitable and patient-centered care that is well integrated with all clinical disciplines to achieve the Triple Aim.This includes emergency, critical care, perioperative, maternal child health, psychiatric, burn, trauma and rehabilitation care services:
- Direct, administer, coordinate and evaluate all nursing standards and practice, and patient care services across the continuum, including care management/utilization review (UR) and medical social services operations of the CSCHS in accordance with the general mission, vision and goals of the health system;
- Develop and be accountable for the structure, standards and planning for organized nursing and patient care services of CSCHS in compliance with applicable laws, regulations and accreditation standards to ensure evidence-based, professional nursing practice;
- Plan and establish short and long-range goals, objectives, strategic plans, policies, procedures and standards of practice for the care, treatment and services of the department of nursing and patient care services across the Health and Hospital System;
- Identify, develop and implement system changes to enhance patient-family-centered care, as well as staff satisfaction relating to a culture of safety, cost effectiveness and efficiency of CSCHS for the related scope of services;
- Direct and administer the operations of the care management/UR program to ensure operational efficiency and effectiveness, as well as achieving fiscal goals through length of stay and denial management programs in collaboration with medical staff leaders;
- Develop and maintain programs of continuous quality improvement, care management and risk management related to patient care services across the continuum of care with the interdisciplinary team leaders to ensure well coordinated, cost effective care transitions;
- Ensure compliance with applicable local, state and federal regulations, and accreditation standards for nursing and patient care services;
- Determine, plan, approve and ensure budget goals are met, in collaboration with finance leadership and other executive leaders;
- Direct and administer budget through direct reports to ensure adequate staffing plans and resource management to meet patient care needs and in compliance with applicable laws, regulations and accreditation standards;
- Direct the development and administration of programs to ensure retention and recruitment for the professional nursing service to maintain standards of care, in collaboration with respective leaders in Labor Relations and Human Resources;
- Collaborate and coordinate with other members of the Senior Leadership Team to assist with the overall strategic and operational management of County of Santa Clara Health System
- Represent organized nursing in the Health & Hospital Committee of the Board of Supervisors; CSCHS Senior Leadership Team; the Executive Leadership Group; Medical Executive Committee of CSCHS in an ex-officio capacity and ensure integration with other departments through the CSCHS Senior Leadership Team and the CSCHS Executive Leadership Group;
- Develop cooperative relationships with other hospitals, community agencies and professional organizations for exchange of information and services related to interdisciplinary care coordination and patient care services;
- Prepare annual goals and objectives for areas of responsibility, involving subordinates in the process;
- Maintain effective relationships with nursing schools, affiliates and other major teaching affiliates important for community relationships;
- May assume Disaster Service Worker duties, as assigned,and;
- Assume other related responsibilities as assigned.
Must possess an active Registered Nurse License issued by the California Board of Registered Nursing or able to obtain one prior to appointment. A Master's degree is required, preferably in nursing or in health care, hospital/business administration or related field. Increasing experience in nursing administration sufficient to demonstrate possession and application of the knowledge and abilities listed below: Experience Note :
The knowledge and abilities required to perform satisfactorily in this position are normally acquired through attainment of a Master's degree in one of the above areas and approximately 5 to 10 years of increasing experience and responsibility in nursing administration, a significant amount of which occurs in a senior nursing management position, preferably in a teaching hospital.Knowledge of:
- A broad range of nursing and hospital management requirements related to a teaching hospital, including operations, standards for nursing excellence including ANA Magnet Standards, customer experience, infection prevention, performance improvement, finance, personnel relations, medical staff relations and government regulations;
- Working knowledge of current trends in nursing practice, education and research; and care management/UR, social services, quality and patient safety.
- Operate a large, complex patient care service within healthcare facilities for the community in accordance with County Ordinances and Policy;
- Develop and organize nursing services to effectively meet the needs of all the Health and Hospital System's clientele;
- Delegate and coordinate among subordinates a broad span and multiple levels of administrative and managerial responsibilities;
- Maintain good employee relations;
- Maintain effective working relationship with other departments within the Health and Hospital system and representatives of allied groups in coordinating and planning patient care services.
Overview of County of Santa Clara's Executive Leadership Benefits package
Closing Date/Time: Continuous
Please mention you found this employment opportunity on the CareersInGovernment.com job board.