At CSUN we aspire to continually grow as an inclusive, cooperative community!
CSUN strives to be a destination workplace, where everyone understands that they belong to a community that is vital in advancing student success and providing exemplary service to all stakeholders. We foster an environment of success, both for our students and our employees. We have a relentless passion for celebrating diversity, equity, and inclusion as well as being an employer of choice. You will also have the opportunity to realize your own personal goals and be recognized for the work you do and enjoy the unique value the CSUN community can offer. As a leader you will have the opportunity to thrive in a community in which our leaders share common traits as identified in our Leadership Principles https://www.csun.edu/leadership-principles. If this sounds like you, you've come to the right place.
Under the direction of the Senior Associate Athletics Director, the Assistant Athletics Director for Marketing and Fan Engagement executes successful strategies to increase attendance, build dynamic and high energetic gameday atmospheres, and develop and implement comprehensive marketing plans for Matador Athletics teams. The incumbent oversees the comprehensive strategic marketing and promotions for home Athletics events for all sports targeting a variety of diverse audiences, including students, alumni, faculty, staff, and the greater San Fernando Valley community.
• Works closely with university partners to elevate the visibility and reputation of Matador Athletics, including University Advancement, The University Corporation, Associated Students, University Student Union, Housing and Student Life and Leaderships offices.
• Supervises the Director of Marketing and Fan Engagement, marketing department, student assistants, and interns, ensuring mix of marketing, game-day promotions, grass roots, and effective communication.
• Supports Athletics ticket sales and operations including season tickets, single game tickets, group sales and community support.
• Supervises marketing department's community engagement efforts, ensures success in completion of all aspects of marketing game day responsibilities, and assists with events and execution for sport-specific initiatives.
• Manages CSUN Spirit Teams in conjunction with CSUN Sports Clubs, which includes Band, Cheer and Dance.
• As a leader, demonstrates a commitment to student success that is mission aligned with the university’s vision, values and priorities. Establishes an ethical and collegial work environment, promoting a collaborative, accountable and inclusive team. Encourages a courageous and resilient solution-oriented environment by participating in new opportunities to further the mission of the university. Participates in developing initiatives that further support the campus mission with a service-oriented and catalytic mind set. Strengthens employees by being communicative and a talent builder that develops team attributes, furthering departmental goals.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
'NOTE: To view the full position description including all of the required qualifications copy and paste this link into your browser: https://bit.ly/42eGPXG
• Equivalent to graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a Bachelor's degree in a job-related field.
• Equivalent to two (2) years of progressively responsible professional/administrative experience. Experience in marketing, public relations, or related field highly preferred.
• A graduate degree in a related field may be substituted for one (1) year of the required experience. Additional qualifying experience may be substituted for the required education on a year-for-year basis.
• LICENSE: CANDIDATE MUST POSSESS A VALID CALIFORNIA DRIVER’S LICENSE.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Leadership
• Working knowledge of and ability to: apply standard marketing theories, practices, principles and techniques.
• Working knowledge of: copyright and other applicable laws pertaining to publications and the media; sales and marketing strategies typically used within intercollegiate athletics; marketing and research techniques and methods. Ability to apply market research to identify communication needs and target audiences.
• Ability to: coordinate media activities in conjunction with athletics events.
• Ability to demonstrate: a growth mindset when problem solving; a strong work ethic; a sense of integrity and character that will positively represent Athletics as it aspires towards athletic and academic excellence.
• Lead diverse teams to support the operational mission and vision of employers by fostering an ethical, inclusive and collegial work environment.
• Demonstrated ability to support ongoing improvement through courageous, resilient, and catalytic leadership.
• Lead varying initiatives through a collaborative, service-oriented and communicative approach.
• Demonstrated commitment to employee development, recognition, and accountability to further operational goals.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
• Salary is commensurate with knowledge, skills, and experience. The University offers excellent fringe benefits.
• The anticipated HIRING RANGE: $70,000 - $90,000 annually, dependent upon qualifications and experience.
• The individual hired for this role will physically work on-campus in Northridge. This is not a telecommute position.
• This position is a sensitive position as designated by the CSU.
• A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
• The person holding this position may be considered a 'limited reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
• In accordance with the California State University (CSU) Out-of-State Employment Policy, the CSU is a state entity whose business operations reside within the State of California and prohibits hiring employees to perform CSU-related work outside of California.
• Candidates should apply by completing the CSUN on-line application. To submit an application and for more detailed information on the application and hiring process, please visit this link: www.csun.edu/careers
• Applications received through March 31, 2023, will be considered in the initial review and review of applications will continue until position is filled.
• The CSU recommends that faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities at any university location be immunized against SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, and that all individuals who access any in-person program or activity (on- or off-campus) operated or controlled by the University follow COVID-19 vaccine recommendations adopted by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) applicable to their age, medical condition, and other relevant indications and comply with other safety measures established by each campus.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CSUN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, and disability. Our nondiscrimination policy is set forth in CSU Executive Order 1096. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting Recruitment Services at 818-677-2101.
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled
Los Angeles, California