REGISTERED DIETITIAN 3 - Requisition ID: 18164
Recruitment Type: Open Competitive
Posting Close Date: N/A
Geographical Location: Las Vegas, Boulder City, Indian Springs, Jean, Henderson
Department:DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
Division: DHHS - AGING AND DISABILITY SERVICES DIVISION
Business Unit: HR-DESERT REGIONAL CENTER
*Pay Grade: GRADE 35
Salary Range: $52,826.40 - $78,446.16
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full Time
Recruiter: ANA MARIA ORNELLAS
Phone: 775 684-0151
Aging and Disability Services Division (ADSD) is currently recruiting for a full-time Registered Dietitian III position in Las Vegas, Nevada. This recruitment may be used to fill current and future vacancies as they occur in the Desert Regional Center- Intermediate Care Facility (DRC-ICF).
The ICF is a facility that provides support to persons with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities. The ICF as oversight provided by the Center Medicaid Services (CMS) and must comply with Appendix J and Z regulations and is licensed by the Bureau of Health Care Quality and Compliance (HCQC). The dietitian is part of the person'sinterdisciplinary team who will work with the physician who prescribes all modified and special diets including those used as a part of a program to manage inappropriate client behavior. Will respond to requests for food/diet/nutrition related help or information for best possible health while encouraging individual choice, participation independence and satisfaction related to nutritional goals. Visit homes and submit written reports of observations and follow-up regarding food related issues. Document in the medical record, noting services provided, individual concerns, and/or progress toward achieving goals. Participate in review/revision of dietary policies &procedures to assure food safety. Plan and implement annual Food Safety Training for nutrition and diet therapy to all residential home staff in compliance with Bureau of Health Care Quality and Compliance and Title XIX requirements. Provide in-service training to all persons served, families, medical, professional, community home and DRC staff on diet program, such as implementation, documentation, data collection, nutritional intervention, charting, and diet control programs. Provide orientation on Food Safety Training, basic nutrition, diet therapy, sanitation, and the persons served nutrition intervention to all new employees.Incumbents possess a degree of knowledge and proficiency sufficient to perform advanced-level work and may provide work direction and training to others.
ADSD provides an atmosphere of innovative thinking, teamwork, friendly co-workers, and positive work settings. We are also committed to fostering an environment of both inclusiveness and diversity within our workforce. The mission of ADSD is to provide leadership and advocacy in the planning, development, and delivery of high quality, comprehensive support service system across the lifespan to allow all of Nevada’s elders, children and adults with disabilities or special health care needs, to live independent, meaningful, and dignified lives to the greatest extent possible.
To see full Class Specifications visit: http://hr.nv.gov/Resources/ClassSpecs/Class_Specifications-10_0//
- Current registration and licensure by the Commission on Dietetic Registration and three years of professional experience as a Registered Dietitian, two years of which were in a clinic, hospital, or similar health care setting.
Application Evaluation Exam
- The exam will consist of an application and resume evaluation. It is essential that applications/resumes include detailed information with time frames regarding education and experience. The most qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for interview. The hiring agency may require specific skills related testing as part of the interviewing process.
- A Master’s degree from an accredited college or university with major work in nutrition, public health nutrition or dietetics may be substituted for one year of the required work experience.
- Per Nevada Revised Statutes (NRS) 640E, persons appointed to this class must be licensed as a Registered Dietitian in the State of Nevada. A temporary license may be granted, pending dietitian licensing in the State of Nevada, to a person who holds a corresponding license in another jurisdiction.
- A State of Nevada/FBI background check will be required of the selected applicant.
- A pre-employment criminal history check and fingerprinting are required. Persons offered employment in this position will be required to pay for these items.
- A valid drivers license is required at the time of appointment and as a condition of continuing employment.
This recruitment may close at any time based on the number of applications received. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
*The salary range indicated in this announcement is based on the Employee/Employer retirement compensation schedule. An employer-only option is available at a reduced salary range.
The State of Nevada is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action in recruitment of its employees and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or belief, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, domestic partnership, genetic information (GINA), or compensation and/or wages. Nearest Major Market: