ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN 3 - Requisition ID: 18341
Recruitment Type: Open Competitive
Posting Close Date: 6/9/2023
Geographical Location: Winnemucca
Department:DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION
Division: DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION
Business Unit: HR-TRANSPORTATION ADMIN
*Pay Grade: GRADE 30
Salary Range: $41,989.68 - $61,616.88
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full Time
Recruiter: WENDY MICHAEL TIERNEY
Phone: 775 888-3070
Under general supervision incumbents perform one or more of the duties described in the series concept at the journey level, perform technical engineering work by applying a variety of methods and practices in compiling technical data, using computer aided software, operating specialized equipment, and preparing technical engineering documents.
Engineering Technicians perform a broad range of duties involving technical engineering work in support of professional engineers including drafting, engineering calculations, surveying, materials and soils testing, construction inspection, roadway design, right-of-way engineering, planning, permitting and inspection, water rights appropriation and land acquisition in support of civil or related professional engineering work. Work requires the application of technical engineering skills, methods and practices in compiling technical data, drafting, computer aided software, operating specialized equipment and preparing engineering related documents.
This position is located in Winnemucca on Crew 920.This position is a field level construction position which performs required inspections, testing and surveying. Complete field and office work to assure contractor's work is documented per the specifications and quantities for prompt contractor payment.
To see full Class Specifications,visit: http://hr.nv.gov/Resources/ClassSpecs/Class_Specifications-6_0/
- Associate's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in engineering, physics, math or closely related field and one year of experience in a specialized engineering function or program area which involved the application of work procedures, standards and controls; OR graduation from high school or equivalent education and two years of experience as described above; OR one year of experience as an Engineering Technician II in Nevada State service; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience as described above.
Application Evaluation Exam
- The exam will consist of an application and resume evaluation. It is essential that applications/resumes include detailed information with time frames regarding education and experience. The most qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for interview. The hiring agency may require specific skills related testing as part of the interviewing process.
- Pursuant to NRS 284.4066, some positions in this series have been identified as affecting public safety. Persons offered employment in these positions must submit to a pre-employment screening for controlled substances. In addition, federal statute requires random testing for controlled substances during employment.
- This position requires a valid driver's license at the time of appointment and as a condition of continuing employment.
- These positions require an applicant be at least 18 years of age upon application. If selected, proof of being at least 18 years of age will be required.
This recruitment may close at any time based on the number of applications received. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
*The salary range indicated in this announcement is based on the Employee/Employer retirement compensation schedule. An employer-only option is available at a reduced salary range.
The State of Nevada is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action in recruitment of its employees and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or belief, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, domestic partnership, genetic information (GINA), or compensation and/or wages. Nearest Major Market:
Closing Date/Time: 6/9/2023