The 2-week internal posting notice/period is incorporated in this job announcement.
The City of North Las Vegas announces a posting to create an eligibility list and to fill two (2) vacancies for the classification of Fiscal Technician. The current vacancies are in the Police Department.
The eligibility list will be utilized to fill vacancies for this classification, for up to one hundred twenty (120) days.
This recruitment will remain open until filled, and may close without notice at any time after the initial 2-week internal posting period. After this, the posting will remain open until such a time as a sufficient pool of highly qualified applicants has been developed. Once a sufficient pool of applicants has been developed, this recruitment will close without notice. Assessments will occur on an ongoing basis. NOTE TO CURRENT EMPLOYEES
: Pursuant to the Teamsters collective bargaining agreement, non-probationary employees successfully completing the qualification assessment process will be placed on an eligibility list to be used to fill vacancies in this classification for up to one hundred and twenty (120) days.
Part-time/temporary employees and external candidates may apply for this recruitment. Part-time/temporary employees and external candidates who successfully complete the qualification assessment process will be placed on an external list, which may be used to fill vacancies, after the appropriate recruitment section of the collective bargaining agreement has been followed. If the vacancy is not filled through promotion by full-time employees, the next opportunity for placement will be to hire qualified part-time/temporary employees and external candidates. If the vacancies are not filled through promotion by full-time employees, the next opportunity for placement will be to hire qualified part-time/temporary employees and external candidates. Please thoroughly review the information and selection process outlined on this announcement. IMPORTANT INFORMATION
· Submit a complete application
- For your application to be considered, you MUST fully complete an online application, and answer ALL questions. Select “Apply for Job” at the top of this announcement and click “SUBMIT” at the end of your application.
· Shift work required
- This position supports an operation that is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. You must be able to work any shift (days, swings, or graveyard), and any day of the week, to include weekends, and holidays.
· Pay considerations
- The starting pay for this position is $25.29. All new employees hired for this position will start at step 1 of the range, no exceptions. Existing employees will receive increases as outlined by their bargaining agreement.
· Background and Disqualifiers
- Applicants who proceed in the selection process will be required to complete an extensive police background check. Among other items, the following are disqualifying behaviors -
o Any felony conviction.
o Any domestic violence conviction.
o Gross misdemeanor and misdemeanor convictions will be reviewed on a case by case basis.
o Although there have been recent changes to laws regarding the legal possession and consumption of marijuana, the City of North Las Vegas will continue to adhere to its professional standards and guidelines as it relates to recent and continuous use of the drug. Ideal Candidate
Our ideal candidate is a team player that is willing to be flexible as needed. They will be multitaskers who have experience in purchasing and inventory control. They will be dedicated to supporting an operation that is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
The full job description can be found here: Fiscal Technician Job Description MINIMMUM QUALIFICATIONS Education and Experience
• AA Degree or certificate in accounting, business administration or equivalent
• Three (3) years of accounting experience (preferably with a public employer)
• Equivalency : Five years of progressively responsible accounting experience preferably with a public employer may be substituted for the education and experience required above. Licenses and Certifications
• Must possess a valid state driver’s license and maintain satisfactory motor vehicle record with the ability to obtain an appropriate Nevada state driver’s license in the required time frame. SELECTION PROCESS
1. Oral board
(Weight 100%, Passing Score 70%)
*Note: Subsequent vacancies during the life of the list, may require participation in an additional selection interview and that additional selection interview(s) will be weighted at 100% requiring a minimum of 70% in order to be considered for the subsequent position vacancies.
2. Background Investigation Police Department -
Includes an extensive background check, polygraph/CVSA examination,
medical/drug screen exam. All top scoring candidates must pass the Background Investigation in order
to move forward in the process.
3. Selection/Offers BACKGROUND PROCESS & PRE EMPLOYMENT REQUIREMENTS
Candidates for this position are subject to pre-employment screenings and employment is contingent upon these results. Pre-employment screenings may include but are not limited to: local, state, and federal criminal history checks, and may require submission of fingerprints; drug screen; and physical examinations to include a psychological evaluation. SALARY
All selected candidates will start at Step 1 with an hourly rate of $25.29. BENEFITS AND PERKS
For more information on our City’s Benefits, please click the following link: CNLV Benefit Flyer
For questions please contact:
Cheyenne Silva - Talent Acquisition Partner -
This class specification may not be interpreted as all-inclusive. It is intended to identify the major responsibilities and requirements of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related responsibilities and tasks other than those stated in this description. Any essential function or requirement of this class will be evaluated as necessary should an incumbent/applicant be unable to perform the function or requirement due to a disability as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Reasonable accommodations for the specific disability will be made for the incumbent/applicant as possible.
NV PERS Official Policy 11.6
- People Group: Teamster Non Supervisor
- Grade: TNE-15
- Minimum Salary: 25.29
- Maximum Salary: 37.93
- Pay Basis: HOURLY