Position Description APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE ONLY APPLY IMMEDIATELY AS THIS RECRUITMENT MAY CLOSE AT ANY TIME
The Fresno County Department of Social Services
is offering rewarding and challenging career opportunities for individuals interested in becoming a Social Work Practitioner
. Incumbents at the Social Work Practitioner level utilize professional social work practices and techniques in order to successfully manage the most complex social work cases and possess advanced knowledge of laws, policies, procedures, rules and regulations to serve as a program/casework consultant. Additionally, incumbents may assign, review, and coordinate the work of staff to include graduate and undergraduate student interns.Social Work Practitioners may be required to work shifts as assigned, including nights, weekends and holidays. As a condition of employment, candidates are required to undergo and pass a background investigation. These investigations include employment/credit histories, verification of education, arrest/criminal records, drug/alcohol use, and personal conduct. This list is neither inclusive not exclusive; other relevant areas may be investigated and verified.
Please note : The eligible list established from this recruitment may be used to fill both extra-help and permanently allocated positions. Individuals selected for extra-help appointment may be transitioned to a permanently allocated position at a later date as authorized by the Fresno County Personnel Rules.
Positions in this classification are in Medical Group I - Light Physical Activity (Personnel Rule 8). This group includes positions which require only light physical effort and may include lifting of small, light objects and some bending, stooping, squatting, twisting, and reaching. Considerable walking or standing may be involved.
Eligible candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Samples of Duties Please click here to review the Samples of Duties
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Please click here to review the Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Minimum Qualifications Applicants must qualify under one (1) of the options listed below: OPTION 1 :
Education : Possession of a master's degree in Social Work that is acceptable within the United States' accredited college or university system, which included at least one year of internship. OPTION 2 :
Education : Possession of a master's degree in Counseling, Psychology or a closely related social/behavioral science field that is acceptable within the United States' accredited college or university system.
Experience : Two (2) years of full-time, paid work experience equivalent to that gained as a Social Worker with the County of Fresno.In addition to the options listed above, the following is also required:
License : Possession of a valid Class "C" driver's license, or equivalent.
Note : Incumbents may be required to obtain and maintain Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and Department of Justice (DOJ) clearance as a condition of employment. TO PREVENT THE DISQUALIFICATION OF YOUR APPLICATION, PLEASE NOTE :
SELECTION PROCESS :
- Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications and filing requirements for this position by the filing deadline.
- A completed Fresno County employment application is required (must be current, complete, and accurate; amendments will not be allowed after the filing deadline).
- Resumes and attachments are not accepted in lieu of a completed employment application.
- Valid driver's license number must be listed on your application. Failure to provide this information will result in the disqualification of your application.
- Please fully list your education/work experience, including current position. Failure to list current, complete, and accurate education/work experience within the job application (including employment with the County of Fresno) will result in the disqualification of your application.
- In the Education section of your application, please provide complete information for each school attended. Please provide the school's name, school's location, the type and number of units earned (semester or quarter), type of degree earned (bachelor's degree, master's degree, etc.) and which major or program was completed. Failure to completely list education within the job application will disqualify the applicant from consideration.
- If you have completed education in a foreign college or university and are using this education to meet the minimum qualifications, you must provide documentation that the foreign education is comparable to that received within the United States' accredited college or university system or your application will not be accepted. Documentation must be provided by the closing date and time of this recruitment. You may either attach a copy to your online employment application, fax a copy to (559) 455-4788, Attn: Jared Tajima, or email it to HREmploymentServices@fresnocountyca.gov . Late submission of documentation will not be accepted.
- College/University transcripts may be requested to verify completion of qualifying degree.
Depending upon the number of applicants meeting the minimum qualifications and filing requirements, applicants may be scheduled for one of the processes listed below:
- Certify Without Examination - In instances where the number of eligible candidates is less than or equal to the number of qualified applicants the Department is entitled to receive under Personnel Rule 4212, the competitive examination process will be waived and the names will be certified without an examination.
- Oral Examination - An oral examination includes a panel consisting of at least two members within a similar field of expertise as the vacancy. Candidates are asked structured questions and must respond orally to allow the panel to evaluate the specific qualifications of each applicant.
- If required, the oral examination will be administered in an online format via the Spark Hire platform.
Successful candidates will be placed on an employment list, effective for a minimum of 3 months (may be extended up to an additional 12 months), and certified in final rank order as vacancies occur. REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS :
- Fresno County Employment Application (must be current, complete, and accurate; amendments will not be allowed after the filing deadline)
- Supplemental Questionnaire
Note : All required application materials must be submitted online only
via our website by the closing date and time of this recruitment. Applications submitted via U.S. mail, in person, email or fax will not be accepted. Resumes and attachments are not accepted in lieu of a completed application. HOW TO APPLY :
Applications for this recruitment must be submitted online only
. An online application may be found at: https://www.fresnocountyjobs.com
Open Job Information Flyer and click "Apply" to begin the online application process. Failure to complete the job application or failure to follow the application instructions (such as the formatting of education or work experience) will result in the disqualification of the applicant. Amendments will not be accepted after the filing deadline.
Once the filing deadline has passed, you may check the status of this recruitment at any time by logging on to: https://www.governmentjobs.com/Applications/Index/fresnoca
Please be advised that it is the applicant's responsibility to notify Human Resources of any mailing address and telephone number changes. Notices sent via U.S. mail from Human Resources are not forwarded ("Return Service" is requested, therefore mail will not be sent to a forwarding address).
For the safety of our employees, the County of Fresno complies with all Federal, State and Local Orders related to COVID-19, including Cal OSHA Emergency Temporary Standards.
The County of Fresno is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of Fresno County to provide employment opportunity for all qualified persons. All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, ancestry, medical condition, genetic information, or denial of medical and family care leave, or any other non-job-related factor.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS - The County of Fresno is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Fair Employment and Housing Act (FEHA). Qualified individuals with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation during the application, examination or selection process may contact Human Resources at (559) 600-1830 at least five days prior to the scheduled date or deadline. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Analyst: Jared Tajima
Closing Date/Time: Continuous