This position will supervise traffic signal technicians daily. The Traffic Signal Supervisor will supervise and organize traffic signal installation and maintenance and bench testing of required traffic signal electronic equipment. This position will be responsible for daily traffic signal record keeping, as well.FLSA Status Nonexempt This is a continuous recruitment and may close at any time.
Examples of Duties
- Oversees and manages Traffic Signal Technicians;
- Monitor personnel performance and workloads of Traffic Signal Technicians;
- Assigning and delegating tasks to Traffic Signal Technicians;
- Oversees installation, maintenance and operations of traffic signal devices;
- Review and approval of vacation and/or sick leave requests of Traffic Signal Technicians;
- Complete performance evaluations of Traffic Signal Technicians;
- Investigate traffic signal related complaints and concerns;
- Perform field reviews as required;
- Identify traffic signal safety and/or operational issues in the field and discussing matters with supervisor;
- Coordinate with contractors, NCDOT, Greenville Utilities, etc.;
- Responsible for daily traffic signal maintenance and record keeping;
- Assists in maintaining asset management programs for traffic signals;
- Assists in researching new technologies, materials, and equipment;
- Responsible for traffic signal related work orders, requisitions, quotes, and invoices;
- Request training opportunities for Traffic Signal Technicians;
- Interact with internal and external customers by attending meetings as required;
- Assists in managing contractor invoicing and schedules;
- Assists in preparation of quarterly NCDOT Schedule C & D maintenance invoices;
- Assists City Traffic Engineer with design and implementation of electronic traffic safety devices;
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Associates degree or higher in electrical engineering, electronics or closely related field of study, and
- Five (5) or more years of experience in traffic signal work, an electrical trade or a closely related field.
- Must posses a valid CDL driver's license, Class B;
- IMSA Level II Traffic Signal Tech certifed.
The City of Greenville offers a comprehensive benefits package to all regular full-time employees including vacation, holiday, and sick leave as well as medical, dental, vision, life and short-term disability insurance. Employees in designated part-time positions may participate in some of the benefit programs offered to regular full-time employees.
Visit the City of Greenville Human Resources Website for a more in depth summary of our benefits.