Introduction This is a reinstatement, transfer or voluntary demotion opportunity for current and former regularly appointed employees of Alameda County. Reinstatement:
Pursuant to Civil Service Rule 1744: On the request of a department head and approval of the Commission, a regularly appointed employee who resigned in good standing may, within three years after the effective date of his/her resignation, be reinstated in a position in the class from which he/she resigned or in a position in another class for which he/she may be eligible as determined by the Commission. Appointments by reinstatement following resignation are subject to the probationary period established for the class. You must have been a classified County employee in the same job code or in a job code at the same salary maximum and left the County in good standing. In addition, you must meet the minimum and special qualifications of the specific position. Transfer:
You must be a current County classified employee in the same job code or in a job code with the same salary maximum for which you are applying. In addition, you must meet the minimum and special qualifications of the specific position. Voluntary Demotion:
You must be a current County classified employee in a job code which is at a higher salary maximum than the vacancy for which you are applying. In addition, you must meet the minimum and special qualifications of the specific position.
The Alameda County Probation Department is an essential element of the County's system of public protection and human services. The Department's role is to reduce the impact of crime in the community by providing accurate, comprehensive and timely information and recommendations to the Courts, providing community-based sanctions and treatment for offenders, and working cooperatively with law enforcement agencies and community organizations with similar objectives. The Department provides a wide range of mandated and discretionary investigative, advisory, and supervisory services to adult and juvenile probationers pursuant to State law and the County Charter. THE POSITION:
Under general direction, to analyze department business system needs, and produce, maintain and update software systems to meet those needs. Information Systems Analysts are responsible for gathering requirements, defining problems and recommending solutions, writing program and database design specifications, modifying existing systems and providing production support for users and their systems. Information Systems Analysts may also prepare instructional material for department staff, act as project manager on projects; and performs related duties as required. DISTINGUISHING FEATURES:
This is the fully functioning Systems Analyst classification in the Information Systems class series. Incumbents are competent to work independently in designing, developing, testing, implementing, and maintaining software systems and programs. Activities include analyzing information business requirements, recommending technology solutions, preparing automated system specifications, designing logic flow diagrams, screens, file structures, reports, forms and menus, performing quality assurance testing, and developing system documentation. Information Systems Analysts may supervise journey-level, technical or clerical staff.
Information Systems Analyst differs from the Information Systems Specialist - Technical Support Analyst series in that incumbents specialize in, and spend a majority of their time working on, business applications systems analysis, design, and coding, with emphasis on more complex design and development activities; whereas Information Systems Specialists and Technical Support Analysts perform more general system support activities, which may include less complex systems and programming duties requiring less than 50% of their time.
Information Systems Analyst is further distinguished from the next higher-level class of Information Systems Manager in that the latter is responsible for all of the data processing activities of a smaller department or for a major data processing section in a larger department.
The equivalent to graduation from an accredited four-year college or university (120 semester units or 180 quarter units) with a major in MIS, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent.
The equivalent of two years of full-time experience in planning, developing and administering complex information technology systems and applications.
The equivalent of three years of full time experience in planning, developing and administering multiple, complex information technology systems and applications.
Professional Certification as a Microsoft Certified Solution Developer, Sun Certified Java Programmer, Sun Certified Java Developer or equivalent can be substituted for one year of experience.
NOTE: The Civil Service Commission may modify the above Minimum Qualifications in the announcement of an examination.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
NOTE: The level and scope of the following knowledge and abilities are related to duties listed under the "Examples of Duties" section of this specification.
• Modern computer technology used to plan, develop and administer computers and network systems.
• Information technology concepts.
• Methodologies for analyzing systems, procedures and workflow.
• Office software applications.
• Functions and capabilities of database systems.
• World Wide Web technology.
• Principles of network infrastructure.
• Function as a system(s) administrator.
• Maintain and modify existing office software applications.
• Analyze and problem solve.
• Make effective decisions.
• Plan and organize.
• Identify and correct problems with computers and related equipment.
• Analyze problems related to database design, system interactions and cross platform issues.
• Prepare and maintain documentation, records and logs.
• Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Interface with users at all levels of the organization.
Alameda County offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that affords wide-ranging health care options to meet the different needs of a diverse workforce and their families. We also sponsor many different employee discount, fitness and health screening programs focused on overall well being. These benefits include but are not limited to*: For your Health & Well-Being
For your Financial Future
- Medical - HMO & PPO Plans
- Dental - HMO & PPO Plans
- Vision or Vision Reimbursement
- Share the Savings
- Basic Life Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance (with optional dependent coverage for eligible employees)
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- County Allowance Credit
- Flexible Spending Accounts - Health FSA, Dependent Care and Adoption Assistance
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits - Accident Insurance, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity and Legal Services
- Employee Assistance Program
For your Work/Life Balance
- Retirement Plan - (Defined Benefit Pension Plan)
- Deferred Compensation Plan (457 Plan or Roth Plan)
- 12 paid holidays
- Floating Holidays
- Vacation and sick leave accrual
- Vacation purchase program
- Management Paid Leave**
- Catastrophic Sick Leave
- Group Auto/Home Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits Program
- Guaranteed Ride Home
- Employee Wellness Program (e.g. At Work Fitness, Incentive Based Programs, Gym Membership Discounts)
- Employee Discount Program (e.g. theme parks, cell phone, etc.)
- Child Care Resources
- 1 st United Services Credit Union
*Eligibility is determined by Alameda County and offerings may vary by collective bargaining agreement. This provides a brief summary of the benefits offered and can be subject to change.
** Non-exempt management employees are entitled to up to three days of management paid leave. Exempt management employees are entitled to up to seven days of management paid leave.
Conclusion TO APPLY:
Please contact Lauren Allison at (510) 268-7980 or firstname.lastname@example.org
You are encouraged to apply immediately as this posting is open until filled and may close at anytime. Alameda County is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Closing Date/Time: Continuous