The City of Greenville's Information Technology Department is seeking a motivated and knowledgeable intern to join their team and gain valuable hands-on work experience. This is a part-time position for 20 hours per week and an opportunity to expand classroom knowledge while growing in the IT discipline.This is a continuous position and may close at any time
Examples of Duties
- Imaging desktops and laptops using SCCM
- Configuring desktops and laptops
- Support for MS Office and Windows 10
- Configuring Avaya/Nortel Phones
- Troubleshooting physical layer
- Batch scripting
- VB scripting
- Installing and configuring of hardware and software
- Configuring of cell phones (iPhone, Android)
- Setting up network printers
- Assisting users with password resets
- Answering help desk phone calls and emails requesting assistance
Minimum Qualifications Education:
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Candidates must be currently enrolled in an accredited Associates' or Bachelors' program with a concentration in Information Technology or a related field.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 2016 and 2019
- Able to lift up to 20 pounds occasionally, without accommodations.
This is an hourly part-time position and expected to work approximately 20 hours per week with a flexible schedule. Applicant must be available to work between the hours of 7:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m., Monday - Friday. If selected, applicants must show proof of student status and course of study.
Regular part-time, temporary, and seasonal employees are not eligible for benefits.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous