Contra Costa County Auditor Controller's Department is recruiting to fill two (2) vacant Systems Accountant I positions located in Martinez, CA.Why Join Contra Costa County's Auditor-Controller's Office?
The Systems Accountant I reports directly to the Assistant Auditor-Controller and will assist in the design, development, implementation, and documentation of the new and existing automation tools used by the Auditor-Controller's department. Systems Accountants are responsible for evaluating software requirements, system setup, configuration and management, resolving technical problems and issues, creating ad-hoc queries, generating reports, and providing technical assistance and training to the Accounting staff.
This is an exciting time to join the department! The Auditor-Controller's Office just launched Workday countywide. We are looking for some additional staff to assist with the ongoing support needed for this system. We are looking for someone who is:
What you will typically be responsible for:
- Knowledgeable of generally accepted principles, and has prior experience performing functions related to financial system analysis, support, and implementation
- Able to troubleshoot technical issues and implement strategies to address problem areas
- Knowledgeable of principles and practices of information systems administration and report development
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment with direction given from multiple sources, with shifting priorities
A few reasons you might love this job:
- Assisting internal staff with Excel, Word, or other business applications
- Assisting County Departments with Workday reports.
- Assisting County Departments with Workday job aide reviews.
- Assisting County Departments with Workday help desk tickets.
- Troubleshooting workflow processes that flow through multiple systems.
A few challenges you might face in this job:
- You will be helping others perform and improve their work.
- There may be changing and challenging assignments.
- There are nearby regional shorelines and hiking areas.
- You will need to implement Workday replacement processes to legacy system processes.
- You will need to harmonize department needs and desires with operational limitations.
- You may need to balance multiple high-priority assignments at the same time.
- Delivering Results: Meeting organizational goals and customer expectations and making decisions that produce high-quality results by applying technical knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks.
- Fact Finding: Obtaining facts and data pertaining to an issue or question.
- Reading Comprehension: Understanding and using written information.
- Using Technology: Working with electronic hardware and software applications.
- Attention to Detail: Focusing on the details of work content, work steps, and final work products.
- Building & Maintaining Relationships: Establishing rapport and maintaining mutually productive relationships.
- Professional Integrity & Ethics: Displaying honesty, adherence to principles, and personal accountability.
- Self-Management: Showing personal organization, self-discipline, and dependability.
- Informing: Proactively obtaining and sharing information.
- Listening: Fully comprehending spoken communication.
- Oral Communication: Engaging effectively in dialogue.
- Writing: Communicating effectively in writing.
- Customer Focus: Attending to the needs and expectations of customers.
- Teamwork: Collaborating with others to achieve shared goals.
- Valuing Diversity: Appreciating the benefits of varied backgrounds and cultures in the workplace.
Read the complete job description at www.cccounty.us/hr . The eligible list established from this recruitment may remain in effect for six months.
Minimum Qualifications Education:
Possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in business administration, finance, accounting, information systems or a closely related field. Experience:
Two (2) years of full-time or its equivalent experience performing varied computerized accounting systems duties such as, researching and resolving software and data problems, training end users, creating documentation, analyzing manual and automated financial work processes, systems and procedures, and implementing new computer applications.
Selection Process Application Filing and Evaluation:
Applicants will be required to complete a supplemental questionnaire at the time of application, applications will be evaluated to determine which candidates will move forward in the next phase of the recruitment process. Online Assessment:
An online, multiple-choice assessment will be administered to all accepted candidates. This Assessment will measure competencies, including but not limited to: Professional & Technical Expertise, Analyzing & Interpreting Data, Mathematical Facility, Attention to Detail, Reading Comprehension, and Self-Management. Final Selection Interviews:
Tentatively scheduled for the week of 6/23/2023 Tentative Dates: Online Multiple-Choice Assessment: 6/15/2023
Meeting the minimum qualifications does not guarantee an invitation to participate in the selection process.
The Human Resources Department may change the examination steps noted above in accordance with the Personnel Management Regulations and accepted selection practices.
For recruitment-specific questions, please contact Alex Johnson at Alex.Johnson@hrd.cccounty.us. For any technical issues, please contact the GovernmentJobs’ applicant support team for assistance at +1 855-524-5627. COVID-19 VACCINE REQUIREMENTS
Please note that as of August 24, 2021, Contra Costa County enacted a mandatory COVID-19 vaccine requirement for employees. Proof of full vaccination will be required of all employees, including new hires. The policy requirements can be found here: https://www.contracosta.ca.gov/DocumentCenter/View/72164/2021824-Mandatory-Vaccination-Policy-PDF?bidId= CONVICTION HISTORY
After you receive a conditional job offer, you will be fingerprinted, and your fingerprints will be sent to the California Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). The resulting report of your conviction history (if any) will be used to determine whether the nature of your conviction conflicts with the specific duties and responsibilities of the job for which you have received a conditional job offer. If a conflict exists, you will be asked to present any evidence of rehabilitation that may mitigate the conflict, except when federal or state regulations bar employment in specific circumstances. Having a conviction history does not automatically preclude you from a job with Contra Costa County. If you accept a conditional job offer, the Human Resources department will contact you to schedule a fingerprinting appointment.DISASTER SERVICE WORKER
All Contra Costa County employees are designated Disaster Service Workers through state and local law. Employment with the County requires the affirmation of a loyalty oath to this effect. Employees are required to complete all Disaster Service Worker-related training as assigned, and to return to work as ordered in the event of an emergency.EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
It is the policy of Contra Costa County to consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, ancestry, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, or other protected category under the law.
To find more information on Benefits offered by Contra Costa County, please go to https://www.contracosta.ca.gov/1343/Employee-Benefits
Closing Date/Time: 6/5/2023 11:59 PM Pacific