Grade 18 - Starting hourly rate: $34.00. Rate of pay depends on qualifications.Hiring/Retention Incentive
External candidates who are hired by SAWS will receive a $1,000 Hiring Incentive
. This incentive will be split into two payments of $500. The two payments will be made to the new hire on their second and fourth paycheck after they are hired. Upon successful completion of the new hire’s six-month introductory period, the new hire will also be eligible for an additional $1,000 Retention Incentive
, which will be paid during their seventh month of employment with SAWS.
Job Description JOB SUMMARY
The Master Electrician is responsible for diagnosing, installing, maintaining, testing, of high and low voltage electrical equipment and movement and changes of hard wired and wireless telecommunications systems. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Designs, diagnoses and installs new electrical systems, tests and repairs a wide variety of electrical circuits, motors, generators, fan, and other equipment.
- Prepares electrical schematic diagrams and documents modifications for the purpose of upgrading the performance of electrical equipment and facilities.
- Applies principles and practices of NEC, NFPA, OSHA, NLSC, City of San Antonio Electric Code Chapter 10, electrical tables, electrical codes, work methods, tools, operation of high voltage, and emergency equipment.
- Estimates electrical projects to include material and cost and recommends repair or replacement of equipment.
- Performs electrical work as relates to air conditioning, refrigerant systems, chillers, boilers, pumps, fans, blowers, lights, variable frequency drives, motor controls and motors.
- Performs preventive and predictive maintenance and determines and maintains tools, parts, equipment, and material requirements an inventory for assigned projects.
- Applies safety standards relating to occupational hazards connected with electricity.
- Forecasts, allocates and monitors the human and physical resources for assigned projects.
- Reads and interprets blueprints, schematics, plans and manufactures specifications.
- Operates man lifts, bucket truck, and associated electrical maintenance equipment.
- Trains, mentors and provides guidance to other electricians by assigning and checking work.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships and public relations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Receives limited supervision.
- Recommends discipline, trains and checks work.
- May be required to act as team leader.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- State of Texas Master Electrician License.
- Eight years’ experience as electrician in commercial or industrial electrical work.
- Valid Texas Class “C” Texas Driver’s License.
- Confined Space, First Responder, Use of PPE, Climbing Gear, Lock Out, Tag Out, Fit Testing, retrieval system certifications, and others as required.
- Able to operate truck mounted 3-ton crane, forklift, scissor jack, trencher, bucket truck, and mini backhoe.
- Able to use word processing, spreadsheet software and computerized maintenance management software.
- Normal visual color discrimination.
- Perform position specific physical testing.
- Ability to report to work on time, maintain a good attendance record, and work all designated work schedules.
- PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Class “C” Texas Groundwater Operator License•
- Class II Texas Wastewater Collection System License.
- Class “C” Texas Wastewater Operator License.
- Completed certification in a trade recognized electrical trades or electrical apprenticeship program (i.e.: St. Philips Electrical Trades, NJATC, IEC, etc.)
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Contact with internal and external customers, contractors, consultants and governmental agencies.
- Communicates effectively, verbally and in writing.
Physical requirements include lifting and dragging 50 pounds occasionally. Subject to standing, sitting, climbing, bending, kneeling, and working in cramped and strained positions for long periods of time to perform job scope. Also subject to climbing up to 200 feet in height. Requires visual acuity.
Working Conditions are primarily outside with frequent exposure to inclement weather, wastewater, mechanical and electrical and confined space hazards with offensive fumes, excessive noise, heavy traffic, deep excavations and animals, snakes, and poisonous insects. May be required to comply with requirements as specified in applicable regulations for personal protective equipment, including clearance for use of respiratory protection and other associated equipment. Also operates a company vehicle on a daily basis.
Will be required to work hours other than regular schedule such as short notice/unscheduled overtime, nights, weekends, holiday, on-call and rotating shifts.
San Antonio Water System values the contributions of all its employees, providing them the best in compensation and benefits. The benefits package is designed to attract and retain a workforce of qualified employees who share a responsibility in providing quality water to 1 million consumers.
From an affordable medical and dental plan to life-sustaining retirement and insurance plans, we offer benefits that reward employees for their commitment to a challenging career at SAWS. Employee benefits include the following:
- Competitive, market-based salaries
- Performance-based incentives
- Medical benefits
- Dental benefits
- Life insurance
- Prescription drug program
- Vision care plan
- Two retirement plans
- Deferred compensation plans (457 plan)
- Disability income
- Paid leave (vacation, sick, personal)
- Education assistance program
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible, tax-deferred health and dependent care spending accounts
- Wellness programs
- On-Site Fitness Facilities
- Community service opportunities
Closing Date/Time: 12/31/2023 11:59 PM Central