Part Time (up to 19 hours)
Hiring Rate: $10.50 hourly
The City of Olathe is currently seeking energetic individuals to provide exceptional customer service to members on theOlathe Community Centerfitness floor. This position is responsible for the cleanliness of the fitness floor. Must also be aware of all safety issues relating to patron use of equipment while maintaining a positive and healthy environment for members.
Free Community Center membership is awarded with this position.
Weekday Evening and Weekend availability is a must.
For more details, review the full job details and requirements below.
- Provide exceptional customer service; demonstrating a positive attitude, display professionalism, courtesy and assist customers and other employees.
- Provide fitness floor monitoring while intermingling and providing assistance to members.
- Understand and know how to use equipment, answer members' questions, show members how to use equipment.
- Teach equipment orientation classes for groups and individuals as assigned.
- Re-rack all weights, bars, and attachments to maintain a neat, organized workout area.
- Clean fitness floor and equipment per established standards and maintain all areas in a neat and organized manner.
- Report any safety hazards or faulty equipment immediately; take equipment out of order if necessary.
- Prevent emergencies by educating users on proper lifting techniques and prohibiting unsafe techniques.
- Assist in facility and equipment inspections.
- Compiling simple written records, cleaning logs and maintenance reports as assigned.
- Follow and enforce applicable safety rules and regulations related to the use of the facilities.
- Sweeping and/or mopping floors and empty trash cans when necessary.
- Work cooperatively with the all Center staff.
- Pass out brochures, flyers and program information to patrons upon request.
- Learn, follow, and enforce all Center rules, policies and procedures. Follow departmental dress code policy
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Experience & Qualification Guidelines: Any combination of experience and education that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities is acceptable. A typical way to obtain the knowledge, skills and abilities would be:
Experience:Ability to handle conflict and the ability to work independently with little no supervision.
Ability to demonstrate knowledge of weight training equipment and techniques.
Education:Must be a high school or college student at least 18 years ofage.
License & Certification(s): First Aid/CPR or ability to obtain within 30 days.