The Job Filing Deadline:
Applications will be accepted until filled Apply by 5:00 PM on Friday, December 15, 2023 for priority consideration
The County offers a competitive salary up to $183,955 annually commensurate with experience -PLUS- a generous benefit package w hich may include:
County pension, 401(k), paid vacation, sick, holiday and administrative leave, employee and dependent health coverage, a nnual v ehicle and mobile device allowance, and much more.
As an alternative to the traditional benefits package, you may also be eligible to elect the Modified Benefit Option (MBO) that provides an increased base rate of pay (4% above the base rate of pay) with modified benefits. Estimated total annual compensation and deferred cash values based on maximum amounts with the Modified Benefit Option (MBO) may be up to $253,546.19. Click HERE to view our interactive digital brochure for additional details regarding the position, salary, and benefits.
3% Annual Across the Board Salary Increases on February 2024 and 2025**
The Executive Director
for the San Bernardino County In-Home Supportive Services Public Authority (IHSS PA)
serves as a resource, administrator, coordinator, and advisor to the Governing Board of the Public Authority, comprised of the County Board of Supervisors, with the goal of providing successful outcomes to the providers and consumers of the In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS) program.
The essential functions of the Executive Director are to:
- Direct and coordinate the fiscal and analytical operations for IHSS PA, which may include functions of budgeting, fiscal control, accounting, purchasing, personnel, grand preparation and analysis, contract administration, capital improvements, and data processing.
- Establish and implement organizational policies and procedures for IHSS PA operations; monitor effectiveness of policies and procedures, and make revisions or recommendations as necessary.
- Coordinate all audits related to the IHSS PA or program operation and services; explain procedures to auditors and serve as reference for questions.
- Direct preparation of and review grant proposals for various programs and projects of the IHSS PA; interface with governmental agencies' personnel regarding requirements for obtaining funds and monitoring procedures; present proposals to various boards and commissions in order to gain approval for programs and projects.
- Review, analyze, and ensure compliance with proposed and existing legislation, including local, state, and federal regulations.
- Coordinate IHSS service delivery with the Department of Aging and Adult Services; act as liaison to the County Administrator and County departments to explain the PA and its potential impact on their departments/operations.
- Oversee labor organization/representation activities, including wage and benefit negotiations; establish and maintain a registry of IHSS providers; and coordinate the development of consumer and provider training.
- Manage and direct personnel actions; interview, hire, assign, train and evaluate subordinate supervisors and other personnel; define and resolve complex work problems; establish work standards and operational objectives in assigned area of responsibility.
This is a contract position and serves at the pleasure of the appointing authority and the County's Assistant Executive Officer for Human Services.
2023 National Association of Counties ( NACo ) Achievement Awards
Implementation of the In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS) Onboarding Program
Live Scan Collaboration for IHSS Providers THE DEPARTMENT
The Public Authority is a governmental entity established by state law to work in conjunction with San Bernardino County's In-Home Supportive Services Program. The IHSS Program helps eligible low-income seniors and persons with disabilities to remain independent by funding home care providers. The PA brings together IHSS consumers and workers in partnership to foster the development of high-quality personal assistance services. Its governing body serves as a meeting ground for consumers, workers, and representatives of city government.CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT Travel:
Must be able to travel occasionally to different locations throughout the County. At the time of hire, a valid California Class C driver license and proof of automobile liability insurance must be produced and maintained for the individual providing the transportation.Pre-Employment Process:
Prior to appointment,
applicants must successfully pass a background check, including fingerprinting, verification of employment history and education, and physical exam/drug test.
**Salary increases contingent upon Property Related Revenue and/or statewide Proposition 172 Sales Tax Collections performance. Minimum Requirements Education
: A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Business Administration, Public Administration, Human Services or a closely related field. -AND- Experience
: Five (5) years of progressively responsible management experience in a social services agency. Experience should include responsibility for the development and implementation of policies and procedures, personnel management, and budget and fiscal administration.
Candidates with an equivalent combination of education and qualifying experience may be considered.Desired Qualifications
The ideal candidate will be a progressive, results-oriented leader, and a strategic planner with a demonstrated record of achievement in the administration of social services. This candidate must have the ability to effectively problem-solve, establish and maintain cooperative working relationships, provide excellent customer service, and communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Additionally, the ideal candidate will be financially savvy and possess the flexibility to adapt to and lead through change, as well as embrace and implement new ideas.Selection Process PRIORITY APPLICATION REVIEW DATE : Applications received by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, December 15, 2023 will receive priority consideration.
The most highly qualified may be invited to participate in the remainder of the selection process, which may include selection interviews with key stakeholders and the hiring authority.
To receive consideration for this excellent opportunity, please submit a compelling cover letter, resume, and three professional refences.
An electronic version of all submittals must be sent to: ExecRecruit@hr.sbcounty.gov , -or- complete the online application and upload the required documents: www.sbcounty.gov/jobs .
Applications will be accepted and processed continuously, until a sufficient number of qualified applications have been received. Apply as soon as possible to ensure consideration for this position, as the recruitment may close at any time. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of the application and/or supplemental questionnaires.
Once your application has been successfully submitted online, you will receive an onscreen confirmation and an email. We recommend that you save and/or print these for your records. Please note, if you do not receive an onscreen confirmation and an email acknowledging our receipt of your application we have not received your application.
If you require technical assistance
, please click HERE to review the Government Jobs online application guide , or contact their Toll-Free Applicant Support line at (855) 524-5627. Please note that Human Resources is not responsible for any issues or delays caused by the internet connection, computer or browser used to submit the application. EEO/ADA:
San Bernardino County is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) compliant employer, committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants. ADA Accommodation:
If you have a disability and require accommodations in the testing process, submit the Special Testing Accommodations Request Form within one week of a recruitment filing deadline.Veterans' Preference:
Eligible veterans and their spouse or widow(er) who are not current County employees may be awarded additional Veterans' Preference points. Click here for information and instructions to request Veteran's Preference points. Please click HERE for important Applicant Information and the County Employment Process