Definition and Class Characteristics
The Public Health Department promotes the health of the entire community through varied programs ranging from control of communicable diseases and coordination of the response to health emergencies to individual case management to primary prevention of disease and wellness promotion. Come join our dynamic, professional team committed to keeping Nevada County's residents safe and healthy!
The Clinic Practitioner will help Public Health fill a newly identified need in Eastern County by co-facilitating COVID-19 Support Groups twice per month. During the groups, the Clinic Practitioner will be available to answer medical questions that come up such as common medical issues for those experiencing long COVID and provide resources about where group participants can go for further assessment and treatment.
This classification combines the professions of Nurse Practitioner and Physician Assistant. Medical direction is received from a licensed physician, and administrative direction from a program manager and director.The ideal candidate will:
- Hold a Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited college or university in nursing or related field. Post-graduate coursework sufficient to meet licensure. One year of clinical experience in the desired specialty area.
- Bring value to a strong, engaged team whose mission is to prevent disease, promote and support optimal health and wellness, and protect the community against disasters.
- Be committed to and participate in the department’s ongoing work towards diversity, inclusion, and equity.
- Possess excellent verbal communication skills and the ability to adapt their communication style to meet the needs of both internal and external customers.
- Have prior knowledge of care and treatment for those diagnosed with COVID-19.
- Be able to empathize with challenges group participants discuss and connect them with available resources.
The ability to speak Spanish would be an asset but is not required for this position.
This position is temporary, part-time. A temporary, part-time employee works on average 20 hours but not more than 29 hours per week, for a maximum of 1000 hours per fiscal year. Temporary employees earn sick leave, but are not eligible for other vacation or holiday pay, and are not eligible for medical, dental, or vision benefits, or CalPERS.
Why Nevada County? Our leadership values employee development and engagement, promotes open and transparent communication, sets us up to be a high-performing organization, and recognizes our contributions. Our leadership connects with the community, listens to them, and provides important programming to keep us safe and healthy.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided with reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Read the full job description here .
This summary of benefits is not a binding document and is provided as a courtesy. Refer to specific summaries and agreements (MOUs) for specific benefit information. Sick Leave:
Temporary County employees shall accrue at the rate of one (1) hour of sick leave for each thirty (30) hours worked. Temporary County employees can accrue a maximum of 48 hours of sick leave per fiscal year.Medical Benefits:
Temporary employees whose assignments average 30 hours per week or more are eligible to enroll in County-sponsored medical benefits.NEVADA COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYERAny information on this page or links is subject to change without notice. Nevada County Human Resources Department
950 Maidu Avenue, Nevada City, CA 95959 (530) 265-7010
Comments, please email:firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date/Time: Continuous