Job Summary THIS POSITION WILL BE SUBJECT TO A 4.9% COST OF LIVING INCREASE EFFECTIVE JANUARY 2024
TITLE: Assistant OR Associate EngineerSRN A41
: $7,896-$10,874, Monthly, ExemptSRN A49:
$9,469 - $13,094, Monthly, Exempt
Bargaining Unit: CVWDEA
Division: Sanitation/Non-Potable REPORTING RELATIONSHIP
Reports to : Engineering Manager
Supervises the following positions : N/ACVWD is utilizing Koff & Associates for recruitment. Please click on link below to apply. Civil Engineers- Associate/Assistant Level Sanitation/Non-Potable & Stormwater/Irrigation - Koff & Associates (koffassociates.com) DEFINITION:
Under direction, performs complex professional engineering work related to the design and construction of District sanitation facilities and pipelines. Provides project supervision over engineering staff assigned to projects.
Essential Functions ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Prepares and performs contract administration of sanitation construction projects, treatment plants, pipelines and other related projects. This includes executing contract summaries, negotiations in changes of contract scope, monitoring design costs and overall project budget and resolution of claims, disputes and outstanding issues.
2. Performs project management on district sanitation related construction projects. Maintain quality assurance of consultant’s designs, drawings and specifications to district requirements. Ensure that the inspection and quality assurance is performed on the construction and that project is completed within budget and on schedule.
3. Maintain documentation for both contract administration and project management that includes correspondences, meeting minutes, requests for information, submittal reviews and other activities on the construction project.
4. Prepares plans and specifications for construction projects.
5. Prepares studies for planning of new facilities.
6. Coordinates survey, operations, inspections, consultants and others pertaining to sanitation projects.
7. Uses computers to prepare spread sheets, analyses, simulations and process control.
8. Gather and compile raw data and related information for the preparation of reports and studies.
9. Provides lead supervision with Junior and Assistant Sanitation engineers. Please visit www.cvwd.org/175/Job-Descriptions for the full job description.
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: License or Certificates
: Valid California Operators license issued by the State Department of Motor Vehicles. Department of Motor Vehicles driving record may influence employment or classification. Possession of a valid certificate of registration as a Certified Construction Manager (CCM), or must obtain a CCM registration within three years of hire. Assistant: Possession of a valid Engineer in Training Certificate. Associate: Possession of valid License as a Professional Engineer in the State of California is required. Education and Experience:
Any combination of training and experience which would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way would be to have 5 years of increasingly responsible sanitation facilities experience. Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering or related field from an accredited college or university.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration and Other Requirements Knowledge of :
- Principles and practices of civil engineering.
- Design of hydraulic structures used in sanitation.
- Principles and procedures of wastewater treatment, wastewater collection, and water reclamation.
- Operational procedures and maintenance procedures utilized in wastewater systems.
- Mathematics, design methods, uses and strengths of construction materials; standard specifications, and pertinent regulations related to the design and construction of District facilities and structures.
- Principles and practices of surveying and construction inspection including methods, materials, practices, equipment, laws and safety requirements related to this area of engineering.
- Principles of supervision and training.
- Perform complex engineering work in the design and construction of District Sanitation structures and facilities.
- Perform project management as a resident engineer.
- Prepare comprehensive technical reports and recommendation.
- Maintain accurate documentation of construction projects.
- Work cooperatively with others.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Solve difficult engineering problems utilizing a variety of analytical techniques. Prepare engineering estimates, plans and specifications for proposed district projects.
1. Drives District vehicle to job sites including over rough terrain.
2. May work in extreme weather conditions including heat and rain.
See Human Resources for physical assessment form.
The Coachella Valley Water District provides a comprehensive, balanced, and competitive benefits package ensuring employees have many options to meet their healthcare, wellness and/or retirement savings goals. Providing employees with flexibility and support for all the different stages of life. Employees may pay some portion of their benefit premium costs based on the provisions of their labor-negotiated Memorandums of Understanding (MOU's) and the level of coverage they select. Additional information regarding CVWD employee benefits is available at https://www.cvwd.org/176/Benefits .
Closing Date/Time: Continuous