Several full-time positions available with the Aviation Department, Facilities Structural Maintenance located at 947 Mexico City Ave and the Field Maintenance Division located at 157 Tokyo St
Salary Range: $22.61- $34.48/hour
Normal Work Days/Hours: Tuesday- Saturday, 7:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m or Tuesday- Saturday 3:00 p.m. - 11:30 p.m.. Mandatory overtime during inclement weather events.
Application Deadline Date: Open Until Filled
- Serves as first line responder to fulfill mechanical and HVAC needs of facilities.
- Provides service, repair, and maintenance of terminals and outer buildings.
- Performs general maintenance tasks such as plumbing, electrical, drywall, painting, carpentry and machinery maintenance.
- Maintains and operates snow removal equipment, forklifts, man lifts and loaders.
- Inspects, repairs, and maintains facilities systems, i.e. boilers, hot water and steam lines, air compressors, water feed lines, plumbing fixtures.
- Performs carpentry work, mason & concrete patching and filling.
- Replaces piping, valves, and other worn or damaged parts on boilers.
- Repairs and maintains machinery and equipment used in the daily operations of a multi-storied office complex.
- Performs remodeling duties such as framing and installing drywall, installing plumbing fixtures and water lines.
- Performs welding repairs on buildings and equipment.
- Assists in other maintenance duties as assigned.
- Makes concrete and asphalt repairs to streets, sidewalks, parking lots, and airfield aprons, taxiways, and runways.
- Installs and repairs chain link fencing, barbed wire, mesh, snow fencing, fabricates fence gates and metal security grates.
- Picks up trash from streets, parking lots, and turf areas.
- Operates two-way radios to communicate with the FAA tower and coworkers.
- Operates a variety of motorized equipment from small to large pieces of equipment, highway style paint equipment, riding mowers, rotary tillers, insecticide and pesticide sprayers, agricultural tractors with 20' rotary mower decks as well as bulldozers, motor graders, dump trucks, back hoes, trenchers, front end loaders, paint trucks, and excavators.
- Operates and maintains snow removal equipment.
- Must be available day or night during snow season for emergency snow removal events.
- The job duties are primarily outdoor duties that are performed in all types of weather, night or day, on either the street or air side of the Airport.
high school graduation and 4 years of experience in a variety of mechanical crafts; OR an equivalent combination of qualifying education and experience. Must possess a valid state-issued driver's license in accordance with City of KCMO policies. May be required to obtain a valid MO Class A, B, or C CDL prior to the end of the probationary period as determined by the department. Must pass a pre-employment drug screen and post-offer physical examination as prescribed by the City. Must successfully complete a 10-year FAA background check.
Other Information URGENT!!! CRITICAL RECRUITMENT INFORMATION QUESTIONS REGARDING AVIATION POSITIONS SHOULD BE DIRECTED TO THE AVIATION DEPARTMENT AT 816-243-3010.
Applications and/or resumes are evaluated on the information received by the application deadline. Please ensure that your application or resume clearly demonstrates how you meet the minimum qualifications for the position for which you are applying, this includes providing all relevant educational dates and a detailed description of relevant work experience, including months/years of employment. Applications and/or resumes may not be considered if information is incomplete.
In order for a resume to be used in lieu of an application the resume must have been submitted online via the City's Applicant Tracking System.
Positions requiring a high school diploma/GED certificate must be obtained from a school/program accredited by the Department of Education and recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education.
The minimum education requirement for positions that allow for experience equivalency for an accredited degree is a high school diploma. Unless otherwise specified, an accredited degree must be obtained from a college or university listed with the U.S. Department of Education and recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education.
For positions with a salary grade of EX6 or higher that require an accredited degree, qualifying professional experience must be obtained AFTER the accredited degree is obtained.
Successful completion of a pre-employment criminal history/background check is required for all positions. Some positions require a post offer drug screen and/or physical.
If appointed, non-residents must obtain residency inside Kansas City, Missouri's city limits within nine months.
The City of KCMO is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion in the workplace. The City is committed to providing a workplace environment for its employees and citizens free from discrimination based on race, color, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, religion, age, disability, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or gender identity. For more information, please see our EEO Policy
The City of KCMO is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 816-513-1908 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
. If claiming military veterans' preference points, you must attach a copy of your DD-214 or a DD-256 (for reservists).
To claim veterans' points you must have served 180 days of regular active duty service and be discharged or released under honorable conditions during peacetimes or 90 days of active duty service, one (1) day during "wartime" and a last discharge or release under honorable conditions. (DOD) 38 U.S. Code • 4211).