The Job Open Until Filled - Apply Today for Priority Consideration
to view our brochure. OUTSTANDING SALARY AND BENEFITS Retirement Reciprocity with CalPERS, CalSTRS, and 1937 ACT plans.
The County offers a competitive salary up to $154,232 annually commensurate with experience -PLUS- a G enerous Benefit Package which includes: County pension, 401K, 457(b) paid vacation, sick, and administrative leave, 15 paid holidays, employee and dependent health coverage, tuition assistance
and much more.
3% Annual Across the Board Salary Increases on February 2024/25
Bi-annual step increases of 2.5% up to Step 16
Our generous alternative Modified Benefits Option provides a wage differential of 4% above the base salary rate with modified benefits,
including: Use of increased pay rate to calculate County contributions to RMT, 401(k), and 457(b) plans, leave cash outs, and retirement contribution rate. THE POSITION
San Bernardino County seeks an outstanding leader and expert in the fields of agriculture, weights and measures to be our next Assistant Agricultural Commissioner/Sealer.
The Assistant Agricultural Commissioner/Sealer reports directly to the Commissioner and assists in the administration of all Department programs and activities. This position holds a key leadership role in ensuring the enforcement of the provisions of the California Food and Agricultural Code, State Business and Professions Code, California Code of Regulations, and other pertinent County, State, and Federal laws, regulations, and codes that protect our County's agriculture and consumers Click HERE to view our interactive digital brochure for additional details regarding the position, salary and benefits. Desired Qualifications Education/Certifications:
- A Bachelor's degree and possession of a valid State of California Deputy County Agricultural Commissioner and Deputy Sealer of Weights and Measures license.
- Possession of a Commissioner license is preferred, but not required.
- Incumbent must obtain a valid State of California County Agricultural Commissioner license and County Sealer of Weights and Measures license within 24 months of hire in order to remain in the position.
- Four (4) years of full-time professional work experience in the enforcement of agricultural and weights & measures laws and regulations.
- Two (2) years of qualifying experience must have been served in a management or supervisory capacity.
This is a confidential process and will be handled accordingly throughout all stages of the recruitment process.
To receive consideration for this excellent opportunity, please submit a compelling cover letter, resume, and three professional refences.
An electronic version of all submittals must be sent to: ExecRecruit@hr.sbcounty.gov , -or- complete the online application and upload the required documents: www.sbcounty.gov/jobs .
The most highly qualified candidates will be referred to the appointing authority for further consideration. Candidates advancing in the selection process will receive further information/instructions via email. Questions
regarding this position or status should be addressed to Silvia Zayas:
San Bernardino County is an
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) compliant employer, committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants. ADA Accommodation:
If you have a disability and require accommodations in the testing process, submit the Special Testing Accommodations Request Form within one week of a recruitment filing deadline.
- Veterans' Preference: Eligible veterans and their spouse or widow(er) who are not current County employees may be awarded additional Veterans' Preference points. Click here for information and instructions to request Veteran's Preference points.
Please click HERE for important Applicant Information and the County Employment Process
Closing Date/Time: Continuous