Salary: Commensurate with experience USD
At the City of Atlanta, we are passionate about building and improving our community. Our police officers, firefighters and building inspectors keep our citizens safe. Our Public Works staff keeps our City clean. Our Atlanta Department of Transportation team helps maintain, build and improve our City’s infrastructure. Our City planners help envision and shape future City growth. Our Parks & Recreation professionals enhance our quality of life.
Our engineers help keep our drinking water clean, the largest airport in the world (by passenger volume) operating and our buildings maintained. Along with the host of Finance, Procurement, and Human Resources professionals whose support is vital, we are the City of Atlanta! If you are seeking a meaningful role where you can make a real difference improving and growing our City, we welcome you to explore the job opportunities we have to offer.
Posting Expires: Open Until Filled
Salary: Commensurate with experience
General Description and Classification Standards
Supervises, directs, and coordinates the purchasing and acquisition, inventory, distribution and salvaging of parts, equipment and supplies for Motor Transport Services. Duties include, but are not limited to: supervising the ordering, receiving and issuing of uniforms and safety shoes, tags and title for city vehicles; and assisting with interdepartmental projects.
Direction received is very general and focuses on end results and is typically collaborative in nature.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities These are typical responsibilities for this position and should not be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. May perform other duties as assigned.
• Plans and schedules pickup and delivery of repair parts for equipment targeted for release.
• Plans and schedules monthly review to upgrade for the following month.
• Evaluates repair parts usage and stocking levels of seasonal parts.
• Checks accuracy of inventories at all Motor Transports warehouse and garage facilities.
• Approves the purchasing of automotive parts and invoices for payment.
• Administers procedures relative to receiving, inspecting, maintaining, and issuing maintenance supplies and materials.
• Maintains high standards of accuracy in exercising duties and responsibilities; takes immediate remedial action to correct any quality deficiencies that occur in areas of responsibility.
• Ensures parts and supplies are charged to work orders.
• Prepares a list of salvageable/obsolete parts and equipment.
• Initiates the necessary parts and materials requisitions for needed parts.
Uses independent judgment and discretion in managing subordinates, including the handling of emergency situations, determining, and deciding upon procedures to be implemented, setting priorities, maintaining standards, and resolving problems.
Supervises, directs, and evaluates assigned staff, handling employee concerns and problems, directing work, scheduling, counseling, disciplining, and completing employee performance appraisals.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities This is a partial listing of necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform the job successfully. It is not an exhaustive list.
• Knowledge of parts and purchasing practices, policies, and procedures.
• Skill in effectively communicating and interacting with subordinates, management, employees, and members of the general public.
• Ability to comprehend, interpret and apply regulations, procedures, and related information.
Minimum Qualifications Education and Experience
High school diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
1-3 years' vehicle parts inventory management and supervisory experience required; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
Preferred Education & Experience
High school diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED) and 3-5 years' of vehicle parts inventory management and supervisory/managerial experience preferred.
Licensures and Certifications
Position would be expected to have licensure or professional certifications appropriate to the position.
Required: Valid Georgia driver's license
Essential Capabilities and Work Environment
Required physical, lifting, and sensory capabilities are requirements to perform the job successfully. Typical environmental conditions associated with job.