Provides a variety of general medical care assistance with patients and administrative support for the Medical Staff while working collaboratively within the department; performs directly related work as required. Hiring Hourly Range: $18.22 - $19.34 Primarily this position will require the CMA to work day shift Monday through Friday from 7:00 am to 3:30 pm and potential for rotating holidays. Continuation of employment in this position is contingent upon availability of funding from services, program and agency earnings. OPEN UNTIL FILLED - APPLICATION REVIEW BEGINS IMMEDIATELY, 4/30/2024. Duties and Responsibilities Daily Duties (Not Inclusive, Illustrative Only):
Minimum Qualifications Minimum Education/Qualifications:
- Greet patients using excellent customer service skills
- Answer telephones with enthusiasm and confidence
- Prepares patients for their health care visit by directing and/or accompanying them to the examining room.
- Maintaining patient areas so they are neat and presentable.
- Problem solve unit and patient needs/problems with peers and or program administrator.
- Schedule patient medical/psych/MAT appointments.
- Make follow up calls post induction of medications.
- Arrange Patient transfer to a higher level of care.
- Counting medication (pills) brought in by patient to assess conformity to sig. and document.
- Assist medical staff, nursing staff and counseling staff in a variety of patient-centered tasks.
- Associates Degree in Health Science and/or certification in Medical Assistant
- One year of experience in patient care within a healthcare environment or
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to perform the work.
- Must have successfully completed the requirements to obtain a certification in Medical Assistant by an accredited institution.
- Knowledge of assisting nurses, doctors and counselors based on the principles of the certification of a Medical Assistant.
- Thorough knowledge of substance use and behavioral health disorders.
- Thorough knowledge of laws, regulations, and pertaining to long-term care.
- Skilled in communicating effectively with others, both orally and in writing, using technical and nontechnical language.
- Skilled in operating general medical devices and interpreting subsequent readings.
- Skilled in operating a personal computer using standard or customized software applications appropriate to assigned tasks.
- Must obtain and maintain CPR certification
- Certification to process HIV and HCV Testing within a year of employment preferred.
- A valid SC driver's license or the ability to obtain one upon acceptance of the position