DescriptionJOB FLYER UPDATED AS OF FEBRUARY 9, 2024
- Senior Management Analyst (Confidential)
- NEW Current: $8,096 - $10,850 per month ($46.71 - $62.60 per hour)
- Senior Management Analyst
- NEW Current: $7,975 - $10,689 per month ($46.01 - $61.67 per hour)
- Management Analyst
- NEW Current: $7,134 - $9,561 per month ($41.16 - $55.16 per hour)
* Effective July 2024: 3% Salary Increase will be applied
The City of Costa Mesa invites applications for the following current vacancies (UPDATED
):Management Analyst/Senior Management Analyst*
- 2 Full-time Vacancies - Office of the City Manager - Confidential Designation (General Administration). This position provides professional, technical, administrative, and analytical assistance in conducting a variety of comprehensive analyses and coordinating municipal policies, procedures and services in the City Manager's Office.
- 1 Full-time Vacancy - Public Works Department (General Administration). This vacancy has been filled.
- 1 Full-time Vacancy - Public Works Department (Solid Waste Coordinator/General Administration). This vacancy has been filled.
* Positions in the Management Analyst/Senior Management Analyst class series are flexibly staffed. At the discretion of the Department Director, positions may be filled at the level of Management Analyst or Senior Management Analyst based upon the level of skill and experience required by the Department. The Department may recommend an incumbent for reclassification, subject to verification by Human Resources that the employee has gained sufficient experience, demonstrates proficiency, meets the requirements of higher level position, and has successful performance including completion of the probationary period. APPLICATION AND SELECTION PROCESS:
Applications must be completed and submitted online.
- This recruitment will remain open until filled and may close without prior notice. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis, therefore prompt application is encouraged.
Candidates are required to provide specific information regarding their education and experience as it relates to the position by completing all fields
of the application ,
do not include "see attached resume"
in your responses, as they will not be accepted or reviewed in the application process. Applications may be rejected if incomplete.
Based upon the information presented, a limited number of candidates who possess qualifications most pertinent to the position will be invited to participate in the selection process. The selection process may include, but is not limited to the following components: application materials review and evaluation, written examination or exercise, physical examination, practical exercise and interview evaluation.
The eligibility list will be in effect for one (1) year, unless exhausted sooner. The eligibility list established from this recruitment may be utilized to fill lower-level vacancies which occur during the life of the list. It is recommended you use a personal email address on your application instead of a work email address.
Notifications during this recruitment will be sent by email only (regardless of the notification preference selected during the online application process). Notifications will be sent to the email address that is listed on your online application.
All employment offers made by the City are contingent upon establishing proof of a prospective candidate's legal authorization to work in the United States and successfully passing all components of the pre-employment process which may include, but is not limited to: comprehensive background check, criminal history check (Live Scan fingerprint check), polygraph examination, post-offer psychological evaluation and post-offer medical evaluation (may include drug screen).
Please notify the Human Resources Division 72 hours in advance of the test date if you have a disability which requires accommodation for the testing process.
Note: The provisions of this job bulletin do not constitute an expressed or implied contract. Any provisions contained within may be modified or revoked without notice.
For a list of essential functions for each position, please click on the links below:
Senior Management Analyst
Management Analyst/Management Aide
Qualification GuidelinesSenior Management Analyst
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in business administration, public administration, or a closely-related field. A pertinent graduate degree is desirable.
- Responsible professional experience equivalent to five years of full-time experience in a public agency performing analytical work. A pertinent graduate degree may substitute for two years of experience.
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in business administration, public administration, or a closely-related field. Responsible professional experience equivalent to two years of full-time experience in a public agency performing administrative work. A pertinent graduate degree can substitute for one year of the required experience.
An equivalent combination of education and relevant experience that provides the desired knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform essential functions may also be considered.
All positions require a Class C California Driver's License. Revocation of license during employment may result in disciplinary action or reassignment.
Supplemental InformationPUBLIC EMPLOYEE DISASTER SERVICE WORKER:
In accordance with Government Code Section 3100 - all City of Costa Mesa employees are required to perform assigned disaster service worker duties in the event of an emergency or a disaster.PHYSICAL TASKS AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:
Please contact human resources for a summary of the essential tasks and environmental factors for this classification.
Employee accommodations for physical or mental disabilities will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To view benefit information for all groups, Click Here
New employees contribute 9% of their salary on a pre-tax basis towards the 2%@60 or 2%@62 CalPERS retirement formula depending on eligibility.
- Effective July 2024: 3% increase
Employees receive the following health insurance flexible benefits contribution:
- Current: $1,600monthly
- Effective January 2025: $1,650monthly
The City does not participate in the Social Security system; however, federal mandate requires new employees to contribute 1.45% of wages to Medicare. As a condition of employment, all new employees are required to enroll and participate in the direct deposit program.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous