Description ***This recruitment is eligible for two hiring incentives *** The $6,000 recruitment incentive shall be paid in equal installments for the first twenty-six (26) consecutive biweekly pay periods in the position.
The $6,000 relocation incentive (if applicable) , shall be paid in equal installments for the first twenty-six (26) consecutive biweekly pay periods in the position.
Termination from employment will result in any remaining cash incentive payments being forfeited.
Incentives are subject to El Dorado County personnel rules. THE COUNTY OF EL DORADO
The County of El Dorado is committed to promoting the power of public service by fostering a diverse and collaborative workplace where employees are empowered, respected and valued. The dedicated efforts taken by the Board of Supervisors continues to promote El Dorado County as a competitive employer that is committed to recruiting and retaining qualified employees by advocating for competitive salaries and excellent benefits. The County of El Dorado is also supportive of providing telework opportunities for employees consistent with business needs and in accordance with Board of Supervisors Policy E-12 - Telecommuting. DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION
The County of El Dorado , Department of Transportation is responsible for funding, designing, building, operating, and maintaining the County Road System. El Dorado County's Road System currently consists of approximately 1083 centerline miles of paved roadway, 76 bridges, a multitude of storm drainage systems, and related transportation facilities. DEVELOPMENT AND TRANSPORTATION DIVISION
The Land Development and Transportation Planning Group provides review of developer proposed plans and inspection of developer constructed improvements to ensure compliance with the County's standard plans, provides traffic engineering support and prepares studies and reports relating to current and long-range County traffic projects. THE OPPORTUNITY
The Sr. Civil Engineer in the Land Development and Transportation Planning Group will have the opportunity to plan, coordinate, supervise, analyze, and evaluate the work of professional and technical staff performing engineering work in the areas of project management. The ideal candidate will possess valid California registration as a Civil Engineer, be well versed in the Subdivision Map Act, and have familiarity with development services and traffic modeling for commercial and residential development projects.
The Sr. Civil Engineer position offers growth opportunities and exciting projects unique to El Dorado County. The selected candidate will have the opportunity to:
- Plan, organize, coordinate, review, and supervise the work of professional, technical, and office support staff.
- Recommend staff selection; evaluate work performance; provide for staff development and training; counsel employees and implement discipline as necessary.
- Recommend and implement goals, objectives, policies, and procedures and work standards for the section.
- Supervise and prepare a variety of studies and reports relating to current and long-range County construction and capital improvement needs and recommends specific proposals to meet them.
- Provide technical assistance to staff; perform the most difficult and complex, professional engineering work in assigned areas; plans, reviews and participates in design work and contract administration.
- Assist in budget preparation for the unit and monitors annual expenditures.
- Prepare and monitor the budget for assigned area of responsibility.
- Supervise and coordinate project management activities for a variety of construction and capital improvement projects; prepare, review, and approve the preparation of plans, specifications, designs, estimates, contracts, schedules, inspections, and project monitoring activities.
For a full description of duties and responsibilities please review the job description here . ***In order to qualify, you must possess a Professional Engineer License** * ** Human Resources will assess your application to determine if you are minimally qualified using the following minimum qualifications:
Where college degrees and/or college course credits are required, degrees and college units must be obtained from a regionally accredited college or university. Courses from non-regionally accredited institutions will not be evaluated for this requirement.
Equivalent to graduation from a four-year college or university with major course work in civil engineering;
Two years of lead or project management experience in public works design and construction engineering work at a level equivalent to the County's Associate Civil Engineer.
- Must possess a valid California Registration as a Professional Civil Engineer (or if registered in another state, obtain licensure in California by comity (reciprocity) within the one-year probationary period.)
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
Click here to view the minimum qualifications for Sr. Civil Engineer as well as the physical, environmental, and working conditions. SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
Apply online by clicking the 'Apply' link at the top of this announcement. When your online application and responses to the required supplemental questions are complete, click 'Accept '.
If you have any questions regarding this recruitment, please contact Jenny Thomas in Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. RECRUITMENT PROCESS
The Human Resources Department will screen all applications to identify qualified candidates. After screening, qualified candidates will be referred biweekly to the next step and notified of all further procedures applicable to their status in the recruitment process. Training and Experience Review:
A training and experience review consists of candidates responding to supplemental questions on the job application. Subject matter experts will evaluate each candidate's responses based on predetermined criteria. The subject matter experts are not granted access to the candidate's application; therefore, responses to the supplemental questions should be thorough, detailed, and complete. Do not refer to resumes, cover letters, or other documentation as they will not be reviewed.
Supplemental questions play an integral role in this recruitment process. Please take the time to provide thoughtful and thorough responses. The information you provide may be used to determine your ranking for referral to specific vacancies. All work experience that is described or included in your response(s) MUST be included in the "Work Experience" section of your application. Do not refer to a resume or other documentation.
For more information on the recruitment process, click here .
B ased on the department's needs, the selection procedures listed above may be modified. All candidates will be notified of any changes in the selection procedures. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
The County of El Dorado is recruiting applicants for the Sr. Civil Engineer. This recruitment will establish a list for the purpose of filling current and future full time, part time, limited term and extra help vacancies for at least three (3) months.
- There is currently one (1) full time vacancy in the Department of Transportation, located in Placerville, CA.
Click here for Frequently Asked Questions.
The County of El Dorado is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Many job classifications require a pre-employment medical screening. Depending on the job classification, medical screening may include testing for drugs, including but not limited to marijuana; a positive test may result in revocation of an employment offer.
Not just rustic mining towns and historic sites - Today El Dorado County is a year-round vacation destination overflowing with outdoor adventure, inviting agritourism locations, enriching family activities, and a proud Gold Rush history.
Escape the traffic and smog because El Dorado County is just:
- 40 miles to Downtown Sacramento
- 50 miles to Sacramento International Airport
- 129 miles to San Francisco
Here area few of the many activities and events available throughout El Dorado County:
Employees that are buying a home in El Dorado County may qualify for down payment assistance. Click here for more information.CHECK OUT OUR VIDEO TO LEARN MORE!
- Hiking, Camping, Fishing, Boating, and Watersports
- Skiing and Snowboarding
- Live Music and Music Festivals
- Local Craft Breweries and Wineries
- El Dorado County Fair
- Placerville Speedway Races
- Farm to Fork Restaurants
- Small Business Shops
Closing Date/Time: Continuous