CAREER DESCRIPTIONInformation Technology Services, IT Systems Technician II
In addition to performance-based merit increases, this position is scheduled to receive salary range increases on the following dates:
Effective June 28, 2024 - 4.25% increase
Effective June 27, 2025 - 4.00% increase
Salary may be negotiable within the range listed above, based on position requirements and successful candidate's qualifications, subject to appropriate authorization.
This recruitment is open to the public for a minimum of five (5) business days and will remain open on a continuous basis until 11:59 p.m. (P.S.T.) on the day the County's needs are met. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply immediately.
This recruitment will establish an open eligible list and will be used to fill current and future IT Systems Technician II positions within the Health Care Agency. This eligible list may also be used to fill positions in similar and/or lower classifications throughout the County of Orange. HEALTH CARE AGENCY
The County of Orange , Health Care Agency (HCA) is a dynamic organization dedicated to creating and supporting an environment that promotes the achievement of optimal individual, family and community health. Under the leadership of the Agency Director, a dynamic executive team with an organizational structure comprised of five (5) service areas - Strategy and Special Projects, Mental Health and Recovery Services, Correctional Health Services, Medical Health Services and Public Health Services - is committed to meeting the health needs of the diverse Orange County community. QUALITY MANAGEMENT SERVICES
HCA Quality Management Services (QMS) is a Mental Health and Recovery Services (MHRS) function area that supports programming in two MHRS function areas: Adult and Older Adult Behavioral Health (AOABH) and Children, Youth and Prevention Behavioral Health (CYPBH) Services. It supports MHRS’ two managed care programs, the Mental Health Plan (MHP) and the Drug Medi-Cal Organized Delivery System (DMC-ODS) as well as their other mental health and Substance Use Disorder (SUD) programming. THE OPPORTUNITY
There are immediate IT Systems Technician II vacancies within the Quality Management Services (QMS) department. QMS is seeking to hire qualified candidates who are self-motivated, capable of multi-tasking and function well within a team environment. Responsibilities of the IT System Technician II will include, but are not limited to:
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS & CORE COMPETENCIES
- Test MHRS reports and new or modified Integrated Records Information System (IRIS) database functionality
- Support, design, maintain and implement functions related to IRIS system
- Train front end County, contract providers office, and clinical staff on the different applications that are used within IRIS
- Coordinate billing system design with MHRS programs and HCA IT based on State and Federal requirements for Medi-cal, Medicare, and other 3rd party health plans
- Receive calls at help-desk from staff, assist callers with computer-related questions or escalate calls to the next level of support
- Create and manage workflow documents to describe MHRS processes
- Coordinate with other HCA departments to elicit business needs and manage user profiles
- Analyze billing related items pertaining to back office functions
- Work closely with HCA IT to ensure IRIS system remains compliant with changing processes and/or State regulations
- Plan, organize and prioritize workload to ensure service levels and deadlines are met
- Perform other related duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will possess two (2) or more years of professional experience working with Cerner (IRIS) or another similar electronic health record (EHR) database.
In addition, the ideal candidate will possess the ability, knowledge and/or experience in the following core competencies:
Professional & Technical Experience | Using Technology
Critical Thinking l Decision Making
- Understand Cerner (IRIS) applications and other related tools
- Principles, methods and techniques used in testing business applications
- Methods and techniques of evaluating business requirements to provide technology solutions
- Develop, maintain, test and troubleshoot program structures
- Troubleshoot and repair variety of application issues with appropriate testing methods
- Work with Electronic Health Record (EHR) or other related IT healthcare systems
- Understand basic project management principles and techniques such as organizing and managing a project, developing schedules, identifying critical paths, breaking down a project into individual tasks, risk management, and successful completions
- Prepare and process electronically generated medical billing claims
- Understand requirements for Short Doyle Medi-Cal (Mental Health and Drug Medi-Cal)
- Understand, interpret and apply provisions of federal, state and local regulations to the administration of HCA, MHRS
Building & Maintaining Relationships | Customer Focus
- Gather and logically evaluate information to draw valid conclusions, take appropriate actions and/or make appropriate recommendations.
- Demonstrate sound judgment while developing custom processes and meeting legal and internal requirements in an effective and efficient manner
- Research and implement viable solutions
- Identify and successfully resolve issues and problems efficiently
Oral Communication Skills | Writing | Informing
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships and continuously work to improve relationships, contacts and networks
- Respond quickly, courteously, and proficiently to incidents and customer service requests
- Apply principles and practices of excellent customer service in an IT environment
- Maintain productive working relationship with multiple system stakeholders including customers and management
- Work together as a team to accomplish shared objectives/goals
- Ask clarifying questions and assist users in providing specific details regarding technical issues/problems
Adaptability | Establish Credibility | Learning Agility
- Develop and present technical documentation and training materials in a clear manner
- Communicate technical information to a wide variety of users effectively, clearly and persuasively
- Effectively communicate complex rules and regulations to those unfamiliar with county policies and procedures
- Provide information that is timely, understandable and appropriate to the needs of others
- Plan, organize, and prioritize work to ensure deadlines are met
- Adapt quickly to changes in policies, procedures, and assignments and responds to change in a positiive manner
- Seek and use feedback on how to improve performance
- Takes responsibility for one's actions
- Build trust through reliability
Click here to learn about the minimum qualifications for the IT Systems Technician II position, including physical and environmental conditions. RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Human Resource Services (HRS) will screen all application materials to identify qualified applicants. After screening, qualified applicants will be referred to the next step in the recruitment process. All applicants will be notified via email of their status in the process.Veterans Employment Preference
The County is committed to providing a mechanism to give preferential consideration in the
employment process to veterans and their eligible spouses and will provide eligible participants the opportunity to receive interviews in the selection process for employment and paid internship openings. Please click here
to review the policy.Application Screening (Refer/Non-Refer)
Applications and supplemental responses will be screened for qualifications that are highly desirable and most needed to successfully perform the duties of this job. Only those applicants that meet the qualifications as listed in the job bulletin will be referred to the next step. Structured Oral Interview | SOI (Weighted 100%)
Applicants will be interviewed and rated by an oral panel of job knowledge experts. Each applicant’s rating will be based on responses to a series of structured questions designed to elicit the applicant’s qualifications for the job.Based on the Department's needs, the selection procedures listed above may be modified. All candidates will be notified of any changes in the selection procedure. Eligible List:
Once the assessment has been completed, HRS will establish an eligible list of candidates. Candidates placed on the eligible list may be referred to a selection interview to be considered for present and future vacancies.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATIONPlease see below for important information regarding COVID-19 related requirements.
Effective April 3, 2023, it is strongly recommended that County employees working in health care settings and correctional facilities follow vaccination and booster guidelines provided by the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Please click here to see the latest guidance for more details. Email Notification
Email is the primary form of notification during the recruitment process. Please ensure your correct email address is included in our application and use only one email account.
NOTE: User accounts are established for one person only and should not be shared with another person. Multiple applications with multiple users may jeopardize your status in the recruitment process for any positions for which you apply.
Candidates will be notified regarding their status as the recruitment proceeds via email through the GovernmentJobs.com site. Please check your email folders, including spam/junk folders, and/or accept emails ending with "governmentjobs.com" and "ocgov.com." If your email address should change, please update your profile at www.governmentjobs.com .
Frequently Asked Questions
for additional Frequently Asked Questions.For specific information pertaining to this recruitment, please contact Mariah Cuellar at (714) 834-3179 or MCuellar@ochca.com .
Orange County, as an equal employment opportunity employer, encourages
applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
In addition to the County's standard suite of benefits, such as a variety of health plan options, annual leave and paid holidays--we also offer an excellent array of benefits such as a Health Care Reimbursement Account, 457 Defined Contribution Plan and Annual Education and Professional Reimbursement. Employees are provided a Retirement Plan through the Orange County Employees Retirement System (OCERS).
Please go to the following link to find out more about Defined Benefit Pensions and OCERS Plan Types/Benefits.
Click here for information about benefits offered to County of Orange employees.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous