York County is located in the Piedmont region, between the Broad River and the Catawba River. Its diverse landscape is home to family-friendly towns/cities, a progressive urban region and lakefront communities. We are excited that you want to join our team and recognize that our employees are the foundation for our success. Mission Statement
- York County provides quality public services in an open, efficient, and responsive manner. Vision Statement
- York County provides an environment where all citizens and businesses can thrive and succeed.
ABOUT OUR OPPORTUNITY
Are you an experienced civil engineer with excellent project management skills and the ability to work in a collaborative environment? If so, we may have an opportunity for you! We are seeking a Pennies for Progress Senior Project Manager to join our team. If you're ready to take your career to the next level, gain valuable experience, and make a meaningful impact to the citizens of York County, South Carolina, apply today!
We are looking for a licensed engineer to join our Pennies for Progress team as a Senior Project Manager! York County is one of the fastest growing counties in South Carolina and you will be an important part of improving our County’s infrastructure. York County’s Pennies for Progress Program was the first of its kind in South Carolina and is responsible for $1 Billion dollars’ worth of roadway improvements since its inception in 1997. Projects include three (3) and five (5) lane widening projects, intersection improvements, and resurfacing projects. There are currently over fifteen (15) active projects throughout the County with a new round of projects schedule to be voted on in November of 2024 as a part of the Pennies Five (5) Program. Work Schedule:
Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm; occasional evenings and weekends depending on operational needs. Benefits:
participation in the South Carolina Retirement System, comprehensive medical benefits, dental, vision, vacation leave, sick leave, longevity pay, 11 paid holidays plus 3 optional days/floating holidays. Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manages all aspects of transportation capital improvement projects.
- Negotiates, prepares and administers consultant contracts, coordinates design reviews, environmental reviews, right-of-way and permit acquisition, coordinating bidding and contract awards; and supervises construction and monitoring project closeout.
- Ensures that objectives are met and projects are constructed to York County and SCDOT standards.
- Serves as the departmental representative with other County departments, outside agencies, special interest groups, and the public.
- Works on a number of projects that can be highly visible and have many stakeholders involved.
- Prepare and conduct briefings and presentations on projects to County management and officials, community groups and other applicable boards.
- Performs related work as assigned.
About you - Education and Experience Requirements:
Certifications and Licenses:
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering and six (6) years of related work experience.
Applicants with equivalent experience and/or education may be considered.
- South Carolina Professional Engineer’s (PE) license or ability to obtain within six (6) months of hire.
- Valid state driver’s license.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Physical demands refer to the requirements for physical exertion and coordination of limb and body movement.
- Performs sedentary work that involves walking or standing some of the time and involves exerting up to 10 pounds of force on a regular and recurring basis or sustained keyboard operations.
UNAVOIDABLE HAZARDS (WORK ENVIRONMENT):
Unavoidable hazards refer to the job conditions that may lead to injury or health hazards even though precautions have been taken.
Disclaimer AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT COMPLIANCE
York County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ADA requires the County to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified persons with disabilities. Prospective and current employees are encouraged to discuss ADA accommodations with management.
Closing Date/Time: 2023-09-15