Join our Behavioral Health Team to oversee administrative functions including Medi-Cal billing, transportation services, medical records, clerical support and other duties as assigned for all Mental Health and Substance Abuse programs provided in Calaveras County.
Under direction of the department head and/or designee, will exercise direct supervision over professional, technical and clerical personnel; plan, organize, manage and coordinate the administrative functions as well as designated programmatic/operational responsibilities of an assigned unit/department; to establish and implement assigned programs' objectives and performance standards; to serve as a member of the department's management team which is responsible for fulfilling the mission and carrying out the policies of the department; and to promote and participate in collaborative activities, programs and projects that cross functional areas. DISTINGUISHING CHARACTERISTICS:
The Behavioral Health Administrative Services Manager is a management job classification that provides direct supervision to employees within an administrative support work unit and assumes substantive and significant responsibility for assigned departmental and/or multi-divisional administration to include, but not limited to, fiscal and budgetary, personnel, recordkeeping, documentation and management information systems activities. The Behavioral Health Administrative Service Manager may also direct and manage assigned programmatic and/or operational activities integral to the assigned departments responsibilities. This classification serves as an advisor to the department head/management team on a variety of complex administrative services and related functions.
Example of Duties
- Serve as an effective and positive member of the department's management team.
- Participate in strategic planning, legislative review and analysis, and policy development.
- Plan, organize and manage the assigned administrative, operational and programmatic activities within designated areas of responsibility.
- Monitor and evaluate work in progress to ensure compliance with goals and policies.
- Participate in the identification and allocation of resources (fiscal, staffing, information technology, supplies and materials)
- Contribute to problem-solving, decision making and planning activities of the assigned department.
- Plan, direct and manage multiple complex fiscal accounting operations for assigned department and its inclusive divisions
- Oversee the maintenance of appropriate documentation and recordkeeping.
- Oversee the preparation of a variety of financial reports for use and review by department management, County Administrative Officer, and other governmental and/or special agencies as necessary.
- Plan, direct and manage the information systems operations and related technological functions for assigned department and its inclusive divisions.
- Act as liaison with the County-wide information systems support staff and/or outside vendors as necessary to ensure departmental users receive appropriate and optimum levels of assistance.
- Direct, manage and participate in the preparation for multiple and complex budgets.
- Collect and analyze data in the support of effective forecasting of revenues and expenditures, develops justifications for budgetary recommendations.
- Represent assigned departmental unit on personnel matters such as staffing, recruitment, selection, classification, and/or employee relations.
- Act as departmental liaison with Human Resources department.
- Provide or coordinate staff training, work with employees to correct deficiencies.
- Identify, plan, implement and evaluate goals, objectives, priorities, and activities within assigned area of responsibility.
- Provide professional and managerial resources to the director and management team.
- Represent assigned department to outside organizations, local communities, special interest groups, businesses, clients, customers, and the general public utilizing accepted principles of effective customer service.
- Establish and maintain open communications with employees, other County departments, multi-disciplinary teams and other governmental organizations.
- Direct and manage the work of consultants.
- Assist in the requests for proposals, review bids, interview and select consultants..
- Maintain awareness of and participation in an appropriate external professional environment and resources to ensure the highest level of professional standards are applied to service delivery within the assigned department.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications Knowledge of:
Principles and modern methods of public and business administration with special reference to organization, fiscal budget, and personnel management; advanced principles of financial administration, including financial forecasting, cost accounting and financial analysis; advance principles and practices of organizational analysis and human resource planning; basic principles and practices of County-wide operations and organization; management, leadership, motivation, team building and conflict resolution; organizational and management practices as applied to development, analysis, and evaluation of programs, policies and operational needs; pertinent local, state and federal rules, regulations and laws; principles and practices of supervision, training and performance evaluations; standard and accepted office practices, procedures and equipment; principles and practices of work safety. Ability to:
Organize, implement and direct activities of professional, technical and clerical staff involved in assigned areas of responsibility; understand all aspects of assigned department/unit, intermittently analyze work papers, reports and special projects, identify and interpret technical and numerical information, observe and problem solve operational and technical policies and procedures; analyze budget and technical reports; interpret and evaluate staff reports; successfully develop, manage and monitor budgets, programs and expenditures; recommend policies and procedures related to assigned area, make presentations to boards, community groups and employees, gain cooperation through discussion and persuasion; interpret and apply pertinent local, state and federal laws, guidelines and regulations; apply principles and practices of personnel administration; negotiate agreement between differing individuals and groups; prepare reports, statistical data, forms, questionnaires and surveys; work with various cultural and ethnic groups in a tactful and effective manner; establish and maintain an effective working relationship with those contacted throughout the course of work.
Education, Training, and Experience:
Sufficient education, training and related work experience to demonstrate possession of the knowledge, skills, and abilities detailed below which would typically be acquired through:
Equivalent to graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major course work in business administration, public administration, government, economics, finance, or related field -AND- four years of supervisory administrative responsibility.
Governmental supervisory administrative experience may substitute on a year for year basis for the required degree.
Possession of an appropriate California driver's license issued by the State Department of Motor Vehicles may be required. Bargaining Unit 4 - Mid-Management & Professional Exempt Employees
For available Health/Dental/Vision insurance please visit the County BENEFITS WEBPAGE.
NEW * Assist-To-Own program to help Couny employees purchase a home.
- Down Payment Assistance, up to 5.5% of the Total Mortgage Loan.
- Available with purchase of a primary residence.
- Variety of Mortgage Loan options (FHA, VA, USDA and Conventional Mortgage Loans).
- No first-time homebuyer requirement to qualify.
- Flexible guidelines: Minimum FICO 640; Maximum DTI 50%.
- Flexible income limits, up to moderate income levels; no income limits for FHA and VA.
For more information, vists Calaveras County Assist-to-Own
Extra-hire employees are not eligible for step advances, vacation, seniority rights, holiday pay or other certain employee benefits. They are entitled to 24 hours of sick leave per year and eligilbe for the county's CORE Medical plan but not eligible for dental or vision insurance.Vacation days:
0 - 3 complete years = 80 hours per year.
After 6 months you can take your first week.
3 - 10 complete years = 120 hours per year
10 years+ = 160 per yearHolidays
:13 paid holidays per year.Sick Leave:
12 days annual sick leave accrual with unlimited accumulation.
Sick leave is accrued at 3.69 hours for each full 80 hours of payroll period.
60 hours of sick leave can be used for immediate family, parent spouse, child or sibling.Management Time Off (MTO)
: 40 annually, pro-rated if hired on/after July 1st.Merit:
After successfully completing twenty-six (26) pay periods, a 5% merit increase may be granted.Merit increases may be granted annually thereafter to the top step. Probation Period:
New employees remain in a probationary status for 26 pay periods..Longevity Incentives @ 2.5% for each of the following:
Flexible Spending Accounts under Section 125
- 5.5 years (if hired before March 28, 2005)
- 6 years
- 10 years
- 15 years
- 20 years
- 25 years
Section 125 Plan
- Flexible Spending:Pre-Tax Medical Reimbursement - Max contribution of $2,500 annually
- Flexible Spending:Pre-Tax Dependent Care Account - Max contribution of $5,000 annually
:Additional insurance is available through the Section 125 plan and may be purchased from a representative during open enrollment or by appointment when they are on-site.
- Heart & Stroke Insurance
- Cancer Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Universal Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability Insurance
$50,000.00 County paid Retirement Information: CalPERS:
CLASSIC MEMBERS: 2% at 55
PEPRA MEMBERS: 2% at 62Additional Retirement Plan:
The County offers a 457 Government plan. Employees can contribute u to this deferred compensation plan (Pre or Post Tax options
).The County utilizes VALIC.Participating employees will receive a County paid match of up to $50 a month
Closing Date/Time: Continuous