Description: Type of Appointment:
Full-Time, Probationary Collective Bargaining Unit:
California State University Employees Union (CSUEU) - Unit 9 Job Classification:
Administrative Analyst/Specialist - Exempt II Classification Salary Range:
$5,022 - $9,083 per month Anticipated Hiring Range:
Up to $85,000 annually Work Hours:
Monday - Friday, 8 am - 5 pm, unless otherwise notified Recruitment Close Date:
Open until filledTHE DEPARTMENT:
The mission of the Division of Administrative Affairs is to provide high quality fiscal, human and facility services in support of the university through partnerships and innovative solutions.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Continuous Improvement Training
- Provides training, consultation, and project timeline reporting.
- Identifies teams that are off track and renders support (teambuilding, communication, etc.)
- Consults with teams on the use of LEAN tools
- Meets regularly with all teams on campus and creates heat map of the various projects and status
- When multiple areas are impacted, ensures that all parties understand and are in support of proposed improvements
- Creates and assists with communication plans
- Lead diagnosis of workflow impediments and other wastes throughout the business, and provide experienced counsel on appropriate Lean Six Sigma tools to eliminate them
- Lead/facilitate root cause analysis in problem-solving using
- Lead the development of various Lean Six Sigma tools and Kaizen methodologies to be utilized within the division
- Deliver quarterly training on the use of various Lean tools and continuous improvement methodologies
- Work with functional areas to develop and collect quantifiable measures to track, monitor and assess the success or failure of the implementation of process improvements
- Provides impact analysis to include financial, operational, and cultural impacts as a result of continuous improvement efforts. Tracks and reports both business improvements and deployment of LEAN through the collection of aggregate data and the development of standard reports and dashboards.
- Under the direction of the Director of Organizational Development, builds the infrastructure to operate a fully functional LEAN service operation; socialize, promote, increase acceptance and adoption of Lean, Six Sigma, and other continuous improvement processes.
- Recruit and facilitate participation in continuous improvement projects through the application of LEAN tools.
- Assist in the identification and definition of potential projects and play an active role in the prioritization of projects
- Works with teams to secure the appropriate sponsorships for all improvement projects
- Works with various functions across the University to gather data to ensure the accurate review of the current state
- Bachelor's degree AND/OR the equivalent training and administrative work experience involving study, analysis, and/or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of administrative policies, procedures, practices, or programs.
- PLUS four (4) years of related experience
- Thorough knowledge of and ability to apply extensive expertise to complex programs and/or administrative specialties, including pertinent laws and regulations; demonstrated expertise in and advanced knowledge of the principles, problems, and methods of public and business administration and operational and fiscal management; expertise in administrative survey techniques, operations and systems analysis, statistical and research methods, and the ability to interpret and evaluate results to develop sound conclusions and recommend new or revised policies. Ability to understand problems from a broad, interactive perspective and discern applicable underlying principles to conceive of and develop strategic solutions; ability to work with representatives from public and private entities and handle potentially sensitive situations; demonstrated consultative skills in working with internal and external constituent groups; ability to effectively present ideas and concepts in written or presentation format and use consultative and facilitation skills to gain consensus; ability to train others on new skills and procedures and provide lead work direction.
- 3 years experience leading Kaizen initiatives
- Supervision of employees
- Master’s Degree or higher
- Green/Black Belt Certified
- Project Management Certified
- Program or project start up
- Higher Education or Government Experience
- Kaizen Presentation Skills
- Project Management
- Ability to demonstrate successful outcome and completion of projects through metrics, and financials.
- Ability to successfully improve processes and streamline work using lean principles and quantifying and qualifying results
Individuals who access in-person on- or off-campus University programs or activities are strongly recommended to follow the COVID-19 vaccine recommendations adopted by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the California Department of Public Health and to follow any campus safety measures that may be recommended or required by Cal Poly Pomona to decrease the likelihood of COVID-19 transmission or illness and allow the core mission and activities of the campus to continue. The complete text of the policy may be viewed at COVID-19 Vaccinations and Other Safety Measures .Out of State Work
The California State University (CSU) system is a network of twenty-three public universities providing access to a quality education through the support of California taxpayers. Part of CSU’s mission is to prepare educated, responsible individuals to contribute to California’s schools, economy, culture, and future. As an agency of the State of California, the CSU’s business operations almost exclusively reside within California. The CSU Out-of-State Employment Policy prohibits hiring employees to perform CSU-related work outside California. See policy at https://calstate.policystat.com/v2/policy/10899725/latest/ . Background Check
Cal Poly Pomona will make a conditional offer of employment, pending the satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check). The conditional offer of employment may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. In determining the suitability of the candidate for the position, Cal Poly Pomona will give an individualized assessment to any criminal conviction history, considering such factors as the nature, gravity and recency of the conviction, the candidate’s conduct, performance or rehabilitation efforts since the conviction and the nature of the job applied for. See policy at https://www.cpp.edu/eoda/employee-labor//documents/employment-policies/hr2017-17.pdf . I-9
Cal Poly Pomona hires only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. See Form I-9 Acceptable Documents at https://www.uscis.gov/i-9-central/form-i-9-acceptable-documents .Child Abuse/Neglect Reporting Act (CANRA)
The person holding this position is considered a “mandated reporter” under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment. See policy at https://calstate.policystat.com/v2/policy/10927154/latest/ .Smoking
Cal Poly Pomona is a smoke and tobacco-free campus. See policy at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/6591951/latest/ . Clery Act
In compliance with state and federal crime awareness and campus security legislation, including The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, California Education Code section 67380, and the Higher Education Opportunity Act (HEOA), the Cal Poly Pomona Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available at: https://www.cpp.edu/campus-safety-plan.shtml .Reasonable Accommodation
We provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Applicants with questions about access or requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should contact the ADA Coordinator by email at ADACoordinator@cpp.edu . More information is available at: https://www.cpp.edu/eoda/employee-labor//access-accommodations/index.shtml .EEO
Cal Poly Pomona is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The university subscribes to the pay transparency nondiscrimination provision and all state and federal regulations that prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity/gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, age, disability, genetic information, medical condition, and covered veteran status. More information is available at: https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/OFCCP/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf and at https://www.cpp.edu/eoda/employee-labor/documents/aa-eeo-doc/policy-statement_2022-aap-for-california-state-polytechnic-university-pomona_confidential_20220127.pdf .
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled