The City of North Las Vegas announces a posting to create an eligibility list and to fill one (1) vacancies for the classification of Senior Engineer. The current vacancy is in the Public Works Department Dev Flood Control Division. The eligibility list will be utilized to fill the vacancy for this classification, for up to one hundred twenty (120) days. NOTE TO CURRENT EMPLOYEES:
Pursuant to the Teamsters collective bargaining agreement, non-probationary employees successfully completing the qualification assessment process will be placed on an eligibility list to be used to fill vacancies in this classification for up to one hundred and twenty (120) days.
Please thoroughly review the information and selection process outlined on this announcement. IMPORTANT INFORMATION!
- Submit a complete application - For your application to be considered, you MUST fully complete an online application by providing sufficient information to demonstrate how you meet the minimum and any preferred qualifications, attach any documents as necessary, and answer ALL questions. Select “Apply for Job” at the top of this announcement and click “SUBMIT” at the end of your application (applying for a position does not guarantee an interview nor an offer of position)
- Pre-Employment Screening - Selected candidates for this position are subject to a Pre-employment screening. Pre-employment screening includes but is not limited to: Local & State Criminal History Check; Federal Criminal History Check via submission of fingerprints; Drug screening.
- Pay - The starting hourly pay for this position is $40.48 (step 1). All new employees hired for this position will start at step 1 of the range. Existing employees will receive increases as outlined by their bargaining agreement.
- Work Schedule - Schedule will be 4 days per week, 9 hours per day. Monday - Thursday 7:00am - 5:00pm
- Environment - While performing the essential functions of the job the employee is primarily required to work in a typical office setting, use standard office equipment, read printed materials and a computer screen and communication in person and over the telephone. Works in an office environment where there is little or no physical discomfort associated with changed in weather or discomfort associated with noise, dust, dirt, etc.
Plans, supervises, reviews and evaluates the work of professional and technical support staff; performs professional level engineering planning, engineering designing, engineering design review, bidding and construction management duties; coordination of all aspects of both land development and capital improvement projects and programs.
The full job description can be found by clicking the link. Senior Engineer MINIMMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university with major course work in civil engineering or a related field.
- Four years of professional level engineering work and project management experience in the applicable area of responsibility (Engineering Services, Development and Flood Control,
- Technical Services, or Transportation Services), preferably in a public agency. Four years of recent experience involving the principles and practices associated with real property management and
May substitute a combination of equivalent education and experience. The City assesses 1 year of fulltime experience as equivalent to one year of education. Licenses and Certifications
- Registered Professional Engineer in the State of Nevada. If registered in another state must obtain Nevada registration within one year of hire/reclassification.
- Registered Professional Architect in State of Nevada. If registered in another state must obtain Nevada registration within one year of hire/reclassification. (Public Works, Engineering Services candidates only).
- Certification through the Association of State Floodplain Managers Certified Floodplain Manager Program required within 1 year of hire/reclassification. (Development and Flood Control Division candidates only)
- Registered Professional Traffic Operations Engineer Certificate is required within 1 year of hire/reclassification. (Traffic Engineering Position candidates only)
- Grade 2 Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator Certification in the State of Nevada. If certified in another state must obtain Nevada certification with six months of hire/reclassification. (Wastewater Engineering Position candidates only)
- Must possess a valid Nevada State Driver’s License and maintain satisfactory motor vehicle records during the duration of employment.
Oral Board (Weight 100%, Passing Score 70%)
Note: Subsequent vacancies during the life of the eligibility list may require participation in an additional selection interview. The selection interview will be weighted 100%, requiring a passing score of 70% in order to be considered for the subsequent position vacancy.BENEFITS AND PERKS
(Many of our positions offer the following)
- 4-day, 36-hour workweek, Monday-Thursday, 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. (May vary by position specific needs).
- 100% employer-paid Medical, Dental and Vision insurance plan option, with affordable low cost alternative plans available.
- 13 paid holidays off annually.
- 3 weeks of annual leave accrued each year (up to applicable maximums).
- 3 weeks of sick leave accrued each year (up to applicable maximums).
- Employer-paid participation in the Public Employees’ Retirement System of Nevada (PERS).
- Employer-paid Term Life and AD&D insurance for employees, plus dependent life insurance.
- Deferred compensation 457(b) Plan, which is a government deferred compensation plan similar to a 401(k) plan. It offers both pre-tax and after-tax savings and investment options.
- Annual merit increase program based on performance evaluations and/or contractual wage increases.
- Complimentary access to our fully equipped fitness center at City Hall.
This class specification may not be interpreted as all-inclusive. It is intended to identify the major responsibilities and requirements of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related responsibilities and tasks other than those stated in this description. Any essential function or requirement of this class will be evaluated as necessary should an incumbent/applicant be unable to perform the function or requirement due to a disability as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Reasonable accommodations for the specific disability will be made for the incumbent/applicant as possible.
NV PERS Official Policy 11.6
- People Group: Teamster Administrative
- Grade: TEX-23
- Minimum Salary: 3093.08
- Maximum Salary: 4639.74
- Pay Basis: BIWEEKLY