SALARY: Hourly: $18.25
General Job Description
Assists with maintenance of city streets, sidewalks, curbs, and drainage systems, using light equipment and hand tools; maintains, plants, and trims grass, trees, and brush; performs traffic control at work sites; and assists with performing minor repairs on equipment.
Duties & Responsibility
- Assists with maintenance of streets, sidewalks, gutters, and curbs by using overlays, cement, reinforcing steel, asphalt, sand, gravel, and patching compound.
- Assists with installation, repair, and maintenance of drainage pipes, catch basins, bridges, and related components.
- Tamps, packs, and levels dirt, asphalt, or other materials during pothole repair, reconstructing road shoulders, and crack sealing.
- Operates light equipment and hand tools, such as tractors, mowers, chainsaws, picks, etc.
- Sets up barricades at work sites to warn traffic of hazardous areas.
- Maintains, plants, and/or trims grass, trees, and brush, including use of chainsaw and/or other light equipment.
- Operates brush chipper, feeding trees and brush into machine and ensuring safe operation.
- Loads, transports, and unloads necessary materials for assigned projects.
- Assists with performing minor repairs on equipment.
- Collects brush and debris and loads onto truck.
- May assist with concrete application and with form building for same.
- May assist other personnel in painting street signs, curbs, and stripes on roads.
- Serves as essential emergency personnel when required.
- Regular and prompt attendance is an essential function of the position.
City of Boerne Values
- Work product models established corporate culture in conformance with City’s stated values.
- Integrity: We adhere to and demonstrate the highest ethical standards.
- Service: We improve our community and better people’s lives.
- Respect: We value every person, our community and heritage, and our environment.
- Excellence: We perform at the highest level.
- Collaboration: We cooperate to achieve the best outcomes.
Education & Training
Sufficient education to read and write or any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Required
Knowledge of: methods, practices, material, and equipment used in street and drainage system maintenance; and use and care of tools and specialized equipment.
Skill/Ability to: understand and follow instructions; learn to operate standard maintenance equipment; applying safety standards to prevent hazards; tolerate outside working conditions, including exposure to adverse weather conditions; and establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and the public.
Safety/Physical Requirements: Heavy. Tasks involve bending, lifting, walking, carrying, and using a force equal to ninety (90) pounds.
Certifications & Licenses Required
Appropriate Texas Driver’s License.
Employee Medical, Dental, Vision, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability paid by City of Boerne 100% and other paid benefits.
The City of Boerne is an equal opportunity employer
Closing Date/Time: 2023-12-11