Description: Working Title
Associate Registrar for the Registrar's Office Administrator Level (for MPP positions only)
This position is an MPP II in the California State University Management Personnel Plan (MPP), reporting to the The Director of the Registrar's Office. SF State University
San Francisco State is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, color, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, National origin, sex, sexual orientation, covered veteran status, or any other protected status. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting the Senior Human Resources Manager.
Applicants may visit titleix.sfsu.edu for more information on SF State's policy prohibiting discrimination, and how to file an online report using the procedures under Executive Order 1096 Revised. Inquiries can be directed to the campus Title IX Coordinator and Discrimination, Harassment, and Retaliation Administrator by calling (415) 338-2032 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
San Francisco State is a 100% Smoke/Vapor-Free Campus. Smoking or Vaping of any tobacco/plant-based substance is not permitted on any University properties.
The person holding this position may be considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
This position may be a "designated position" in the California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. The successful candidate accepting this position may be required to file Conflict of Interest forms subject to the regulations of the Fair Political Practices Commission. Department
Registrar's Office Appointment Type
At will Time Base
Full-Time (1.0 FTE) Work Schedule
Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. -5:00 p.m. Anticipated Hiring Range
$6,625.00 - $7,356.00 Per Month ($79,500.00 - $88,272.00 Annually)
Salary is commensurate with experience. Position Summary
Reporting to the Assistant Vice President for Enrollment Management and University Registrar, the Associate Registrar is a member of the Office of the Registrar’s leadership team, as well as the broader Enrollment Management leadership team. The Associate Registrar, as a leader in the office, advises the AVP/University Registrar on procedures in their area of responsibility, making recommendations and providing assessment of impacts. The Associate Registrar is primarily responsible for the staff and systems that support the Academic Advisement and Degree Planner modules in CS, as well as the undergraduate graduation process.
The Associate Registrar must be familiar with registrar-related modules within Campus Solutions (CS), including Academic Advisement, Student Records, and Degree Planner. The Associate Registrar is responsible for recruiting, hiring, training and evaluating the staff who evaluate undergraduate degree applications; creating and maintaining configuration and rules for the DPR and Degree Planner for General Education, University Requirements, majors, and minors; applying substitutions and exceptions to those rules; and working with academic departments to resolve issues concerning web exceptions, grading, Coursematch enrollments, Pre-Requisite Checking, Degree Planner, and the Academic Advisement Module in CS. The Associate Registrar also works with Athletics to determine NCAA Division II eligibility and is on the Board of Appeals and Review Committee. The Associate Registrar works closely with the Student Records Functional Business Analyst and Academic Advising Analyst to run audits and communicate to the SF State community. In addition to CS, the Registrar’s Office uses its legacy system for research, OnBase for scanned documents, and Microsoft Office.
Working relationships with Academic Affairs and Administration and Finance as well as other units on campus ensure that the views and needs of SAEM are considered when changes to programs and/or systems are initiated by other units. These relationships also ensure a smooth flow of information, as well as data, between the Office of the Registrar and other areas. These relationships also contribute to ensuring that there is compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and all federal, state, SF State and California State University (CSU) regulations. Position Information GRADUATION AND UNDERGRADUATE DEGREE EVALUATIONS
- Oversee the preliminary and final evaluations of all Undergraduate Degree Applications, including creating timelines, managing the graduation evaluation team, and ensuring targets are hit.
- Coordinate with Undergraduate Admissions, Graduate Admissions, Colleges, and University Advising Centerby offering training and working to understand discrepancies with the DPR and processing substitutions, exceptions, and rule maintenance. Advise and counsel students and departments concerning procedures and policies dealing with records.
- Work with the Registrar’s Office Communications Analyst to update informational web sites, forms, and communications concerning any part of the graduation process (application to graduate, Degree Planner, Degree Progress Report, etc.).
- Oversee individual adjustments to student degree progress reports, including course substitutions, Bulletin updates, transfer credit, and other adjustments, ensuring they are processed by graduation evaluators accurately and in a timely manner.
- Represent the office on the Commencement Committee, and serve as a liaison with the Commencement Office, providing reports and lists of degree candidates to be listed in the Commencement program. Oversee any additional Commencement-related activities (such as preparing diploma covers) that the Registrar’s Office is responsible for.
MANAGE ACADEMIC ADVISEMENT AND DEGREE PLANNER MODULES
- Serve on the Enrollment Management leadership team.
- Provide leadership, outreach, and support to strategic projects.
- Actively partner with analyst colleagues within the office and ITS to redesign workflow processes moreefficiently, and to create and maintain documentation of changes.
- Proactively communicate with departments and advisors on graduation-related process changes. Regularly communicate around dates and deadlines that impact work. Communication includes email messaging, Campus Memo publications, phone calls, meetings with staff and other areas, as well as active participation in Registrar Town Halls.
- Work with stakeholders within the office as well as across campus to ensure our work meets their needs and the needs of our students.
STUDENT SERVICE AND PROFESSIONAL BEHAVIOR
- Oversee the encoding and updating of student Degree Progress Reports (DPR) and Degree Planner based on SF State bulletin copy, academic department materials, and data provided by Institutional Research and the Division of Undergraduate Education and Academic Planning. Manage analyst teams to create and maintains audits, reports, and queries to fully automate degree evaluations, ensuring annual curriculum updates are completed each year before Orientation for the matriculating class begins.
- Oversee the creation and maintenance of related documentation.
- Coordinate with departments, ITS, and the Chancellor’s office the enrollment and reporting of grades forCoursematch and AB 386 courses
- Update student records in CS as needed, including by recording academic grades, grade changes, course withdrawals and other academic record keeping functions.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED Minimum Qualifications
- Lead the team to ensure that all service provided to students is high quality and timely. Coordinate andsupport staff in providing student-facing services, including email and phone inquiries, and in the One Stop.
- Participate in events such as Explore and Discover SF State, freshman and transfer student orientations,and staff the Gator Reg Help Line during registration cycles to assist students, staff and faculty who have registration-related questions. These events may take place in the evenings or on weekends.
- Provide leadership and supervision to staff in a manner that promotes professional growth, good workethics and supportive of the mission and values of SF State.
- Demonstrate behaviors that are in line with the User Friendly Principles (P530C) and Principles of Conductfor a Multi-Cultural University (P30D)
- Demonstrate safe work practices for oneself, others and the office environment.
- Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 2 years of progressively responsible experience in managing/leading/directing student records and enrollment staff within a college/university.
- Demonstrated experience within a comprehensive university environment working with a highly diverse student and staff population.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to explain complex concepts sensitively to students, their families and community stakeholders.
- Equivalent to graduation from a Master’s degree in a related field.
- 4 years of progressively responsible experience in managing/leading/directing a student records and enrollment team within a college/university.
- Experience encoding Degree Audits within a Student Information System.
- Familiarity with Oracle Campus Solutions (CS).
- Core Competencies - embody the following competencies:
- Bias toward collaboration and teamwork.
- Effective oral, written and nonverbal communication skills.
- Customer/Client Focus with an emphasis in problem solving and resolution.
- Personal effectiveness and credibility as demonstrated by interpersonal and professional confidence.
- Diversity and inclusion.
This position requires the successful completion of a background check. Eligibility to Work
Applicants must be able to provide proof of US Citizenship or authorization to work in the United States, within three business days from their date of hire. Benefits
Threaded through our Total Compensation package is a commitment to Bridging Life's Transitions. SF State is committed to providing our employees with a comprehensive program that rewards efforts that are appreciated by your colleagues, students and the customers we serve.
We offer a competitive compensation package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Pension, 401k, Healthcare Savings Account, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Vacation and Sick Leave as well as State Holidays and a dynamic Fee Waiver program, all geared towards the University's commitment to attract, motivate and retain our employee. Employment Requirement
CSU strongly encourages faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process are encouraged to comply with this requirement. The systemwide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/ and questions may be sent to email@example.com . CSUEU Position (For CSUEU Positions Only)
Eligible and qualified on-campus applicants, currently in bargaining units 2, 5, 7, and 9 are given hiring preference. Additional Information SF STATE IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (i.e. H1-B VISAS).
Thank you for your interest in employment with California State University (CSU). CSU is a state entity whose business operations reside within the State of California. Because of this, CSU prohibits hiring employees to perform CSU-related work outside of California with very limited exception. While this position may be eligible for occasional telework, all work is expected to be performed in the state of California, and this position is assigned to on-campus operations.
The Human Resources office is open Mondays through Fridays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., and can be reached at (415) 338-1872.
Please note that this position, position requirements, application deadline and/or any other component of this position is subject to change or cancellation at any time.
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled