Serve your community. Make a difference. Grow your career. MEANINGFUL WORK awaits you here at the City of North Las Vegas. We serve one of the largest culturally diverse cities in the nation and our community continues to grow! If you value Accountability, Communication, and Teamwork then you are just the person we are looking for!
An Application Development and Support Manager is an essential member of our team, we invite you to apply and help contribute to CNLV’S growing success! Please thoroughly review the information and selection process outlined below this announcement.
- Submit a Complete Application - For your application to be considered, you MUST fully complete an online application by providing sufficient information to demonstrate how you meet the minimum and any preferred qualifications, attach any documents as necessary, and answer ALL questions. Select “Apply for Job” at the top of this announcement and click “SUBMIT” at the end of your application.
- Pay Considerations - The salary range for the position is, $94,869.29-$154,275.75 Starting salary is dependent on education, qualifications, and experience.
- · Work Schedule - This position is scheduled to work 4 days per week, 9 hours per day, Monday through Thursday, 8:00am to 6:00pm
ABOUT THE POSITION
To direct, manage, supervise and coordinate assigned application development and support programs and activities of the Information Technology Department; to coordinate assigned activities with other City departments, divisions and outside agencies; and to provide highly responsible and complex administrative support to the Information Technology Director.
The full job description can be found here: Application Development and Support Manager
Check out some of our benefits here: CNLV Benefits
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in information technology or a related field and eight years of progressively responsible experience in all phases of the software development lifecycle.
May substitute 8 years of work experience for the education. The city assesses 2 years of full-time experience as equivalent to one year of education.
Licenses and Certifications
Must possess a valid state driver's license and maintain satisfactory motor vehicle record with the ability to obtain appropriate Nevada state driver’s license within required time frame.
1. Complete online application - Interested candidates MUST submit a completed application through the City’s application system. Evaluation of meeting requirements will be made solely on information provided on the application and any required attachments.
2. Pre-Employment Screening - Selected candidates for this position are subject to a pre-employment screening which includes but is not limited to local & state criminal history check; federal criminal history checks via submission of fingerprints; and drug screening
3. Oral Board Interview (Weighted 100%)
The selection process may include any combination of written, performance, and oral assessments to evaluate job-related education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities. The City reserves the right to modify selection devices and test instruments in accordance with accepted legal, ethical, and professional standards. The City will provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. It is the responsibility of the candidate requiring accommodation to contact the Human Resources Department (preferably in writing) at the time of application.
For questions about this position or the selection process, please contact:
Mai Wortman, Talent Acquisition Manager
- Grade: ACE-25
- Minimum Salary: 94869.28
- Maximum Salary: 154275.75
- Pay Basis: YEARLY