Serve your community. Make a difference. Grow your career. MEANINGFUL WORK awaits you here at the City of North Las Vegas. We serve one of the largest culturally diverse cities in the nation and our community continues to grow! If you value Accountability, Communication, and Teamwork then you are just the person we are looking for!
A MANAGER, ENGINEERING SERVICES is an essential member of our team, we invite you to apply and help contribute to CNLV’S growing success! Please thoroughly review the information and selection process outlined below this announcement.
- Submit a Complete Application - For your application to be considered, you MUST fully complete an online application by providing sufficient information to demonstrate how you meet the minimum and any preferred qualifications, attach any documents as necessary, and answer ALL questions. Select “Apply for Job” at the top of this announcement and click “SUBMIT” at the end of your application.
- Pay Considerations -The salary range for the position is $94,869.29 to $154,275.75 Starting salary is dependent on education, qualifications, and experience.
- Work Schedule - This position is scheduled to work 4 days per week, 9 hours per day, Monday through Thursday, 7:00am to 5:00pm
Manages, coordinates and directs staff/activities involved in planning, professional engineering/design, construction management, survey and data collection associated with construction of Public Works’ projects. In addition, manages staff/activities associated with construction inspection of public and private development, off-site and on-site improvement construction, line locating and servers as the City’s Geotechnical Engineer.
The full job description can be found here: MANAGER, ENGINEERING SERVICES
Check out some of our benefits here: CNLV Benefits
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's of Science Degree from a four (4) year college or university in engineering or related field, five (5) years of experience in design and/or construction management as a Professional Engineer
- Four (4) to five (5) years of engineering/construction-related work experience, which includes three (3) years of supervisory experience.
- Advanced knowledge in the principles and practices of engineering, survey and construction. The administration of engineering program functions, survey and construction activities in order to oversee planning and implementation of both public and private construction. This knowledge is generally acquired through completion of a Bachelor's of Science Degree in Engineering.
Licenses and Certifications
- Registered Professional Engineer in the State of Nevada. If registered in another state, must be able to obtain a Nevada registration within one year of time of hire/reclassification.
- Must possess a valid state driver's license and maintain a satisfactory motor vehicle record. Must be able to obtain appropriate Nevada State driver’s license within required time frame.
1. Complete online application - Interested candidates MUST submit a completed application through the City’s application system. Evaluation of meeting requirements will be made solely on information provided on the application and any required attachments.
2. Oral Panel Interview - Weighted 100%, Passing Score 70%
3. Pre-Employment Screening - Selected candidates for this position are subject to a pre-employment screening which includes but is not limited to local & state criminal history check; federal criminal history check via submission of fingerprints; and drug screening. Although there have been recent changes to laws regarding the legal possession and consumption of marijuana, the City of North Las Vegas will continue to adhere to its professional standards and guidelines as it relates to recent and continuous use of the drug.
The selection process may include any combination of written, performance, and oral assessments to evaluate job-related education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities. The City reserves the right to modify selection devices and test instruments in accordance with accepted legal, ethical, and professional standards. The City will provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. It is the responsibility of the candidate requiring accommodation to contact the Human Resources Department (preferably in writing) at the time of application.
For questions about this position or the selection process, please contact:
Victor Figueroa | Talent Acquisition Partner
- Grade: ACE-25
- Minimum Salary: 94869.28
- Maximum Salary: 154275.75
- Pay Basis: YEARLY