Summary Minimum Starting Salary $19.07/hr depending on qualifications W HY WORK FOR WACO:
- Meaningful and challenging work
- Make a difference and improve communities
- Competitive Salary and Benefits
- Full Range of Benefits including Health, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance
- Mandatory TMRS Retirement Plan with a 2:1 City Match
- Education Assistance Program
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance
- Longevity Pay
- And More!
Chance to do work you are passionate aboutJob SecurityDesire to give back THE CITY OF WACO SEEKS:
An Animal Services Veterinarian Technician who has graduated from an accredited Veterinary Technology Program and is experienced in examining animals, evaluating problems, and developing action plans based on observations. If you have a heart for helping shelter animals, this could be the position for you. Apply now! MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Required:
- Graduate from AVMA accredited Veterinary Technology program
- Must possess a valid Texas Driver's License.
- Licensed Veterinary Technician (LVT) certification is required within two years of hire. The Veterinary Technician National Exam (VTNE) exam must be taken within the first year of employment and person must be certified as an LVT by the end of the second year of employment.
Under basic supervision, assists the shelter Veterinarian to manage the health and welfare of animals at the City shelter. Primary Duties
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manages the daily care and nutrition of shelter animals; resolves problems within scope of authority.
- Observes the behavior and condition of animals in shelter; provides nursing care and first aid to recovering and injured animals; identifies animal health care issues and works with Veterinarian to implement health care maintenance and treatment plans; monitors animal health issues, behavior and eating habits; maintains records and updates database.
- Assists with public education and community outreach programs.
- Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and City information.
- Assist in sedation and anesthesia of animals for medical or surgical procedures and monitors condition of animal until recovery from anesthesia.
- Prepares animal for surgical procedures.
- Prepares surgical instruments for sterilization.
- Performs other related and assigned duties as required.
- Driving is essential.