Position Overview *The 14-day in-house notice is incorporated in this job announcement. This recruitment will remain open until filled, and may close without notice at any time after the initial 14 day period. Assessments will occur on an ongoing basis.
The City of Henderson announces an examination to create an eligibility list and to fill one (1) vacancy for the classification of Fire Inspector II in the Department of Community Development and Services. The eligibility list may be utilized to fill vacancies for this classification for up to six (6) months or up to (1) year depending on current employment status**.
Under general supervision, performs more complex fire inspection work including conducting general inspections, enforcing codes, and providing information to the public; and performs related duties as assigned. The first review of applications will take place on Monday, December 4, 2023. ** NOTE TO CURRENT EMPLOYEES:
• Pursuant to the Teamsters collective bargaining agreement, regular full-time current employees successfully completing the testing process will be placed on an eligibility list to be used to fill vacancies in this classification for up to six (6) months.
• Probationary full-time, part-time and temporary employees who have worked at least three (3) continuous months with the CITY may apply for this recruitment. These employees and external candidates who successfully complete the testing process will be placed on separate lists, each of which may be used to fill vacancies for up to one (1) year. If the vacancy is not filled through promotion by full-time employees, the next opportunity for placement will be to hire qualified probationary full-time, regular part-time and temporary employees. If the vacancy is not filled using either of these two lists, the next opportunity is to hire external candidates. Salary and Benefits
- External candidates, probationary full-time, part-time, and temporary City of Henderson employees will start at the first step of the salary range, if selected
- Work-Life Balance
- Four (4)-Day, 38 hour workweek (Monday to Thursday or Tuesday to Friday)
- Paid Leave and Holidays
- Family and Medical Leave and Extended Leave Policy
- Comprehensive benefits package*** for all full-time, regular Teamsters-represented employees including:
- Medical, dental, vision, prescription drug, basic life and AD&D insurance
- Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Policy
- Retirement Benefits
- Nevada PERS (Public Employees' Retirement System)
- Retirement Health Savings (RHS) Account
- Deferred Compensation - 457(b) and 401(a) Plans
Voluntary Benefits: Pet Insurance, Auto/Home Insurance, Voluntary Life Insurance, SSgA Upromise 529 College Savings Plan Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PLSF) through the Federal Government Tuition and Certification Reimbursement Program, and much more! ***Click here to review all City Employee Benefits Click here to familiarize yourself with the job and its physical requirements.
Click here to learn more about the department of Community Development and Services.
Click here to see what it's like to live in/visit Henderson .
We encourage you to apply even if you don't feel you meet all of the education or professional work experience requirements. You will have an opportunity to describe your equivalent experience and related training when answering the supplemental questions
- Graduation from high school, or the equivalent
- Two (2) years of experience conducting fire code inspections
- Note: An equivalent combination of related training and experience may be considered
- Must possess and maintain a valid Nevada or “border state” driver’s license, as defined by NRS 483
- Must possess certification as a Level II Fire Inspector from the International Code Council at the time of application
- Must obtain certification as a Fire Inspector II from the Nevada State Fire Marshal’s office within 12 months from the date of appointment
Required Documents/Assessment InformationDOCUMENTS REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION: 1)
Completed Employment Application 2)
Current and valid ICC certification as a Level II Fire Inspector (required)* 3)
C ertification as a Fire Inspector II from the Nevada State Fire Marshal’s office (if applicable)*You are required to attach a copy of the printout from the ICC website verifying your certification
*Please attach your documents to the "Attachments" section of your application, click here for attachment instructions. ASSESSMENT DATES:
Additional assessments may take place as needed until the position is filled. The first review of applications will take place on Monday, December 4, 2023.
Structured Selection Interview (Weighted 100%) - First Date: Tuesday, December 12, 2023
(Best-Qualified Candidates) - Additional dates to be determined All applicants will be notified by email or telephone of their application status and the assessment dates/times/locations after the closing date of this announcement.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON SCHEDULING ASSESSMENTS:
If you are invited to participate in the assessment process, you will be required to self-schedule through the City of Henderson online application system. Please check your email and/or text messages on a regular basis after submitting your application for complete instructions, which include where and when to report.
The assessment and selection process for this position will take place on the dates listed above, for the first interview, and to be determined as needed. All candidates who wish to be considered for this position will need to be in Henderson, Nevada and/or available via Microsoft Teams to participate in the testing process at any time on any of the dates listed above.
The selection process will begin with an employment application package screening, with the best-qualified candidates being invited to participate further in the assessment process. This process may include any combination of written, performance, and oral assessments to evaluate job-related education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities. The City will provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. It is the responsibility of the candidate requiring accommodation to contact the Human Resources Department (preferably in writing) at the time of application.
Appointment may be subject to the successful and timely completion of a post offer pre-employment background investigation and medical/physical examination, including a drug/alcohol test. Please see the job description to view the physical requirements. The City reserves the right to modify selection devices and test instruments in accordance with accepted legal, ethical, and professional standards.CITY OF HENDERSON, NEVADA
Teamsters Contract Benefits SummaryINSURANCE
- Health Insurance: Medical, Prescription, Dental, Vision.
- Employer paid Long Term Disability.
- Employer paid Term Life Insurance - $75,000 Life Insurance on employee.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Medicare - Employee and City each pay 1.45%.
- Employer paid Membership in the State of Nevada Public Employees Retirement System (PERS).
- No Social Security tax on employee's wages.
- Retirement Health Savings (RHS) program.
- The City provides a clothing and personal effects allowance for employees required to wear a uniform.
- A shoe allowance is provided on an annual basis to those employees required to wear safety shoes.
- Employee credited with 19 hours of annual leave at the end of the first six (6) months of employment. Annual leave will accrue from month 7 to month 12 at 3.167 hours per month (total 38 hours first year of employment).
- Accrued at 9.5 hours per month after first year through fifth year; 12.67 hours per month sixth through twelfth year; 15.83 hours per month upon completion of twelfth year and beyond.
- Accrued at 9.5 hoursper month from date of hire.
- Three consecutive days of leave, with pay, per occurrence, to attend funeral for immediate family member; increasedto one work week when funeral is held 400 statute miles or more from City of Henderson.
- 12 paid holidays per year.
- Two (2) floating holidays per year.
- Four day, 9.5 hour work day, 38 hour work week.
- Three day, 12 hour work day, 38 hour work week for certain positions.
- IRC 457 Deferred Compensation Plan
- IRC 401A Deferred Compensation Plan (new/re-hired employees only)
- IRC125 Plan Flexible Benefits Plan
- Cancer/Catastrophic Illness, Accident, Short Term Disability Insurance
- Auto and Home Insurance
- 529 College Savings Plan
- Supplemental Term Life Insurance
- Legal Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Identity and Credit Protection
- Employee Network Membership
Closing Date/Time: Continuous