Job Posting Title
Speech-Language Pathologist I
340 OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH
340 District 1
Job Posting End Date (Continuous if Blank)
Note: Applications will be accepted until 11:59 PM on the day prior to the posting end date above.
Estimated Appointment End Date (Continuous if Blank)
Level I: $56,088 Based on education and experience.
This position is responsible for providing patients with diagnostic and therapeutic services in the areas of speech and language. Services are provided for clients in the setting where the child typically spends time: for example, home or childcare setting. Services may include speech-language screenings, evaluations, treatment, and parent education.
Position Responsibilities /Essential Functions
- Evaluate and treat children with suspected developmental communication delays to determine need for services.
- Collaborate with families and caregivers to identify goals, develop strategies and appropriate effective family intervention services plan.
- Coach caregivers on implementing strategies to increase communication.
- Consult with interdisciplinary team to provide individual diagnosis and treatment.
- Provide services to families in their native language through collaboration with interpreters when necessary.
- Provides early intervention services in the child and family’s natural environment (home, childcare, park etc.)
- Performs hearing screenings and makes appropriate referrals.
- Conducts group and individual speech and language treatment as appropriate.
- Prepares and maintains progress reports, evaluations and records as needed.
- Prepares and implements Individual Family Service Plan in accordance with state and federal guidelines.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and supports mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of ethical behavior.
- Works effectively in team environment, participating and assisting their peers.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education and Experience
A master’s degree in speech pathology is required at this level. This includes academic and practicum requirements for certification by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association and license by the State of Oklahoma. Entry level duties are performed under immediate supervision of a certified Speech-Language Pathologist. Applicants must be working obtaining their Certificate of Clinical Competence.
Valued Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of the pathology of communication disorders; of phonetics; of the anatomy and physiology of the speech and hearing function; and of diagnostic testing and treatment techniques for communication disorders. Requires ability to discuss communication disorders with various treatment professionals and families; to plan and execute treatment programs; and to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Work is typically performed in a client’s natural environment (home or childcare setting) or in an office environment with climate- controlled settings and exposure to moderate noise level. Telework and the provision of services remotely may also be required. While performing the duties of the job, employee is required to talk, stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms and may lift up to 35 pounds. This position requires long period of sitting and daily use of computer and phone.
Applicants must be willing to perform all job-related travel associated with any of these positions. Occasional in state overnight and weekend travel may be required.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The State of Oklahoma is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of genetic information, race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, or disability.
Current State of Oklahoma employees must apply for open positions through their Workday account. Go to Careers app on WD home screen>Click on 'Find Jobs-Internal State of Oklahoma'.