With more than 10 million residents, Los Angeles County is the most populous county in the nation. As the largest employer in Southern California, over 112,000 employees in more than 36 Departments provide vital public services as diverse as law enforcement, property assessment, public health protection, water conservation, cultural activities and many more.Open Competitive Job OpportunityExam Number: Y2593R-RReady to join the County team?We are accepting applications starting Wednesday, September 1, 2021 at 8:00 AM (PT).This recruitment will remain open until the needs of the service are met and is subject to closure without notice.Apply to this posting and join our ever-growing and diverse workforce.
We're seeking individuals that can:
Be part of a project team or provide expertise in healthcare information systems analysis, including the definition of user requirements, feasibility studies, design, program specifications, testing, and implementation of one or more of the following Electronic Health Records (EHR) components: Registration, Admitting, Discharge, Transfer, (R/ADT) and Enterprise Master Patient Index (EMPI); Patient Acuity; Patient Scheduling; Nurse Scheduling; Time capture; training; clinical applications; or ancillary services applications such as lab, radiology, and pharmacy. Provides technical leadership in IT strategic planning, business automation planning, and business process improvements.
Participate in the development of project plans, budget, and system integration test plans for new systems or complex enhancements, including tasks, deliverables, and pricing; coordinates change management documentation and ensures that approvals are managed according to departmental procedures. Check Out Our Outstanding Benefits!
Click here to see a list of employee benefits.
Essential Job Functions
- Identifies user, functional, and technical requirements for information systems (e.g., computer systems, software applications, web application systems) by conducting user interviews; performing workflow analysis; performing data analysis; identifying patterns in system and/or user errors; identifying roles and access privileges; testing the functionality of modules, components, and/or entire information systems; creating, reviewing and updating training materials; identify and resolve potential problems, and assisting in the implementation and conversion project plans for new information systems and/or enhancements (e.g. upgrades, design changes).
- Performs highly specialized complex information system analysis for an integrated system including design, testing (Unit, System, and Integration), training, IT project management, and implementation of various EHR modules including but not limited to: Registration, Scheduling, Lab, Radiology, and Pharmacy by conducting workflow data analysis, data mapping and integration sessions to support and enhance the enterprise electronic health record system that will provide patient care in a safe and efficient manner.
- Documents process flows and standardizes existing and future process flow improvements by conducting data collection and meetings with the subject matter experts to gain full understanding of system usability.
- Acts as a technical liaison between various stakeholders of information systems (e.g., users, departmental leaders, project managers, vendors, programmers) by serving as the point of contact with respect to information system-related projects and functions; providing and receiving information (e.g., recommendations, consultation, specifications, requirements, mandates); and conveying the needs, requirements, and technical information of the parties involved to facilitate and/or interpret communication between various stakeholders.
- Coordinates information systems projects by collaborating with stakeholders of information systems (e.g., users, departmental leaders, project managers, vendors, programmers); monitoring progress on various assignments related to the project(s); providing management with status updates; using appropriate methods to ensure the completion and successful implementation, integration, transition, and/or efficiency of new information systems and/or information system enhancements.
- Monitors vendor performance by reviewing Statement of Works (SOWs), tracking project timelines, and reporting status to management.
- Provides orientation and/or technical training to various users by teaching functions, procedures, and processes of the electronic health record (EHR) system to provide individuals with the necessary information to operate, maintain, and/or support information systems.
Requirements SELECTION REQUIREMENTS:
Graduation from an accredited* institution with a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field, AND three (3) years within the last seven (7) years of full-time experience in a centralized healthcare related information technology organization** with knowledge and experience performing information systems analysis and design for healthcare related systems*** at a public or private healthcare organization. Option II:
Two (2) years within the last five (5) years of experience at the level of Los Angeles County's class of Information Systems Analyst II**** with knowledge and experience performing information systems analysis and design in healthcare related systems*** in a centralized healthcare related information technology organization.** Option III:
Four (4) years within the last seven (7) years of full-time experience in information systems analysis and design in a centralized healthcare related information technology organization** with knowledge and experience performing information systems analysis and design in healthcare related systems*** at a public or private healthcare organization.Physical Class II -
Light: Light physical effort which may include occasional light lifting to a 10 pound limit, and some bending, stooping or squatting. Considerable walking may be involved.LICENSE:
A valid California Class C Driver License or the ability to utilize an alternative method of transportation when needed to carry out job-related essential functions. Special Requirement Information: *
In order to receive credit for a Bachelor's or higher degree, you mu st provide at the time of filing or within seven (7) calendar days from the last day of filing a legible copy of your official diploma/transcripts/letter from an accredited institution that shows the area of specialization. If you are unable to attach the required documents, you must email them to email@example.com. Please include exam number and exam title in your email.
Applications received without proof of the required degree(s) will not be considered as meeting the stated requirements under Option I. For more information regarding education, please see the Employment Information document on the LA County Jobs website.
** Centralized healthcare related IT organization is defined as a unit or department that provides comprehensive IT services such as analysis, design, acquisition, development, implementation, maintenance, and/or support of information systems, under the direction or guidance of the organization’s Chief IT official in a healthcare related IT organization .
***Healthcare related systems includes: Registration, Admitting, Discharge, Transfer (R/ADT), Patient Scheduling (PS), Training, clinical applications, ancillary services applications such as lab, radiology, and pharmacy; performing information systems analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and maintenance of large complex enterprise application (clinic and/or financial) systems with more than one site and/or more than one set of clinical services and a hospital, such as a hospital or Ambulatory Care Network.
****Experience at the level of the Los Angeles County's class of Information Systems Analyst II is defined as analyzes requirements and business functions, designs functional systems specifications and tests and coordinates the implementation of new application systems and/or revisions to existing systemsAPPLICANTS MUST MEET THE SELECTION REQUIREMENTS AT THE TIME OF FILING. NO WITHHOLD IS ALLOWED FOR THIS EXAMINATION.
- Certification* from the Project Management Institute (PMI) as a Project Management Professional (PMP).
- Experience in support of EHR/EMR (Electronic Medical Record) modules/applications.
- Experience in EHR/EMR implementation/support, such as the Cerner Millennium System.
- Experience in Enterprise Master Patient Index (EMPI) related systems.
Additional Information Our Assessment Process:
Once we determine that you meet the requirements, we will invite you to participate in the following two (2) multiple choice tests: Part 1:
M ultiple choice and/or simulation assessments weighted at 40% measuring Deductive Reasoning, Deciding and Initiating Action, Working with People, Persuading and Influencing, Planning and Organizing, and Delivering Results and meeting Customer Expectations.
Applicant may be invited to participate in both Part I and II. However, only those that achieve a passing score of 70% or higher in Part I, will have Part II scored. Part 2:
M ultiple choice and/or simulation assessments weighted at 60% measuring two Professional/Technical Knowledge areas:
- Project Management, covering the following topics: Project Communications Management, Project Cost Management, Project Human Resource Management, Project Management Characteristics, Project Management Methodologies, Project Procurement Management, Project Quality Management, Project Risk Management, Project Scope Management, Project Stakeholder Management and Project Time Management.
- Software Business Analysis, covering the following topics: Business Process, Diagramming and Modeling, Documentation, Joint Application Development, Methodologies and Tools, Project Development, Requirements Gathering, System Design and User Interface.
THE MULTIPLE-CHOICE AND/OR SIMULATION ASSESSMENT(S) IS NOT REVIEWABLE BY CANDIDATES PER CIVIL SERVICE RULE 7.19. Applicants must meet the requirements and achieve a passing score of 70% or higher on each part of the examination in order to be placed on the eligible register.
Multiple-choice and/or simulation assessment(s) scores cannot be given over the phone.
For additional exam information, click here . Anti-Racism, Diversity, and Inclusion (ARDI):
The County of Los Angeles recognizes and affirms that all people are created equal and are entitled to all rights afforded by the Constitution of the United States. The Department of Human Resources is committed to promoting Anti-racism, Diversity, and Inclusion efforts to address the inequalities and disparities amongst race. We support the ARDI Strategic Plan and its goals by improving equality, diversity, and inclusion in recruitment, selection, and employment practices. Fair Chance Initiative:
The County of Los Angeles is a Fair Chance employer. Except for a very limited number of positions, you will not be asked to provide information about a conviction history unless you receive a contingent offer of employment
. The County will make an individualized assessment of whether your conviction history has a direct or adverse relationship with the specific duties of the job, and consider potential mitigating factors, including, but not limited to, evidence and extent of rehabilitation, recency of the offense(s), and age at the time of the offense(s). If asked to provide information about a conviction history, any convictions or court records which are exempted by a valid court order do not have to be disclosed
. COVID-19 Vaccination
All County workforce members must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Successful candidates for this position will be required to submit proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or request an exemption for qualifying medical or religious reasons during the onboarding process. Candidates should not present proof of vaccination until instructed to do so by the hiring department. Testing Accommodation
If you require an accommodation to fairly compete in any part of the assessment process, let us know by contacting the Testing Accommodation Coordinator at
TestingAccommodations@hr.lacounty.gov . You will be required to complete the Request for Reasonable Accommodation form as well as supporting documentation from a qualified professional justifying the requested accommodation(s). The sooner you contact us, the sooner we can respond to your request and keep you moving through the process. If you have additional questions regarding this job bulletin, please contact us at the following information: ADA Coordinator Email:
TestingAccommodations@hr.lacounty.gov ADA Coordinator Phone:
(800) 899-4099Alternate Teletype Phone:
(800) 897-0077California Relay Services Phone:
(800) 735-2922Department Contact Name:
Heidi KimDepartment Contact Email:
firstname.lastname@example.orgDepartment Contact Phone:
For detailed information, please click here
Closing Date/Time: Continuous