POSITION OVERVIEW APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED FROM:
ALL PERSONS INTERESTEDJOB CLASSIFICATION:
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR (EXE LEV) DIVISION:
FINANCE REPORTING LOCATION:
16930 JOHN F. KENNEDY BLVD. WORKDAYS & HOURS:
MONDAY - FRIDAY 8AM - 5PM*
*Subject to change DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES/ ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Under the direction of the Chief Financial Officer manages the activities of the Financial Planning & Analysis Business Unit. Develops and implements a set of planning, forecasting, budgeting, and analytical activities that support HAS major company's major business decisions and overall financial health. Initiates business cases, assembles budgets, and forecasts, and reports as necessary to the Chief Financial Officer. Assists the Chief Financial Officer in the development of financing plans to deliver projects approved in the HAS Capital Improvement Plan. Performs business and financial analysis to support executive decision making and planning. Leads the development and compilation of HAS's capital and operating budgets. Produces financial reports as necessary to provide an update on the status of HAS's financial performance against prior years and budgets. Assists with developing and preparing airline rates and charges. Manages and monitors Houston Airport's financial model to ensure Houston Airport's overall financial health is safeguarded. Assists and delivers financial insights associated with key performance indicators of HAS. Delivers ad-hoc financial analysis requested by the Chief Financial Officer.
The Assistant Director will be responsible for the following:
- Meets with Infrastructure and other departments to determine the proper timing to proceed with a new Passenger Facility Charge Applications.
- Leads the development of the capital and operating budget. Leads the completion and submission of the City of Houston's Monthly Operating Financial Report (MoFR) per City of Houston budget schedules.
- Develops a full understanding of HAS's airline use and lease agreements, including all rates and charges, and the associated impact on financial planning and projections. Delivers an Actual vs. Budget Capital Report monthly.
- Works with financial advisors, bond counsel, and the City of Houston Finance Department to determine when HAS must enter the capital market to continue financing its Capital Improvement Plan.
- Develops advanced proficiency in the update of HAS's long-term financial planning model.
- Provides analytical insight on operational statistics, cost trend analysis, KPI trends, revenue trends, business performance, etc.
- Communicates abnormal financial performance trends as necessary to assist in managerial decision-making.
There are no major sources of discomfort, i.e., essentially normal office environment with acceptable lighting, temperature and air conditions. MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
Requires a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Public Administration or a closely related field. EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Seven years of administrative experience are required, with at least three of those years in a managerial capacity.
A Master's degree may be substituted for two years of experience. LICENSE REQUIREMENTS
Valid driver's license and compliance with the City of Houston driving policy (A.P. 2-2). PREFERENCES
Preference will be given to applicants with:
**Preference shall be given to eligible veteran applicants provided such persons possess the qualifications necessary for competent discharge of the duties involved in the position applied for, such persons are among the most qualified candidates for the position, and all other factors in accordance with Executive Order 1-6.** GENERAL INFORMATION SELECTION / SKILLS TESTS REQUIRED
- Finance certifications and/or designations (i.e., Chartered Financial Analyst, Certified Financial Analyst, Certified Government Financial Manager, etc.)
- Advanced financial modeling skills and experience managing large data sets.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and other financial reporting tools (e.g., Hyperion, Tableau, Power BI, SAP BPC, etc.).
- Five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in Financial Planning and Analysis and/or Accounting with demonstrated experience in financial analysis and internal reporting.
Department may administer skills assessment test. SAFETY IMPACT POSITION
If yes, this position is subject to random drug testing and if a promotional position, candidate must pass an assignment drug test. SALARY INFORMATION
Factors used in determining the salary offered include the candidate's qualifications as well as the pay rates of other employees in this classification. PAY GRADE 32 APPLICATION PROCEDURES Only online applications
will be accepted for this City of Houston job and must be received by the Human Resources Department during active posting period. Applications must be submitted online at: www.houstontx.gov .
To view your detailed application status, please log-in to your online profile by visiting: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/houston/default.cfm or call (832/393-0453).
If you need special services or accommodations, call (832/393-0453). (TTY 7-1-1)
If you need login assistance or technical support call 855-524-5627.
Due to the high volume of applications received, the Hiring Department will contact you directly, should you be selected to advance in our recruitment process.
All new and rehires must pass a pre-employment drug test and are subject to a physical examination and verification of information provided.EOE Equal Opportunity Employer
The City of Houston is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based upon any legally protected status or protected characteristic, including but not limited to an individual's sex, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity, or pregnancy.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous