Job Posting Title
Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System Interviewer - Temporary
340 OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH
340 Center for Health Statistics
Job Posting End Date (Continuous if Blank)
Note: Applications will be accepted until 11:59 PM on the day prior to the posting end date above.
Estimated Appointment End Date (Continuous if Blank)
The hourly rate for this position is $15.50.
Location: 123 Robert S Kerr Ave Oklahoma City, OK 73102
Full Time /Part Time: Part-Time
Work Schedule: Monday-Saturday
Why you’ll love it here!
RESPECT. COLLABORATION. SERVICE. The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) is committed to leading Oklahoma to prosperity through health. Our mission is to protect and promote health, prevent disease and injury, and cultivate conditions by which Oklahomans can thrive. Check out why were are passionate about public health and believe it is the career for you!!! What is Public Health?
Oh yeah, did we mention perks? We know that benefits matter and that is why we offer a competitive benefits package for all eligible employees.
- Generous state paid benefit allowance to help cover insurance premiums.
- A wide choice of insurance plans with no pre-existing condition exclusions or limitations.
- Flexible spending accounts for health care expenses and/or dependent care.
- Retirement Savings Plan with a generous match.
- 15 days of vacation and 15 days of sick leave the first year for full time employees.
- 11 paid holidays a year.
- Student Loan repayment options & tuition reimbursement.
- Employee discounts with a variety of companies and venders.
- Longevity Bonus for years of service
Position Description: This position collects data on personal behaviors that affect health by conducting telephone surveys (included but not limited to the Oklahoma Behavioral Risk Surveillance System (BRFSS)
- Conducts telephone interviews
- Provide customer service to Oklahomans
- Accurately codes survey responses
- Follows study protocols
- Demonstrates knowledge of and supports mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of ethical behavior.
- Works effectively in team environment, participating and assisting their peers.
Requirements consist of a high school diploma or GED and at least one year of Call Center/Customer Service experience.
Bilingual, Spanish-speaker a plus
Valued Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of office methods and procedures; of telephone procedures and standard business communications; of grammar, punctuation, spelling, and basic mathematics. Skill is requires to operate office machines including computers/PCs. Ability is required to follow oral and written instructions; to independently follow established protocols, encourage respondents to answer questions, probe and clarify if needed and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: Work is typically performed in an office setting with a climate-controlled settings and exposure to moderate noise level. While performing the duties of the job, employee is required to talk, stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. This position requires long period of sitting and daily use of computer and phone.
Telework: This position is Hybrid and is subject to OSDH policy and supervisor’s discretion.
- If education, certification or licensure is required to meet qualifications, applicants must provide documentation by the time of interview.
- All applicants are subject to a background check and must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The State of Oklahoma is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of genetic information, race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, or disability.
Current State of Oklahoma employees must apply for open positions through their Workday account. Go to Careers app on WD home screen>Click on 'Find Jobs-Internal State of Oklahoma'.