Distinguishing Features of the Class
Under general supervision, assists patrons, assists staff with the facilitation of scheduled programs and events including set-ups, tear downs, monitoring patron activity and general maintenance duties; and performs related work as required . Note:
Work assignment will be at a specific aquatic facility and will include assisting in the operational maintenance activities such as power washing, cleaning, grounds care and other seasonal activities including assisting in preparing the facility for opening for the season and closing up the facility after the season. Associates will work a flexible, 5-day work week with assigned work hours between 5:00AM and 3:00PM, including holidays and one weekend day per week. Positions are available at the following aquatic centers and pools :
Ashworth; Birdland; Nahas; Northwest and Teachout. Application Process :
Applicants deemed most qualified based on qualifications may be contacted for an interview. If you are submitting an application December - February, please know that it may be approximately 10-15 business days before you receive a response. If you are submitting an application March - July, please know that it may be approximately 5-10 business days before you receive a response.
Application Deadline :
Applications are accepted until such time a sufficient number of qualified applications is received to fill the positions. Approximate employment duration :
Approximately 40 hours per week from May to September including holidays and one weekend day per week. Additional Note :
The listed pay rate begins with the 2024 summer season. Acceptable Experience and Training
Must be at least 18 years of age.
Previous experience working with the general public is preferred. Required Special Qualifications
Possession of an applicable valid driver's license is required where assigned duties require driving responsibilities.
Requires satisfactory criminal, sex offender and if applicable, driving record background checks.
Only U.S. Citizens and Legal Aliens are eligible for hire. Examples of Essential Work (Illustrative Only)
- Collects various fees from patrons and makes change;
- Provides assistance to patrons;
- Directs parking and pedestrian traffic;
- May need to place signage providing directional information;
- Assists in monitoring events, scheduled programming and overseeing patron activity; and alerts supervisor of any problems that arise;
- Picks-up loose trash and/or debris and disposes in waste receptacles;
- Prepares and maintains various park and recreational facilities and venues hosting scheduled programming, events and patron participation;
- Event related preparedness may include but not limited to opening and closing facilities; set-ups; tear downs; shoveling and blowing snow; supplying restrooms; decorating; pulling weeds and mopping and/or sweeping floors;
- Assists with concessions including operating cash register and serving food as needed.;
- May need to guard vendor property as needed in preparation of a scheduled event or program;
- May oversee the activities of a group of participants within a scheduled program to ensure completeness of assigned tasks.
Closing Date/Time: 6/24/2024 4:00 PM Central