This is a continuous recruitment for an applicant pool to fill part-time/seasonal Recreation Assistant vacancies on an as needed basis. The City will refer to the pool of part-time applications on file, as needed, to fill vacancies. Applicants who meet the minimum requirements of the position will remain in the pool for 12 months.
Under immediate supervision, performs a variety of tasks in support of Recreation Division programs, including equipment and material deliveries, food preparation, monitoring and assisting with the supervision of individual programs, team sports, aquatic operations and activities, event set-up and execution, customer service, miscellaneous office duties; and related duties as assigned.
Click here to view a complete copy of the job description.
Recreation Assistant positions are available in facilities throughout the City of Henderson. Work locations and assignments are subject to change based on program needs.MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS/ASSESSMENT INFORMATIONDocuments Required at the Time of Application:
- Must be at least 16 years of age at the time of application.
- Any combination of education, work and/or volunteer experience that has provided the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary for satisfactory job performance. Example: Volunteer work or community service hours earned while attending school.
- Possession of, or the ability to obtain, an American Red Cross Standard First Aid Certificate and Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) certifications within the first three (3) months of employment.
- Some positions require a State of Nevada Food Handler's permit and completion of Safe Serve training.
1) Completed Employment Application
2) Completed Supplemental QuestionnaireSELECTION PROCESSNOTE: You will be contacted by e-mail if you are moving forward in the assessment process. Once you apply, almost all communication regarding the status of your application will be by email, so please add noreply @governmentjobs.com and firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book to prevent any emails from going to your Spam/Junk folder.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information regarding the status of your application over the phone. To check the status of your application, please log in to your account and click "Application Status". It is not necessary to contact the Human Resources Office to check the status of an application.
The selection process will consist of an employment application package screening. The best qualified candidates may be invited to participate further in the assessment process. It is the responsibility of candidates with a disability requiring accommodation in the assessment process to contact the Human Resources Department in writing to request such accommodation.
Appointment may be subject to the successful completion of a post offer pre-employment background investigation and medical/physical examination, including a drug/alcohol test. Please see the job description to view the physical requirements of the job. The City reserves the right to modify selection devices and test instruments in accordance with accepted legal, ethical, and professional standards.