Description: Working Title
Director, Service Management Administrator Level
This position is an Administrator III in the California State University Management Personnel Plan (MPP), reporting to the Associate Vice President and Chief Information Officer of Technology Services. SF State University
San Francisco State is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, color, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, National origin, sex, sexual orientation, covered veteran status, or any other protected status. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting the Senior Human Resources Manager.
Applicants may visit titleix.sfsu.edu for more information on SF State's policy prohibiting discrimination, and how to file an online report using the procedures under Executive Order 1096 Revised. Inquiries can be directed to the campus Title IX Coordinator and Discrimination, Harassment, and Retaliation Administrator by calling (415) 338-2032 or emailing email@example.com.
San Francisco State is a 100% Smoke/Vapor-Free Campus. Smoking or Vaping of any tobacco/plant-based substance is not permitted on any University properties.
The person holding this position may be considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
This position may be a "designated position" in the California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. The successful candidate accepting this position may be required to file Conflict of Interest forms subject to the regulations of the Fair Political Practices Commission. Department
Information Technology Services Time Base
Full-Time (FTE 1.0) Work Schedule
Monday through Friday; from 8:00am to 5:00pm
Hybrid work schedule available consistent with current department practice. Anticipated Hiring Range
$11,250.00 - $12,916.00 ($135,000.00 - $154,992.00 Annually)
Salary is commensurate with experience. Position Summary
Reporting to the Associate Vice President and Chief Information Officer of Information Technology Services, the incumbent will lead the Service Management (ITSM) team, which manages campus-wide information technological solutions related to service management, asset management, and change management. The director is also responsible for managing the University ITS help desk.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a proven track record of leveraging the expertise of functional stakeholders, ideally at both the leadership and technical/operational levels. This person will showcase the knowledge and willingness to continually stay on top of the latest industry products and technologies and to create an inspiring team environment with an inclusive, open, engaged, and communicative culture. They will also bring an understanding of current best practices in data management, analysis, and reporting that encompasses both technical and business considerations. Position Information
The responsibilities of the Service Management Director include, but are not limited to, the following: IT Strategic Planning and Innovation
- Provide leadership for service management, endpoint support and service desk staff, including strategic and operational activities by overseeing development and support activities.
- Establish policy, procedures, and standards to ensure consistent, high quality service management.
- Develop framework for IT service management for catalog of services to be provided to campus.
- Working within the IT governance structure, develop change management and problem management solutions.
- Establish service management governance, procedures and standards for application development and support to ensure consistent, quality releases.
- Define technology strategy and establish technology architecture for ITSM.
- Perform IT tactical and strategic planning for ITSM and Help Desk utilizing ServiceNow for support and development.
- Based on such planning, manage implementation and development products and projects, coordinating all functional and technical aspects of the implementation efforts, including coordinating change requests and service requests.
- Plan and manage enterprise level projects, overseeing functional and technical aspects of the implementation effort using effective project management skills.
- Establish an environment of innovation by researching and examining current and new technology trends.
- Oversee development of pilot projects to enhance user experience such as virtual desktop infrastructure, endpoint management, file storage solutions, and determine feasibility for campus-wide solutions.
- Provide guidance on security for workstations and other end user devices.
- Oversee end user training and documentation for the department.
- Coordinate information management, business continuity planning, quality assurance, user feedback, document library and collaboration with campus IT.
- Establish and maintain relationships with stakeholders to build an applications roadmap that is responsive to the business vision, goals, and overall strategy of the university.
Other duties as assigned. Minimum Qualifications
- Build appropriate training and time management activities and processes for the effective allocation of staff to tasks while also keeping current in technologies and best practices.
- Establish and refine goals, performance, and accountability measures to ensure staff are meeting timelines, working efficiently, and providing high levels of service delivery.
- Work with both executive and student focus groups in the governance processes associated with service management.
- Work with the other ITS team in validating tactical and strategic applications development plans within ITSM are also appropriate from ITS perspective.
- Work with the ITS teams in determining that technology choices arising from the planning process are also relevant to the ITS strategic technologies plan.
- Coordinate the applicable Service Management team response to Information Security Officer (ISO) initiated objectives and required or requested mitigations.
- Establish goals, performance, and accountability measures to ensure staff are meeting timelines, working efficiently, and providing high levels of service delivery.
- Manage key vendor relationships with ITS vendors and service providers.
- Manage relationships and negotiations with vendors for Service Management.
- Represent SF State in CSU-wide meetings and conferences as appropriate.
- Ensure effective and efficient day to day operation with adherence to Request, Incident, Problem and Change Management processes and procedures within timeframes set by severity levels engaging various ITS partners as required.
- Attend regular Change Management meetings and ensure that all changes are evaluated and validated before being approved.
- Bachelor's Degree in Management Information Systems, Computing Science, or a related science field
- Three to five years in progressively responsible IT roles, including enterprise-level support
- Demonstrated success in managing or supervising a Service Management team
- Extensive experience/ working knowledge of ITSM, including implementation of solution across an enterprise
- Demonstrated ability to utilize proven implementation methodologies and project management tools
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as excellent presentation skills
- Strong problem-solving, leadership, team building, and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to articulate complex issues, plans, and concepts to diverse populations including executive management
- Demonstrated success in leading complex IT projects in non-profit/higher education environment preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of underlying technologies (e.g., databases, operating systems, networks, security, and hardware) preferred
- In-depth knowledge of industry best practices and service delivery standards.
- Master's Degree in Business, Management, Information Systems, Computing Science, or a related field
- Project Management Certifications (e.g., PMP, Certified Scrum Master)
- Ten years or more experience in progressively responsible ITS roles
- Demonstrated experience in mobile development and support scenarios with native applications
- Demonstrated experience with ITSM (e.g., ServiceNow)
- Demonstrated experience with user experience and quality assurance methodologies
- Demonstrated success in leading complex IT projects in a non-profit/Higher Education environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of underlying technologies (e.g., databases, operating systems, and hardware)
- Experience in the use of Confluence / Jira in a development organization
- ITIL Certification
This position requires the successful completion of a background check. Eligibility to Work
Applicants must be able to provide proof of US Citizenship or authorization to work in the United States, within three business days from their date of hire. Benefits
Threaded through our Total Compensation package is a commitment to Bridging Life's Transitions. SF State is committed to providing our employees with a comprehensive program that rewards efforts that are appreciated by your colleagues, students and the customers we serve.
We offer a competitive compensation package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Pension, 401k, Healthcare Savings Account, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Vacation and Sick Leave as well as State Holidays and a dynamic Fee Waiver program, all geared towards the University's commitment to attract, motivate and retain our employee. Employment Requirement
CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. The systemwide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/
and questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
. Additional Information SF STATE IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (i.e. H1-B VISAS).
Thank you for your interest in employment with California State University (CSU). CSU is a state entity whose business operations reside within the State of California. Because of this, CSU prohibits hiring employees to perform CSU-related work outside of California with very limited exception. While this position may be eligible for occasional telework, all work is expected to be performed in the state of California, and this position is assigned to on-campus operations.
The Human Resources office is open Mondays through Fridays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., and can be reached at (415) 338-1872.
Please note that this position, position requirements, application deadline and/or any other component of this position is subject to change or cancellation at any time.
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled